Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Does that make sense or I am missing something? I can't bring in a plastic bottle because you can put a lid on it and lob it...but I can bring in my hard plastic reusable bottle that holds twice as much water and weight and is sealable?

Sound.

I've always been stopped from taking in bottles without caps and open cans of pop. Yet always see people with flasks and such and wondered how they get them in.

What are the rules lol

You’re less likely to throw a re-useable bottle onto a pitch as presumably you bought it to re-use.   

Single use bottles are more likely to be thrown as you were going to throw it away anyway.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You’re less likely to throw a re-useable bottle onto a pitch as presumably you bought it to re-use.   

Single use bottles are more likely to be thrown as you were going to throw it away anyway.

Logic checks out but is a moron who throws items on the pitch really thinking that through lol.

Anyway this has been a lesson. I've screenshotted that message and I am taking my flask when winter hits!

I had a metal insulated bottle with my water in,  and hard plastic reusable bottle for my kid.  Security didn't bat an eyelid. 

Both would cause way more damage to a player than a disposable one though. 

I feel the logic that you're less likely to throw them is a bit weird. The kind of moron that throws a bottle on to the pitch is the same kind that would happily launch their reusable bottle that cost £1 from B&M.

I guess they're banking on the fact that the kind of person that would throw said bottle isn't the kind that would actually bring it with them.

For the better for me anyway, if they can't serve everyone while the action is paused, and the temperature is 34 degrees, it would be pretty criminal of them to stop you bringing your own supplies.

On 14/08/2022 at 10:57, mikeyp102 said:

Upper holte was terrible yesterday as well, seemed a staff shortage as half the shutters were down so less places to buy from 

It was wasn't it. Add to half the staff just standing there as well. The Purity bar had no Amstel and the Heineken taps were sporadic.

Just now, Chasetown Villa said:

Yeah but when I’m clearly attending the game with my eight year old son it’s a bit obvious I’m not going to turn into a moron and throw a missile onto the pitch.

The perfect disguise 😉

My biggest issue by far has alwats been the amount of time it takes to get a pint at half time. However as I have now quit drinking I’ll never have this issue again. Although I don’t even feel like going now without my pre half time and post beer :(

Whats the coffee like?

Flags on the lampposts on the way to the ground seem to have disappeared or need updating.  Flags on top of Witton Lane are battered and sun damaged.

It's little things that make a difference.

It's not rocket science to allocate the bars so that someone is on the tils whilst others are pouring pints and having them lined up. Whenever I go to Edgbaston this is the case.

Considering this was the first home game of the season it was a shambles. A disgrace. Yes there was the rail strike to take into consideration but even so. To have the Heineken taps having to constantly be emptied with a bucket, no Amstel on tap, bottled water run out and, allegedly, charging for tap water, it's an utter utter disgrace and between them Villa AND the catering company need an almighty bollocking. Add to the slowness of service and they must be losing a shedload of potential earnings on match day.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I asked for an official answer today because I had the same issue with access to drinks inside because of queues and got my Coca Cola bottle taken off me a few years ago so hadn’t bothered since.

86DDC194-5D09-4096-9A07-F7464E9B575B.jpeg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Nicholas eh!....very formal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Does that make sense or I am missing something? I can't bring in a plastic bottle because you can put a lid on it and lob it...but I can bring in my hard plastic reusable bottle that holds twice as much water and weight and is sealable?

Sound.

I've always been stopped from taking in bottles without caps and open cans of pop. Yet always see people with flasks and such and wondered how they get them in.

What are the rules lol

Can you still take cabbages in? 

Asking for a friend :D

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I asked for an official answer today because I had the same issue with access to drinks inside because of queues and got my Coca Cola bottle taken off me a few years ago so hadn’t bothered since.

86DDC194-5D09-4096-9A07-F7464E9B575B.jpeg

can you ask them, if thats ok?

beer dispenser.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

Noticed that the Union flag was tied up where as the other ones were flying properly on Saturday on the roof of the stadium, as someone said above its the little things that matter, there should be consistency in as many areas as possible at VP on a match day, whether that is one policy being adhered to regarding bringing water/bottles into the stadium, Service levels at the bar, presentation etc....it all matters

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

I had a metal insulated bottle with my water in,  and hard plastic reusable bottle for my kid.  Security didn't bat an eyelid. 

Both would cause way more damage to a player than a disposable one though. 

I feel the logic that you're less likely to throw them is a bit weird. The kind of moron that throws a bottle on to the pitch is the same kind that would happily launch their reusable bottle that cost £1 from B&M.

I guess they're banking on the fact that the kind of person that would throw said bottle isn't the kind that would actually bring it with them.

For the better for me anyway, if they can't serve everyone while the action is paused, and the temperature is 34 degrees, it would be pretty criminal of them to stop you bringing your own supplies.

I had a Kalishnikov shaped water pistol....to cool the mrs down......they blocked me, but had to leave it in the car.

Where has discretion gone to, these days?

55 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Noticed that the Union flag was tied up where as the other ones were flying properly on Saturday on the roof of the stadium, as someone said above its the little things that matter, there should be consistency in as many areas as possible at VP on a match day, whether that is one policy being adhered to regarding bringing water/bottles into the stadium, Service levels at the bar, presentation etc....it all matters

I noticed that as well funnily enough 

1 hour ago, Chasetown Villa said:

Yeah but when I’m clearly attending the game with my eight year old son it’s a bit obvious I’m not going to turn into a moron and throw a missile onto the pitch.

Not you, no. But there will always be some dickheads who think thats acceptable behaviour, and whilst they wont necessarily have children with them, clubs cant start allowing people in with bottles if they're accompanied by a child because it's "obvious" that they won't throw them at the players given the opportunity - you can't differentiate between parties who "look" like they wont throw stuff and those that might.

In an ideal world, this wouldn't be a debate as no-one would be enough of a moron to throw stuff at professional footballers, but unfortunately that isnt the case.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

In the Doug Ellis Upper before the game I can barely hold a conversation with the person next to me.  The noise levels are ridiculous.

Plus if there is a crowd in the country which won't respond to artificial hype (let's hear it for ASTON VILLA), that crowd is Villa Park!

Exactly. Previously the crowd would build a much better atmosphere in the final 10/5 mins before kick-off. Now it's just rubbish music and the entrance music (which is fine but also way too loud) right up to kick-off. No atmosphere at all until a ball is kicked usually. Genuinely think it gives the opposition an advantage.

Edited by gilbertoAVFC
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â