Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

11 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I had to go back 3 pages to work out what was going on. 

I'm still not sure........

In summary, Watkins is like Bruce Willis’ character in Unbreakable and will never be injured in his entire career, therefore since he is better than Wesley and we only play with 1 striker, the latter should be sold.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Will be very interesting to see how he fares once he's back in full action. I have a completely hope/faith based feeling that he will surprise a lot of people positively.

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the season, blooding him slowly while he catches up. However, what I'm excited about is if he can do something similar to Douglas Louis or Targett and up his game in this "new and quality oriented" Villa environment.

A Wesley improved by just a few percent (and fed by our stronger and more creative midfield) might very well be a top striker, just as or even more exciting as Watkins.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the season, blooding him slowly while he catches up. However, what I'm excited about is if he can do something similar to Douglas Louis or Targett and up his game in this "new and quality oriented" Villa environment.

A Wesley improved by just a few percent (and fed by our stronger and more creative midfield) might very well be a top striker, just as or even more exciting as Watkins.

I'm prepared to give him a year actually after he steps on to the pitch (whenever that will be) before I make a judgement on him. In his few months, he had some good games, some average ones, and some stinkers, but I saw enough (Everton game, Norwich game, the finish against Arsenal, the Burnley game up until the injury) to suggest there is a player in there. Hopefully, he recovers fully physically and mentally and then we will, with time, see how good he actually is. One thing is for sure he'll have a hell of a lot more help up top than he had before his injury.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I'm prepared to give him a year actually after he steps on to the pitch (whenever that will be) before I make a judgement on him. In his few months, he had some good games, some average ones, and some stinkers, but I saw enough (Everton game, Norwich game, the finish against Arsenal, the Burnley game up until the injury) to suggest there is a player in there. Hopefully, he recovers fully physically and mentally and then we will, with time, see how good he actually is. One thing is for sure he'll have a hell of a lot more help up top than he had before his injury.

I'm with you in giving him a decent amount of time to prove himself fresh slate for me.

Have to admit he didn't show enough last season to make me believe he'll kick on and become a decent striker but I really want that to be the case. Whatever happens and how ever long it takes to get him playing minutes I really think this season may be too soon to see him at his best.

Get some playing time this season have a full pre season and see where we are at this time next year.

18 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Heaton has been back for a month or so from a similar injury. And he is 10 years older with a bad injury record. Its a tad concerning.

Not at all concerning.

Every ACL injury is different, i imagine Wesley just had a worse injury to begin with.....

I suppose the only concern is whether he will fully recover.

Fingers crossed.

Would have been nice to bring him on when we were 2-1 up or even at 2-2. Can't believe it's been the 1(+) year anniversary of the game he got injured, and he still isn't close to first team action. To top it off, that bastard Mee had to score.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Heaton has been back for a month or so from a similar injury. And he is 10 years older with a bad injury record. Its a tad concerning.

Injuries are definitely different and I'm no physiologist.

Heaton ruptured his by a bad jump/landing himself.

Wesley had his leg forcefully snapped from a horrible angle by a player in full flight

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Not at all concerning.

Every ACL injury is different, i imagine Wesley just had a worse injury to begin with.....

I suppose the only concern is whether he will fully recover.

Fingers crossed.

I remember reading at the time it wasn't just his ACL. He tore all the other ligaments too so adds much more complications to the recovery. You can also expect him to potentially get muscle injuries as he increases his training intensity, seems to be happen quite regularly

43 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I remember reading at the time it wasn't just his ACL. He tore all the other ligaments too so adds much more complications to the recovery. You can also expect him to potentially get muscle injuries as he increases his training intensity, seems to be happen quite regularly

bloody ouch!

Â