Jack Butland

alreadyexists

I'd be really shocked if Phillips ended up signing for us. It looks like a cert he's staying at Leeds unless a Liverpool/Man City etc come in for him. Good player but surrely time to move on now with them pricing him out of a move which he doesn't even appear to want anyhow?

As for Butland it looks like it may go to a deadline day last minute job if the clubs involved are so far apart. Stoke surely won't want to keep hold of an unhappy player and will drop their asking price late on if no-one gets close by then... MON was the master at leaving it late for these exact reasons if i remember correctly?.

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

As for Butland it looks like it may go to a deadline day last minute job if the clubs involved are so far apart. Stoke surely won't want to keep hold of an unhappy player and will drop their asking price late on if no-one gets close by then... MON was the master at leaving it late for these exact reasons if i remember correctly?.

Apparently we have gave up and any deal is off.

Great news if true, there are betterkeepers out there with better value for money and we need other players first in other positions anyway before another Goalkeeper.

• Like 2

The rag Sun are also running that's e won't be willing to pay stokes asking price. I'm glad we shouldn't pay stupid fees for the sake of it. Butland is not worth 30m. No chance in hell.

Sto be are playing with fire. They will have to abide by ffp regulations and the money from a butland sale could help them.

However they risk having a unhappy player and no one willing to pay the money  I think 20m is what he is worth tops

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

However they risk having a unhappy player and no one willing to pay the money  I think 20m is what he is worth tops

He is a £12m keeper.

The price tag of £30m is inflated stupidity meets greed.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

All very odd given some said he had signed over a week ago...

Indeed. Chris Dolan and Dan Bardell were confident it would be happening, and your good self had said that we were in for him and ironing out details. 

I’d take all 3 of your words ahead of Nixon any day of the week. 

I’m hoping Nixon is wide of the mark here as usual?

• Like 1

With Stoke 'reportedly' pricing everyone out, it'll be interesting to see if Jack forces a move. With both us and Bournemouth interested, you would think his head would turn. I mean Stoke was not really convincing last season, at all. I doubt he wants to waste his career in the depths of the Championship. 

47 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Indeed. Chris Dolan and Dan Bardell were confident it would be happening, and your good self had said that we were in for him and ironing out details. 

I’d take all 3 of your words ahead of Nixon any day of the week. 

I’m hoping Nixon is wide of the mark here as usual?

No I didn’t, I said it might well be agreed but he wasn’t signed. I was doubting the statements made by others that it was a done deal. So my position was very different to Dolan and Bardell.

I take no notice of Nixon.

Butland has openly said he wants to leave, Stoke have signed his replacement and aren't in a position to be turning down good offers. 

We might not sign him, we might not even be in for him, but he will leave Stoke in this window imo. 

Â