Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's interesting - I think it was card only in the Trinity and the Lower Doug Ellis for a period and card is still the preferred method in both of those areas - I'd assumed it was the same throughout the ground.

Yep, Lower Holte is card only throughout apart from the programme cubby hole.  I haven’t tried it this season though so possibly changed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, imavillan said:

Can any Holte End season ticket holders tell us what the general gist is of the survey please?

Do we want safe standing, do we want better drinks service, if you could buy corporate as a one off would you upgrade, would you stay at vp after a match if better drinks/food/entertainment 

• Thanks 1

On 14/02/2023 at 14:42, andycv said:

@imavillan I would be very interested in that too.  I also wondered if the club will be doing anything similar for the Doug Ellis.  Anyone know if this was discussed at the recent Fan Consultation Group meeting?

The recent meeting was focused purely on the rumours around shirt sponsorship. Mr Purslow suggested that we'd be talking about the stadium redevelopment project at the next meeting.

• Like 1

On 15/02/2023 at 12:04, rodders0223 said:

What type of food option would you like in the Doug Ellis?

One that doesn't come with a calendar for your wait time.

Sod off!

I would see going for half time pee and not having to wait so long as a much improved  part to my match day experience!

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Exactly this. They don't actually care about the fan's match days experience, because if they did they'd have made all these small, easy fixes years ago.

There's not enough money to be made from that though.

I think they would probably like see how  many of the great unwashed are willing to pay for an occasional upgrade pre-match dinning/drinking experience before going to the match. If every season ticket  holder  was willing to do that a couple of times of a season at say 40- 50 quid plus a time, that would be a big revenue raiser. 

Edited by The Fun Factory

17 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Pee or pie

Pee - granted its narrow because of the road behind it, but going for a half time wee unless you peg it before the half time whistle goes is a long drawn out process where I am (P2)

I wouldn't bother with a pie, catering in the upper is another level 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lower Holte is ace now.  Never queue for a pint (or anything again) with the new tap and grab bar.

Haven't tried it at half time yet but probably easy to get stuff then too.

• Like 1

When is the next fan forum? 

The Holte Hotel exterior is looking very tatty in parts and needs a lick of paint. 

If nothing else it's good maintenence as all the woodwork will last longer, looking nicer is a bonus. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

The cash bar in lower holte at half time was a joke yesterday, 2/3 people serving and took over 20 minutes to get served. 

They have also put Guinness on draft that takes up valuable half time serving minutes and then Amstel runs out. 

To maximise the half time cash bar for service and efficiency either get more resources or just sell cans. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

People say that they long for the days before football sold out and stopped being the working man's game, so our owners bring the rivers of piss back to the Holte End, and people still moan. Just can't win.

Don't mind rivers of piss if they charge rivers of piss prices. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, blunther said:

Don't mind rivers of piss if they charge rivers of piss prices. 

Seems to be very clear to me, working in the area I do, that the facilities management of the stadium is falling behind. Either they have cut costs and are not doing the required PPM or even worse paying for it, and employing a contractor who isn't actually doing what is paid for, and villa are not checking up on it.

The villa operations manager needs to be asked these questions.

• Like 1

One thing about villa was that the stadium was always immaculate- John Gregory said as much in one of his podcast interviews - we were a Club with class and, even though things might be bad on the pitch we usually got it right off the pitch (usually).

It does, increasingly, feel ad though we have finally cracked the football side of the operation and are getting that right but have taken our eye off the ball with the off the pitch stuff. The pricing, even for retro gear, is ridiculous, and thread after thread here shows issues at Villa Park that they don't seem to be addressing.

Maybe certain things are on hold until the redevelopment starts? Either way, they need to improve.

Â