Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 16/09/2022 at 14:17, Tom13 said:

It's mental to me that that game VS Burnley is getting on for being three years ago!

Ian Taylor who was at the game said something had gone on between them (Mee and Wesley) before that tackle and I think he hinted that something had been going on throughout the game actually, prick indeed.

Getting on for being...

Do you mean 'nearly'?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, YLN said:

Getting on for being...

Do you mean 'nearly'?

There are posters on VT whose use of punctuation is a crime against humanity. I think you can let the odd idiom slide.

Sounds like Big Wes is going backwards in the second tier of Spanish football. He was a gamble when we bought him, but that injury has absolutely destroyed his career. Really feel for the guy.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, messi11 said:

14 La Liga Games
Zero Goals

Hopefully a bull market comes soon and he rises in price
image.png

What a disaster this signing has been arguably one of our biggest ever flops.

Im pretty sure he ends up leaving on a free

56 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we should sue Ben Mee

I've said before that malicious or knowingly reckless tackles should result in a ban equal to the time your victim spends on the sidelines. 

I don't think there are actually that many actual malicious challenges resulting in serious injuries to be fair, so it would be a reasonable punishment in my eyes. 

If you knowingly end a player's career like Keane, you would be plumb out of luck.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I've said before that malicious or knowingly reckless tackles should result in a ban equal to the time your victim spends on the sidelines. 

I don't think there are actually that many actual malicious challenges resulting in serious injuries to be fair, so it would be a reasonable punishment in my eyes. 

If you knowingly end a player's career like Keane, you would be plumb out of luck.  

Its a bit of a pointless rule because no one would ever admit to doing it and it would be practically impossible to prove if that happens.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its a bit of a pointless rule because no one would ever admit to doing it and it would be practically impossible to prove if that happens.

Dunno, it seems pretty obvious when they do it to me. How did we know Mee meant it? We do though.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Fixed this for you. 

Do you honestly believe that? He wasnt great even before the injury. For a big guy he looked so weak and was as much of a menacing presence as ant and dec.

The injury didnt help but i thought he looked pretty poor most games

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Thought he was growing into the games around Christmas and that for the money we paid he was a pretty good buy for our level we were at yes. £20m in the premier league nowadays buys you half of a Deli Alli. 

His return for the games he played in that season was the same as Watkins and Ings for example (1in 4) and he was playing in a dogshit side. 

If you cannot feel sorry for a promising career cut short by a thug then I don't know what else to say. I just cannot label a career ending injury a total waste of money because we will never ever know if he was to be a success or not. 

You can still feel sorry for a player but at same time think he was a big tome flop too 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

You can still feel sorry for a player but at same time think he was a big tome flop too 

Sorry, I cannot get my head around how you can call a player a total flop when he's essentially played 20 games for us and then had his career ended. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

Sorry, I cannot get my head around how you can call a player a total flop when he's essentially played 20 games for us and then had his career ended. 

Because how many managers have we had here? None of them have wanted to keep him.

He has been on various loans and flopped

So not sure why you can't see that?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because how many managers have we had here? None of them have wanted to keep him.

He has been on various loans and flopped

So not sure why you can't see that?

Because he got a career ending injury and he wouldnt get games here to build his fitness back. It's like you just keep ignoring that part

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because he got a career ending injury and he wouldnt get games here to build his fitness back. It's like you just keep ignoring that part

Like i said before i didnt rate him before the injury

He wasn't great but appeared to be improving. How much he would have improved is impossible to say. Strikers with much higher standings and backgrounds have flopped in this league, look at Crespo and Shevchenko, Falcao etc. Different position but Modric is an ATG yet looked like a pub player in his first 3/4 of a season at Spurs. 

Edited by VillaJ100

Â