Jack Butland

alreadyexists

19 hours ago, DCJonah said:

To be fair, our stance with Jack last summer means we can hardly complain when clubs do the same with their players. 

Our stance was for a player that IS worth that value.

These other clubs are at it and getting on the inflation gravy train.

These clubs might be pricing them up at that fee, does not mean the player represents that value for money, given equal or better talent can be found around Europe and beyond for the same money or cheaper.

Even at £25m at the time Grealish would have been a steal. Glad Spurs are ran by old tight pockets himself. He missed a trick there I will say.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Our stance was for a player that IS worth that value.

These other clubs are at it and getting on the inflation gravy train.

These clubs might be pricing them up at that fee, does not mean the player represents that value for money, given equal or better talent can be found around Europe and beyond for the same money or cheaper.

Even at £25m at the time Grealish would have been a steal. Glad Spurs are ran by old tight pockets himself. He missed a trick there I will say.

I think the value of players has changed with FFP, Butland is worth funding a replacement and taking a chunk out of Stoke's deficit 

That's why I think championship players prices have become inflated, clubs need more money for more reasons not just to reinvest in the team

Last summer with Jack if we sold him for a value that meant we were still in the red then his sale was pointless, stoke could be the same now with butland

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think the value of players has changed with FFP, Butland is worth funding a replacement and taking a chunk out of Stoke's deficit 

That's why I think championship players prices have become inflated, clubs need more money for more reasons not just to reinvest in the team

Last summer with Jack if we sold him for a value that meant we were still in the red then his sale was pointless, stoke could be the same now with butland

There is also a large chunk of any fee Stoke receive that will go to Birmingham, that means that if Stoke are trying to achieve a certain figure in relation to FFP or whatever then they would actually need to sell Butland for even more.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Fair enough. I disagree but there you go. If money is no object I think Butland is the guy. If getting Heaton, Pope or Etheridge neans we can get vetter quality players in other positions, I'm all for it.

In fact, Pope is infallible so might be the one to go for. And we can pay via Papal

Do we have an agreement that the Pope will buy some players for us???

Very kind of him.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Still think there is a good chance this will happen despite the premature “it’s done” claims a couple of weeks ago.

It was 'done', albeit with a few formalities that needed finalising. Now it is 'done done '. 😉

Â