Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Can't understand the continuous diatribe against Wesley!

A young footballer, still raw and learning his game moving into one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world. Never a good scenario.

The pressure for history succeed was too great and wrong. Wesley had some good performances, some average and some poor and he is still learning.

Give him some time please!

UTV

Completely agree.  Additionally, the players around him werent playing well either to allow him to adapt, apart from Grealish.  Remember when Wes got injured he had a poor Trez next to him, McGinn was injured and we had a weak midfield of Luiz and Nakamba.  Luiz really has only shown his quality post 1st lockdown and same with Trez, before that they were at best average and arguably not good enough.  Luiz especially looks a completely different player to the player 12 months ago.

Just as we are seeing the benefit of time with Luiz, Konsa, Trez and others we should afford Wes that time when he does return.  To judge him based on the above and rightly ZZ's comments is unfair.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Completely agree.  Additionally, the players around him werent playing well either to allow him to adapt, apart from Grealish.  Remember when Wes got injured he had a poor Trez next to him, McGinn was injured and we had a weak midfield of Luiz and Nakamba.  Luiz really has only shown his quality post 1st lockdown and same with Trez, before that they were at best average and arguably not good enough.  Luiz especially looks a completely different player to the player 12 months ago.

Just as we are seeing the benefit of time with Luiz, Konsa, Trez and others we should afford Wes that time when he does return.  To judge him based on the above and rightly ZZ's comments is unfair.

He will be like a new signing....with the transformation of the team, we need to wipe the slate clean and judge him on what he does when he comes back.....in to a more cohesive, galvanised outfit.

We were so disjointed when he last played for us and his career still in its infancy with us too.....we would do well to re-appriase him when he returns.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

He will be like a new signing....with the transformation of the team, we need to wipe the slate clean and judge him on what he does when he comes back.....in to a more cohesive, galvanised outfit.

We were so disjointed when he last played for us and his career still in its infancy with us too.....we would do well to re-appriase him when he returns.

i would even go as far as saying we need to give him some time to get a) back up to speed fitness wise, and b) develop further.

Lets not forget it took Luiz, Targett, Konsa, Trez etc pretty much needed the full season to get fully up to premiership speed/settled etc.

Im actually pretty excited to get Wesley back, the pressure wont be on him as much now and he can really settle in and build fitness, i think he will be like a new signing one he is back up to speed.

The only issue though, is i dont think he will be 100% for this season, even if he returns to the bench in March, i dont think he will be 100% by May (end of season), i almost see this season, if he can get back for March(ish), as him building back up to full fitness, i do wonder if it will actually be next season before he's actually ready to be a full part of the squad.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i do wonder if it will actually be next season before he's actually ready to be a full part of the squad.

My comment that seemingly triggered the slating of him was effectively suggesting this.  He looks a very long way off.

I'll be shocked if he's on the bench in March, but if it happens I'd be happily surprised and optimistic he's got a much better team around him to see what he can deliver.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i would even go as far as saying we need to give him some time to get a) back up to speed fitness wise, and b) develop further.

Lets not forget it took Luiz, Targett, Konsa, Trez etc pretty much the full season to get fully up to premiership speed/settled etc.

Im actually pretty excited to get Wesley back, the pressure wont be on him as much now and he can really settle in and build fitness, i think he will be like a new signing one he is back up to speed.

The only issue though, is i dont think he will be 100% for this season, even if he returns to the bench in March, i dont think he will be 100% by May (end of season), i almost see this season, if he can get back for March(ish), as him building back up to full fitness, i do wonder if it will actually be next season before he's actually ready to be a full part of the squad.

I agree.

It was a major injury.

It took John McGinn some time to get fully fit from his injury.....its the mental side that needs repairing too.

I too think ot will be next season, before we can make an accurate assessment.

• Like 1

How poor must the Brazilian strikers be if a woefully inept striker like Wesley got selected based upon his woeful performances for us.

Or maybe the Brazilian coaches saw something in his game in the performances against Everton, Arsenal, Manure away, Burnley, Norwich and a couple of others that they thought that they can work with.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

How poor must the Brazilian strikers be if a woefully inept striker like Wesley got selected based upon his woeful performances for us.

Or maybe the Brazilian coaches saw something in his game in the performances against Everton, Arsenal, Manure away, Burnley, Norwich and a couple of others that they thought that they can work with.

Firmino, Jesus are top 2 and they are searching for a capable 3rd back up

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I dunno. It's baffled me too. Mates of mine claim it's just because he was a big money signing in the PL.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s only one or two on here that think he’s shit and on too cut loses on. The majority saw potential. 

Spot on. 

And surely people can see that he is also coming into a totally different situation. I've said it all along, and I'll still maintain that I think the kid is going to be some player. Providing of course he can make a full recovery from his injury..

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I dunno. It's baffled me too. Mates of mine claim it's just because he was a big money signing in the PL.

It hasn't baffled me at all. It's for those that constantly spout vitriol in his direction.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It hasn't baffled me at all. It's for those that constantly spout vitriol in his direction.

Easy to have that confused as you started your sentence with how. It's a complete myth people constantly spout vitriol in his direction mind. It happens occationally as he's been a very very disappointing signing, but to say it happens constantly is absurd. If anything he gets constant praise on here when he hasn't deserved it. 

6 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yep. He was shite at most things football related for us.

The same could be said about Douglas Luiz before the first lockdown and he's doing nicely now. 

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

The same could be said about Douglas Luiz before the first lockdown and he's doing nicely now. 

Actually disagree there. Luiz you could see had something about him. He had the step, the technique, the vision. He just were a bit naive and inexperienced when it came to the tempo and physicality, thus lost possession and duels a fair amount. 

But best of luck to Wes getting back. No footballer deserves that injury, and I say that having done my knee myself on the pitch. So I dare say I know what a long road the recovery is. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Wesley is still young and can learn and improve.

Villa have great coaches to work on his technique from the basics to more advanced skills, I personally think this is potentially very exciting.

Presuming his knee recovers well hopefully we have a better player when he is back in the first team.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

Like a new bad signing

Â