Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Do you honestly believe that? He wasnt great even before the injury. For a big guy he looked so weak and was as much of a menacing presence as ant and dec.

The injury didnt help but i thought he looked pretty poor most games

Says a lot about your taste in tv shows if you don’t find Ant and Dec a menacing presence. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He wasn't great but appeared to be improving. How much he would have improved is impossible to say. Strikers with much higher standings and backgrounds have flopped in this league, look at Crespo and Shevchenko, Falcao etc. Different position but Modric is an ATG yet looked like a pub player in his first 3/4 of a season at Spurs. 

Some would say a Parnamian Pub Player...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Like i said before i didnt rate him before the injury

I think we can safely say he's not one of the worst flops ever because the vast majority of fans appreciate he never got a fair crack of the whip because he didn't play enough games before he suffered an effectively career ending injury. 

You can argue the point as much as you like but you're going to be very much in the minority with a point of view like that. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I thought he was poor too but he was the complete opposite of what we needed as a lone striker, we needed Ollie. At times he looked like he could barely strike a ball it was very strange. I do think minus that injury he might have turned out ok, maybe not for us though. His goal against Everton on that Friday night was probably the highlight of that season for me 

On 05/12/2022 at 09:15, osmark86 said:

we should sue Ben Mee

ill never ever agree with this........ Ben Mee just made a last ditch tackle that you see every game at every level - was just unlucky that his knee buckled...... 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think we can safely say he's not one of the worst flops ever because the vast majority of fans appreciate he never got a fair crack of the whip because he didn't play enough games before he suffered an effectively career ending injury. 

You can argue the point as much as you like but you're going to be very much in the minority with a point of view like that. 

Im fine being with the minority tbh 😃

On 05/12/2022 at 11:32, Demitri_C said:

I didn't rate him either and I don't think he was ever good enough to be a PL player, let alone the main striker, but he was significantly better than he looks now, so I think the term 'flop' is a bit harsh. It's clearly largely a consequence of his extremely serious injury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I didn't rate him either and I don't think he was ever good enough to be a PL player, let alone the main striker, but he was significantly better than he looks now, so I think the term 'flop' is a bit harsh. It's clearly largely a consequence of his extremely serious injury. 

Im not saying the injury didnt have a impact but i still think he was gonna be a flop despite the injury. He looked out of his depth in a lot of the games prior. But sadly i guess we will never know

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not saying the injury didnt have a impact but i still think he was gonna be a flop despite the injury. He looked out of his depth in a lot of the games prior. But sadly i guess we will never know

Yes, that's fair, I'd agree with that. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

ill never ever agree with this........ Ben Mee just made a last ditch tackle that you see every game at every level - was just unlucky that his knee buckled...... 

Like he also did to Joe Gomez 😳

I just hated watching him play. Diving, complaining, moping around. Just awful to watch and so frustrating. He would never have made it. Not to say he didn’t deserve a fair crack though and I hope he does go on to have a good career. 

• Like 3

On 05/12/2022 at 11:12, Demitri_C said:

Do you honestly believe that? He wasnt great even before the injury. For a big guy he looked so weak and was as much of a menacing presence as ant and dec.

The injury didnt help but i thought he looked pretty poor most games

That's not his game. He could pass and he could finish. He's not a target man type striker, although he did show potential to be that in some games.

Sounds harsh but we should have taken the insurance money on this one.

He has been given multiple chances in various slower leagues with less physicality and still no good.

i think it was his pride in not wanting to quit, he would have probably come out of it financially better too had he accepted his career was over.

shame as he was our 1st Brazilian and when he signed like 99% of our fans, i hoped he would be great, but like 70% of our fans, realised he wasnt great at all.

fingers crossed he can make a decent living as it all went tits up not through his making.

Â