Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

47 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Mid-August to December. Take away the international breaks and you've got.... Voila 3 months!

Therefore, technically the original post was correct with;

Mid august to the point he got injured is not 3 months. Keep saying it won't make it right.

26 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Mid august to the point he got injured is not 3 months. Keep saying it won't make it right.

You mean like when you constantly say Wesley is shite at football doesn't make it right either?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Once again people forget how poor a player was the longer he was out. He never ever looked to have the quality you could see Luiz had. Luiz had clearly something about him, Wesley on the other hand looked like he didn’t.  He didn’t have the acceleration, the pace, the shots, the runs, the directness. He fell over 24/7 and when he got the ball he took it backwards. When ever we got the ball in the box he wasn't there. And calling him a useful asset in 7-8 games is highly debateable. He was good enough for 3-4 matches I'd say.

Best of luck to him coming back into the mix after such a horrible injury, but let's not pretend he was remotely good the 6 months he was our go to man up front.

Disagree. You don’t know how much the poor quality of service affected his game, no PL experience etc etc, as it did many other players last season who have shown with time that they deserve to be Villa players this season. Wesley showed flashes of a quality player in a poor team just as much as Luiz.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Disagree. You don’t know how much the poor quality of service affected his game, no PL experience etc etc, as it did many other players last season who have shown with time that they deserve to be Villa players this season. Wesley showed flashes of a quality player in a poor team just as much as Luiz.

I'll gladly admit he came into a bad team and could have done better in a team that didn't fight tooth and nail against relegation. But I think there's a long way from that to say he looked to have the potential Luiz had. 

19 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

You mean like when you constantly say Wesley is shite at football doesn't make it right either?

No. I mean in the sense you can't count. Or are just straight up lying to defend a point. 

I can say my opinion on Wesley. It's after all an opinion. 

You can however not make a set amount of time become something else. That's not up for opinions. It is what it is. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

With the amount of humble pie people have had to eat over the likes of El Ghazi, Trez, and even Hause this season, I'm amazed people are so keen to continue to shit over Wes, when he's played for about half a season in a team that didn't create much.

Fingers crossed he comes back and rams these words violently down some people's throats :) 

The Pie is not humble anymore.....its the size of a trampoline.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I hope he comes good but I can't agree with this. 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'll gladly admit he came into a bad team and could have done better in a team that didn't fight tooth and nail against relegation. But I think there's a long way from that to say he looked to have the potential Luiz had. 

They play in different roles and are different in stature.....smaller players tend to look tidier on the ball,with their lower centre of gravity, it goes with the territory.

I don't think its wise to compare Luiz with Wesley.

He played his first league game for us on Aug 10th 2019 and was injured on January 1st 2020. I make that  4 whole months + 20 days in August so just under 5 months. 

21 games in which he started all of them and played between 70 to 90 mins. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am choosing to shelve my thoughts on Wes.....and resume my opinions on him when :

a) He is fully fit ( mentally and physically)

b) now he will be fitting in to a more rounded side, with more cohesion and purpose.

I am not going to speculate on what the outcome will be,with him, because I have no idea.

Not even on a trampoline?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

With the amount of humble pie people have had to eat over the likes of El Ghazi, Trez, and even Hause this season, I'm amazed people are so keen to continue to shit over Wes, when he's played for about half a season in a team that didn't create much.

Fingers crossed he comes back and rams these words violently down some people's throats :) 

Oh I agree, excellent how good some of our squad players have done when called upon this season considering the lack of confidence towards any player outside the first 11 this season, just shows what a difference a fringe player coming into confident and organised team can do.

Big difference though is none of them had to overcome career threatening injury to do it.

I keep on banging on about it but Okore, Kozak and Kodjia were never the same after their injuries (although Okore barely played before his so true level unknown) and think only Kozak was out as long.

Wes been out for 13 months now and counting so anyone thinking he's just going to be right up to speed this season is a bit optimistic I suspect.

6 goals in 22 games in a new country, new style of football, in literally a newly built team, while he couldnt speak the language is still a decemt return. 

Trez, Konsa, Hause, Targett and Luiz were all written off as flops at the same time when Wesley went down and look at them now 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Oh I agree, excellent how good some of our squad players have done when called upon this season considering the lack of confidence towards any player outside the first 11 this season, just shows what a difference a fringe player coming into confident and organised team can do.

Big difference though is none of them had to overcome career threatening injury to do it.

I keep on banging on about it but Okore, Kozak and Kodjia were never the same after their injuries (although Okore barely played before his so true level unknown) and think only Kozak was out as long.

Wes been out for 13 months now and counting so anyone thinking he's just going to be right up to speed this season is a bit optimistic I suspect.

I think we are in full agreement! It's certainly not going to be easy for him, but certain posters appear to be desperate for him to fail just so they can say "I told you so"

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I think his goal record was ok but his all round play was lacking so much. Compare to Watkins and it's night and day. Although Big Wes was an excellent passer.

Still he did ok and deserves a chance when he's back.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to replace Watkins, but when we are going to have so many games tightly compacted then Watkins will miss a few through injury, suspension  and tiredness.

I'd much rather a fully fit Wesley coming in than K Davis, I'm still scratching my head why Davis was given a new contract in the summer

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think we are in full agreement! It's certainly not going to be easy for him, but certain posters appear to be desperate for him to fail just so they can say "I told you so"

It's a bit odd but I don't quite think he's as good as people are making him out, certainly not during the December run last year. I thought how we used him was a bit harsh on him last season anyway, starting him every single game when he wasn't quite ready but DS seems to like doing that with forwards not used to premier league.

At least with Watkins proving capable we can slowly ease him in without too much pressure or expectation when he finally gets back.

I think he has shown he has potential and lot of glimpses of ability, but you can't compare him to Luiz as that is apples and oranges.

He managed to score some goals in a team that were fairly poor and just finding their feet.

He didn't like the physical nature of the game though, I remember him being very petulant and moaning non stop every time someone tackled him, hopefully before the injury he adjusted to that.

My main worry is not his form or ability before the injury, it's whether he can recover from the injury itself.

Â