Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

57 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I won't get any O2 signal until I've crossed the park outside the stadium 10 minutes after the game. It's **** infuriating. 

I don't think that's a Villa issue though, that's O2 that needs to install more/better masts near the ground.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 21:55, Kingman said:

The entertainment outside with the bar and street food

Why is there no welfare facilities? Cabin or a couple of porta loo's? 

There are toilets in the kids funzone building and i think in the club shop as well. Both those buildings are pretty close to the outside street food.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don't think that's a Villa issue though, that's O2 that needs to install more/better masts near the ground.

Well, the club should work with them to get them up to speed. Or provide better WiFi around the stadium as a stop gap. The food service has improved slightly, but there's still a long way to go before the club get with the times on a match day. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Well, the club should work with them to get them up to speed. Or provide better WiFi around the stadium as a stop gap.

They are, that's on record.

They do have WIFI to be fair. It's just that it only works if you get there when there's about 17 people in the stadium and then there's weeks go by when it doesn't even load at all to even try and sign in.

It absolutely is ****ing pathetic when you're paying top dollar

So much more could be done to make the place look and work better. Some really minor changes would also dramatically increase the revenue for the club, some more costly changes would increase the revenue for the club in the long term.

• The card machines used at Villa Park, the Holte Suite and the Holte pub are awful. They fall over on the bar half the time, are wired so half the time you can't reach them and a lot of the time don't work. There's been a few times where I've been charged twice as the machines say I haven't paid when I actually have. Surely they could invest in some wireless card machines that the staff can use alongside a few decent machines installed on the bar like a normal pub.

• The toilets are a shambles all over Villa Park, Doug Ellis and Holte end specifically. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to give them a bit of an update, install some push-button taps and a couple of Dyson hand dryers. It's already been mentioned but some exterior toilet facilities would be a smart move, although this may be planned with the North Stand renovation. The outside bars would likely take more income if people could empty out the tanks before spending some more cash on beer.

• The clock in the Holte End Upper, left side hasn't worked for about 5 years. It may be back working now, but I've given up even looking at it.

• The Holte Pub has the potential to be a great pub and could take some serious income on a match day. Every now and again they make an effort and have a pop up bar inside to take the pressure off the main bar, but it's rare. If they did this every game they would make a lot more money, and it would make everyones lives easier.

• The catering and drinks situation has been a shambles for years. Some days it's like they are shocked that a football match is taking place, and don't know where all the people have come from. Fridges behind the bar are empty, they run out of chips, there's no ketchup available, beer pumps haven't been checked and don't work properly. Surely there could be some better preparation early in a week ahead of a matchday to fully stock and check the place over before 40,000 people turn up.

• Fix the bloody sound system, I can't hear what's going on half the time.

It's not all bad though, and you can see they are making an effort. It looks as though the lighting at Villa Park has been replaced, the light shows before games are a nice touch. The steps outside the Holte End have been painted, and look a lot better; and it show's there is finally an effort being made to tidy the place up a little.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

So much more could be done to make the place look and work better. Some really minor changes would also dramatically increase the revenue for the club, some more costly changes would increase the revenue for the club in the long term.

• The card machines used at Villa Park, the Holte Suite and the Holte pub are awful. They fall over on the bar half the time, are wired so half the time you can't reach them and a lot of the time don't work. There's been a few times where I've been charged twice as the machines say I haven't paid when I actually have. Surely they could invest in some wireless card machines that the staff can use alongside a few decent machines installed on the bar like a normal pub.

• The toilets are a shambles all over Villa Park, Doug Ellis and Holte end specifically. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to give them a bit of an update, install some push-button taps and a couple of Dyson hand dryers. It's already been mentioned but some exterior toilet facilities would be a smart move, although this may be planned with the North Stand renovation. The outside bars would likely take more income if people could empty out the tanks before spending some more cash on beer.

• The clock in the Holte End Upper, left side hasn't worked for about 5 years. It may be back working now, but I've given up even looking at it.

• The Holte Pub has the potential to be a great pub and could take some serious income on a match day. Every now and again they make an effort and have a pop up bar inside to take the pressure off the main bar, but it's rare. If they did this every game they would make a lot more money, and it would make everyones lives easier.

• The catering and drinks situation has been a shambles for years. Some days it's like they are shocked that a football match is taking place, and don't know where all the people have come from. Fridges behind the bar are empty, they run out of chips, there's no ketchup available, beer pumps haven't been checked and don't work properly. Surely there could be some better preparation early in a week ahead of a matchday to fully stock and check the place over before 40,000 people turn up.

• Fix the bloody sound system, I can't hear what's going on half the time.

It's not all bad though, and you can see they are making an effort. It looks as though the lighting at Villa Park has been replaced, the light shows before games are a nice touch. The steps outside the Holte End have been painted, and look a lot better; and it show's there is finally an effort being made to tidy the place up a little.

The one in the lower Holte never gets changed when the clocks reset 

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Have a bunch of kids behind the shutters who've never worked there don't know where anything, have no training and don't know where anything.

I can only presume the catering company refuse to pay the mall an extra hours salary to actually show them.

Chuck up em in the catering, open the shutters and let em work it out for themselves.

Often queuing for the whole of half time, don't know why they don't start pouring beers ten minutes before, it works at Edgbaston for the cricket, they're just lined up on the counters behind the folks serving. We're hardly talking craft ales here, don't think anyone would notice the difference if their pint wasn't fresh out the tap that second. 

Also a pain to use the same bars if your not buying booze. On the games I'm driving I have to queue ages just for a coke. Wonder if they could put vending machines in for soft drinks and choccy bars/crisps? If I'm with the lad we only usually want a bag of crisps and pop but end up waiting in the same queue.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Often queuing for the whole of half time, don't know why they don't start pouring beers ten minutes before, it works at Edgbaston for the cricket, they're just lined up on the counters behind the folks serving. We're hardly talking craft ales here, don't think anyone would notice the difference if their pint wasn't fresh out the tap that second. 

Also a pain to use the same bars if your not buying booze. On the games I'm driving I have to queue ages just for a coke. Wonder if they could put vending machines in for soft drinks and choccy bars/crisps? If I'm with the lad we only usually want a bag of crisps and pop but end up waiting in the same queue.

Bring your own. If it is in a reusable container they can't stop you.

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

So much more could be done to make the place look and work better. Some really minor changes would also dramatically increase the revenue for the club, 

• The card machines used at Villa Park, the Holte Suite and the Holte pub are awful. They fall over on the bar half the time, are wired so half the time you can't reach them and a lot of the time don't work. There's been a few times where I've been charged twice as the machines say I haven't paid when I actually have.

Sounds like quite a good revenue raiser already.

• Haha 1

On 27/01/2023 at 15:00, villarule123 said:

Well, the club should work with them to get them up to speed. Or provide better WiFi around the stadium as a stop gap.

Why should the club have to provide any WiFi at all? It isn't a basic human need.

Â