Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

How refreshing. A bump to the Wesley thread without anyone accusing him of being a terrible signing. 

8 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

A typical villa signing! 

Screenshot_20230103_223901_Chrome.jpg

I'm hoping you're just taking the piss. 

Edited by sidcow

Seems everybody is rooting for him.

I've also really wanted to see him succeed based on his life story.

His own reaction to the goal, and the celebrations of his teammates and staff, were poignant, too; you could feel Wesley's outpouring of relief and you can see how delighted his fellow Levante players were for him.

" His old Villa teammate and captain Jack Grealish replied with two clapping emojis and two heart-eyed emojis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, valengull said:

Hi all. Quick Wesley update (can see you already saw he scored last night).

He's started the last two matches (both Copa del Rey) and has played excellently. Working hard, creating space, sharper first touch, spreading the ball out to the wings and generally being a menace. Clearly well liked by the players and the stadium sang his name a few times throughout the match which must've been great for his confidence. Getafe are 14th in La Liga, so no mugs, and started the match with an almost first eleven. Wesley bossed the final third of the pitch and got the winner.

Let's hope he can kick on for the rest of the season and gain some momentum as we push for promotion.

Excellent, a whole load of us at Villa still want him to do well even though we know it will likely not be here, and still curse the name (I won't utter it) of the twunt that tried to end his career. 

He's had some tough breaks and we wish him nothing but success. 

• Like 4

Must admit that until I just looked at transfermarkt, I didn't realise he'd had two injuries (presumably related). They suggest the first was a ruptured cruciate, which kept him out for almost exactly a calendar year, and they show the second to be a knee injury 1 day after the first, which kept him out for an additional 100- odd days. I thought it was a single injury.  

19 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Must admit that until I just looked at transfermarkt, I didn't realise he'd had two injuries (presumably related). They suggest the first was a ruptured cruciate, which kept him out for almost exactly a calendar year, and they show the second to be a knee injury 1 day after the first, which kept him out for an additional 100- odd days. I thought it was a single injury.  

First I’ve heard of this. The fact that its exactly 366 days for the first injury and the next injury happened immediately after makes me think its just some stupid constraint on their website where you couldn’t input more than 1 year worth of days missed for a single injury.

So the person in charge of editing his page was forced to put in 2 separate injuries instead.

Â