Jack Butland

alreadyexists

For rough comparison purposes -

Etheridge played 38 games last season, conceded 61 goals and kept 10 clean sheets.

In the season stoke were relegated, Butland played 35 games, conceded 60 goals and kept 6 clean sheets.

Last season, Butland kept 18 clean sheets from 45 appearances which was the third best in the Championship (Henderson at Sheff Utd and Randolph at Boro had 21 and 19 respectively).

I don't quite understand how some folk are thinking is ok to enter the fray ( The premier League) with just Jed Steer.......The other 2 don't look capable Kalinic and Nyland.

Its crucial to have a top keeper IMV.

• Like 1

We need Butland to come to Villa and settle as our first choice keeper for the next 4/5 years. A £20 million outlay would be just about right, in order to sort out a key position during some very important seasons in our Premier League building process.

Switching keepers has cost us defensive continuity, and signing JB could put an end to this.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Did anyone else carry out their scouting duties by watching Edouard Mendy in the AFC last night?

I have rarely seen a goalkeeper as clueless as this guy. Several times he jogged metres either side of his goal to try to close down a player near the goal line (and failing) leaving his goal wide open. It was only rubbish finishing that kept the score down to just 2-0 .... Frightening!

He made Butland look world class by comparison. I don't believe that we're interested in Mendy.

What channel is it on?

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

Eurosport .... I've just edited my post to say that I was watching the wrong keeper last night. What a plonker I am!

I think you're about as good as whoever provided the scouting reports for many of our players during the Lambert 'era'. I imagine half of them watched the wrong player too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

For rough comparison purposes -

Etheridge played 38 games last season, conceded 61 goals and kept 10 clean sheets.

In the season stoke were relegated, Butland played 35 games, conceded 60 goals and kept 6 clean sheets.

Last season, Butland kept 18 clean sheets from 45 appearances which was the third best in the Championship (Henderson at Sheff Utd and Randolph at Boro had 21 and 19 respectively).

last couple of months that season he was playing in front of Lambo which playing for 0-0 was a tactic ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can you imagine a land of butts. It would be horrific.

Unless they were beautiful lady butts. That would be lovely

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That would be the nice part of town. 

I've heard it's nicest in the middle. But I've not been there myself for a few years

• Haha 1

Â