Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

in true villa fashion it wouldn't surprise me if everyone was calling out for the club to do something exciting that drew fans in and then when they did try something no one used it

The opposite really - it was packed. There were very large queues which actually made it quite difficult to pass through or move around in the area. I think the next time we have it we might have to consider the location so there's more room,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Said it before but the Holte car park would be ideal place for a fanzone/food area.

Who actually parks there?

Maybe with Villa Village going soon there will be more car parking space in that area so could potentially move the extra cars to there (long term would imagine in the North Stand rebuild they'll be an underground car park like you have with likes of Emirates and Stamford Bridge.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

how was Digbeth dining club?

in true villa fashion it wouldn't surprise me if everyone was calling out for the club to do something exciting that drew fans in and then when they did try something no one used it

1 - It was great and added a new dimension to pre-match.

2 - The queues were crazy. i arrived at 6.45 and seemed like everyone decided to do the same.

3 - Need more stalls to dilute the queues.

4 - There probably isn't enough room on the forecourt to cope with more stalls.

5 - The prices were slightly cheaper than i expected (compared to normal DDC).  Did Villa subsidise the prices? 

6 - Not sure if allowed, but a couple of stalls selling funky alcoholic drinks would be welcome.

7 - Will definitely eat there again, but get to the ground even earlier. At least 2 hours beforehand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

2 - The queues were crazy. i arrived at 6.45 and seemed like everyone decided to do the same.

3 - Need more stalls to dilute the queues.

4 - There probably isn't enough room on the forecourt to cope with more stalls.

5 - The prices were slightly cheaper than i expected (compared to normal DDC).  Did Villa subsidise the prices? 

6 - Not sure if allowed, but a couple of stalls selling funky alcoholic drinks would be welcome.

7 - Will definitely eat there again, but get to the ground even earlier. At least 2 hours beforehand.

Agreed, it smelled amazing but by the time I arrived past 7 there wasn't even barely enough run to navigate around that side of the stadium yet alone queue up.

They could have made an absolute killing with more stalls and space, a few benches, a marquee.

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

that sounds great then

I think the obvious answer is to move it in to the holte car park but depending on the works in the north car park that might not be an option

it will hopefully provide a viable option to the garbage being served inside the ground, which should also see a reduction in the queues inside at half time

On 27/11/2019 at 16:03, alreadyexists said:

It’s likely been mentioned before but the wait times for food and drink at half time are borderline ridiculous. I got up from my seat and was in the queue for the half time whistle, with perhaps 10-12 people in front of me, it took 20 mins to get to the front or order a bottle of coke and some chips, and about 3 mins to get the food and pay for it... surely they could serve people quicker and make much more money?

In the Trinity stand, the new multi-pourer Amstel beer table meant i got served pretty quickly 10 mins before the match started.

The little portable kiosk selling bottles of Heineken & Bulmers meant i got my half-time drink quicker than last season as well. I'd put one of these in the A1-2 area as that area is quieter and less crowded than the main area A4-6. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ender4 said:

In the Trinity stand, the new multi-pourer Amstel beer table meant i got served pretty quickly 10 mins before the match started.

The little portable kiosk selling bottles of Heineken & Bulmers meant i got my half-time drink quicker than last season as well. I'd put one of these in the A1-2 area as that area is quieter and less crowded than the main area A4-6. 

These seem to have disappeared from the Upper Holte for whatever reason, it was previously the only way to get a drink without missing 10 mins of the game.

21 hours ago, ender4 said:

I was in the upper Trinity but didn’t see any of the bottom filling cup machines. Maybe they are rolling those out periodically so could improve soon

• 2 years later...

Ran out of bottled water today, not for the first time. Waited around 20 minutes in a Que to eventually get some tap water. Hope that water fountains are installed as part of this redevelopment. Dumbfounds me that there aren’t any already (in the upper trinity anyway). 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

The 'service' in the Trinity is the worst I've ever seen/experienced. No one looks like they want to be there, the lack of urgency is astounding. People only want a bowl of chips and a drink which is right behind them, but they all just stand around scratching their arses whilst the queue is on the verge of heading into the toilets. 

They've got to sort this shit out. Get Purslow in the stands for one game and he'll see straight away what a shitshow the whole expirience is. 

Have you been in Spurs brand new £1 billion pounds stadium? It's the exact same. Why? Because the contract staff working there are paid X for their days work. So if they do no work or lots they get paid the same. What's needed is a payment structure where the staff are paid per customer served or similar incentive based pay structure, probelm solved.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Have you been in Spurs brand new £1 billion pounds stadium? It's the exact same. Why? Because the contract staff working there are paid X for their days work. So if they do no work or lots they get paid the same. What's needed is a payment structure where the staff are paid per customer served or similar incentive based pay structure, probelm solved.

Yep, they're outsourced by a 3rd party and usually kids who can't find much else better

You're not going to get highly motivated, experienced and well paid servers in a football stadium

Honestly don't know what the answer is, they won't improve the staff so they should target lowering the demand which from a business perspective doesn't make a lot of sense but they should target reducing the number of people who want chips and a beer at half time, Villa Live might do it at one end of the stadium but even then I think its just old habits die hard, it's tradition and people are bored and for half the season cold, wonder what would happen if the stadium did have decent Internet or even WiFi if more people would stay in their seats and mess about on their phones instead 

They definitely lose out on a ton of revenue due to the speed of service. 

The queues yesterday were immense.  Half those people would have finished their drinks and been back for more by the time they got served. 

The do need to find a way of incorporating more taps.   Walsall had outdoor bars at the friendly.  Maybe more sales of bottles, I'm not sure people care as long as they get a beer and quickly. 

Food, maybe just sell more easy to dispense food.  You could have a whole cabinet of warmed burgers,  hot dogs and pies right next to the counter,  just grab one and hand it over. 

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They definitely lose out on a ton of revenue due to the speed of service. 

The queues yesterday were immense.  Half those people would have finished their drinks and been back for more by the time they got served. 

The do need to find a way of incorporating more taps.   Walsall had outdoor bars at the friendly.  Maybe more sales of bottles, I'm not sure people care as long as they get a beer and quickly. 

Food, maybe just sell more easy to dispense food.  You could have a whole cabinet of warmed burgers,  hot dogs and pies right next to the counter,  just grab one and hand it over. 

Was you or anyone in Doug Ellis?

I have no idea what was going on . I don't buy anything there myself as it is just not worth the wait but the queues were 50 people deep down the length of the stand.

Absolute shambles. £150 increase and it was worth that  ever.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Was you or anyone in Doug Ellis?

I have no idea what was going on . I don't buy anything there myself as it is just not worth the wait but the queues were 50 people deep down the length of the stand.

Absolute shambles. £150 increase and it was worth that  ever.

Nah,  Lower Holte.  Always big queues but yesterday was something else. 

23 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yes and we got served within minutes pre match and at half time. 

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Upper holte was terrible yesterday as well, seemed a staff shortage as half the shutters were down so less places to buy from 

Trinity was the same, presume staff struggled to get in due to the trains.

• Like 1

Â