Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

36 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As I understand it, there is absolutely zero option to buy a matchday programme without cash.  So yeah, fix that.

Do people still buy the News and Record? You can get most of the same information for free on the website. I know for smaller clubs in League Two and non league most of the time it costs more to produce the match day programme than the revenue they get back from it.

42 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Do people still buy the News and Record? You can get most of the same information for free on the website. I know for smaller clubs in League Two and non league most of the time it costs more to produce the match day programme than the revenue they get back from it.

I think people buy it more as a souvenir nowadays rather than for the information in it

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think people buy it more as a souvenir nowadays rather than for the information in it

I buy it because I always have but it is truly a shambles compared to what it once was.  The content is banal and there are countless errors.  I suspect the powers that be at the club don't pay much attention because if they did, there would be a radical overhaul.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I buy it because I always have but it is truly a shambles compared to what it once was.  The content is banal and there are countless errors.  I suspect the powers that be at the club don't pay much attention because if they did, there would be a radical overhaul.

Yeah I suspect you’re right. It’s something that gets churned out because it’s always been done… you never know though it might get an overhaul soon 

I stopped buying The News and Record not long after the kids were born as a cash saving measure. 

Then I realised I had always just bought it out of habit. I've not bought another since except for when I'd sent pictures of the kids in. 

I might buy one for the novelty soon, just haven't really thought about it recently. 

But yeah, you should be able to buy it without cash. Christ even some beggars have a card reader these days. 

23 hours ago, TRO said:

My wife tells me the Ladies toilets in the DE stand are well below standard.....the same comment every match.

It's been that way for 2 years. Same comment by my Mrs.

In short, despite spending up to £50 for her additional ticket. Club don't give a ****

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hadn't bought one for ages, I always offer to get the lad (9 year old) one, he's always declined, more interested in phones or ipads. But I bought him one at the Leicester game and he loved it. Filled in the teamsheets etc, then kept him quiet on the train back. Definitely get him one again. Regret not getting the Queen memorial one, bet they're 50 quid on ebay now😀

On 11/02/2023 at 11:07, OutByEaster? said:

You can buy it without cash. They all have card readers don't they?

On 11/02/2023 at 11:09, WallisFrizz said:

You already can.

Where?  You can't from the ones outside the ground and unless they have got card readers as of this season you couldn't from the ones in the Lower Holte either.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

Can any Holte End season ticket holders tell us what the general gist is of the survey please?

Well I've had to contact AVFC support because I haven't had mine but I'll let you know when I do.

EDIT: okay got it.  Free drinks voucher for completing, woooohoo!

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You'd think they were shaking out enough pennies at this point.

No doubt you'll need your Claret Membership+ Titanium edition to gain eligibility for the privilege of trying to buy a GA+ ticket. Perhaps they'll throw in an exclusive desktop wallpaper to sweeten the deal.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Where?  You can't from the ones outside the ground and unless they have got card readers as of this season you couldn't from the ones in the Lower Holte either.

That's interesting - I think it was card only in the Trinity and the Lower Doug Ellis for a period and card is still the preferred method in both of those areas - I'd assumed it was the same throughout the ground.

Â