Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

I like how the project involves being more environmentally aware, with recycle rainwater and all that.

In the mean time though, in the 5 years this might take ....can you just fix the countless number of taps in the DE that don't turn themselves off unless you physicality pull them back up? Which nobody does.

Instead of paying lip service spend £250 to fix them as they've been like this for at least a full season.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Congratulations to the catering company yet again. Bunch of kids. Nobody in charge. Systems not working and a bunch of lads, none of which know where anything is anyway just arsing around on their phones.

World class.

Edited by rodders0223

Don't know if this has ever been brought up before (in this or any other topic of VT) but, as someone who has balance problems, I would welcome a centre handrail in the steps down to the seats. There must be other fans who find some problem walking down to their seat ot walking back up to the exit. I don't think a handrail would make the walking space too narrow (I am not that practical so, maybe, I am missing something).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Maybe, nice show but the toilets in the Doug Ellis are still a disgrace, the taps don't turn off and the service non existent.

I like to wet tissues and throw them on the ceiling 

New fangled McDonald’s style, beer, ordering systems in the bottom tier of the Holte. Loads of it ripped out and it looks like they will be direct access to the Holte  suite. Amstral is now off the list and replaced with Heinicke water.

23 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Quite brilliant the new system in the lower Holte for food and drinks. They've replaced the need to queue once with you now having to queue twice. Genius. 

We said exactly the same thing tonight 🤣🤣

• Like 1

From what I could see there were small queues for the machines, and one of the bars for collection had literally nobody at it. You could have taken your ticket up and had the pick of 5 bar staff.  This was 20 minutes before kick off. 

Main issue I understand was the machines going down but I guess they're in teething mode. 

Surely an app would be better? Can't be beyond the wit of man to crate an app that you can order on your phone and collect from the bar. 

The biggest problem was the new coffee kiosk that had people queueing across the width of the concourse. They need to work a way to have that queue along the wall instead. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the worst place for hospitality. Doug Ellis.

Why are all the things they implement everywhere else. I know it's space but maybe even try? Our season ticket costs the same as everywhere else?

Sat in Trinity lower for the cup for the first time in years. There is new food options, a huge selection of beverages, they've given it a make over.

Doug Ellis hasn't been touched. The toilets dont even work half the time and the taps still don't **** turn off wasting God knows how much water every game.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why are all the things they implement everywhere else. I know it's space but maybe even try? Our season ticket costs the same as everywhere else?

Sat in Trinity lower for the cup for the first time in years. There is new food options, a huge selection of beverages, they've given it a make over.

Doug Ellis hasn't been touched. The toilets dont even work half the time and the taps still don't **** turn off wasting God knows how much water every game.

Why don't you move?

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The toilets dont even work half the time and the taps still don't **** turn off wasting God knows how much water every game.

It's funny going back to the OP, reading how interested they are in quick fixes, then seeing that you've (fairly) been moaning about this for 6 months, and it's been a problem for 18+ months

Do things from here still get passed back to the club, @OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Agree with all of the above but you cant beat the view. Especially if at the front near the middle. 

• Like 1

Â