Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

Concourses are too tight anyway. If there was more space you won't have the bottlenecks you get in the upper tiers around the bars.

Hopefully they'll think properly of the actual layout in new North stand in terms of concourses and can then alter things here and there in the other stands.

Think best solution in short term is better half time entertainment so a few more people stay in their seats. They scrapped the kicking the ball into the giant flag post covid but that wasn't that interesting. Really should get some old players back and interview them on the pitch, was great when Laursen and Angel came back a few years ago.

47 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I think on Hot days like yesterday fans should be able to bring in their own bottle of waters

I did. Brought my son’s backpack with me and put some in there under some snacks. The steward took a brief look and let me through.

It’s an absolute farce we aren’t technically allowed to bring our own bottles into the ground anyway.

Has anyone ever actually been stopped from bringing in their own bottles ? I bring a bottle in (in plain sight) to every game and have never had an issue. Have seen others brining in packed lunches and even tea flasks. We are in an upper tier, so I wonder if it’s only those in lower tiers who would have the issues. 

3 hours ago, Chasetown Villa said:

I did. Brought my son’s backpack with me and put some in there under some snacks. The steward took a brief look and let me through.

It’s an absolute farce we aren’t technically allowed to bring our own bottles into the ground anyway.

I've entered VP openly holding a plastic bottle with water or squash in for decades. Got told it was okay provided the top isn't on. The stewards are also fine with my flask of tea or coffee in the winter.

I'm not sure if that's the official rule or it's because I sit in the Upper Holte, so less likely to reach the pitch, or if it's because I'm a family man attending with my wife and son thus viewed as less likely to cause trouble, but I definitely take a drink to every game.

Referred to this in the match reaction thread but I assume they were short staffed on Saturday due to the train strikes. Having said that, the service of those that were there (Holte Suite, half time) was very slow. Even a little training on how to cope with the queue for the new starters would be good, they were looking pretty overwhelmed by people shouting at them from all angles (not condoning this, it doesn’t make anything any quicker). Also having more card readers could be a good idea, they kept losing it! I understand the issue with agency staff not being paid enough to care about working super quickly but maybe that’s where the club could step in and incentivise a bit… or bring it in house.

11 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Turn the tannoy downnnnn

In the Doug Ellis Upper before the game I can barely hold a conversation with the person next to me.  The noise levels are ridiculous.

Plus if there is a crowd in the country which won't respond to artificial hype (let's hear it for ASTON VILLA), that crowd is Villa Park!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, messi11 said:

I think on Hot days like yesterday fans should be able to bring in their own bottle of waters

The premier league is out of step on this one. In the commonwealths they had free water filling stadiums. It is good for both health and environment reasons.

The problem I suppose is some rocketpolisher could lob  a plastic bottle top onto the pitch.

The blue cladding under the commentary boxes at the top of the witton are a mess. Surely that’s a relatively cheap/easy fix? 

12 hours ago, Tony said:

Has anyone ever actually been stopped from bringing in their own bottles ? I bring a bottle in (in plain sight) to every game and have never had an issue. Have seen others brining in packed lunches and even tea flasks. We are in an upper tier, so I wonder if it’s only those in lower tiers who would have the issues. 

I asked for an official answer today because I had the same issue with access to drinks inside because of queues and got my Coca Cola bottle taken off me a few years ago so hadn’t bothered since.

86DDC194-5D09-4096-9A07-F7464E9B575B.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, messi11 said:

We always take our own drinks in, just have to take the bottle tops off 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I asked for an official answer today because I had the same issue with access to drinks inside because of queues and got my Coca Cola bottle taken off me a few years ago so hadn’t bothered since.

Glass is reusable…… Splendid!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tony said:

Yes I had an empty plastic bottle on Saturday. No lid. I just wanted to recycle it when i got home. The bloke made me put it on the floor outside the turnstiles.

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Does that make sense or I am missing something? I can't bring in a plastic bottle because you can put a lid on it and lob it...but I can bring in my hard plastic reusable bottle that holds twice as much water and weight and is sealable?

Sound.

I've always been stopped from taking in bottles without caps and open cans of pop. Yet always see people with flasks and such and wondered how they get them in.

What are the rules lol

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Does that make sense or I am missing something? I can't bring in a plastic bottle because you can put a lid on it and lob it...but I can bring in my hard plastic reusable bottle that holds twice as much water and weight and is sealable?

Sound.

I've always been stopped from taking in bottles without caps and open cans of pop. Yet always see people with flasks and such and wondered how they get them in.

What are the rules lol

Well I’ll just point to that message if they do try to stop me in the future, I now have a club response.

Â