Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Like a new bad signing

Personally, I am willing to take a rain check on Wesley, and judge him when he comes back....when fully fit.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Easy to have that confused as you started your sentence with how. It's a complete myth people constantly spout vitriol in his direction mind. It happens occationally as he's been a very very disappointing signing, but to say it happens constantly is absurd. If anything he gets constant praise on here when he hasn't deserved it. 

Possibly a bit to soon to say he’s been a disappointing signing, we only got to see him for what 3 months before he got injured, far too soon to truly determine wether he will be a good or disappointing signing, especially in a Villa team that were poor before project Re-start. 

Granted he hasn’t earned praise, but also doesn’t deserve to be called very very disappointing. 

McCormack and Hogan you could call very very disappointing, give Wesley a season with this new improved Villa squad, sure it will be a more positive thread. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Is Wes actually registered to play for us this season?

We resubmit another list at the end of Jan when the window closes, probably didn't register him 1st half of the season but can now, not sure who would drop out though 

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I dunno. It's baffled me too. Mates of mine claim it's just because he was a big money signing in the PL.

"Mate of mine" 🤣 should I start posting all the things my mates say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Easy to have that confused as you started your sentence with how. It's a complete myth people constantly spout vitriol in his direction mind. It happens occationally as he's been a very very disappointing signing, but to say it happens constantly is absurd. If anything he gets constant praise on here when he hasn't deserved it. 

It happens constantly from one or two. These same one or two on most of their posts about Wesley want to remind everyone that Wesley is allegedly excrement and worthy of being attached to Andrex. 

Whereas most posters agreed he didn't set the world alight but showed in about 7/8 of his games he can be an useful asset. He did enough to get called up for the nation that has provided consistently the most gifted footballers ever. Brazil. 

Young foreign footballer with young family who started playing football at 14/15 (can't remember exact age) was inconsistent in his first 5 months in the hardest league in the world. 

Shite? If he was Smith would have dropped him and sacked him off.

Most of our players this season look physically stronger, better balanced, a little sharper, quicker and much more confident. Wesley would have been the same and with Watkins they could have been good together.

Unfortunately his injury means it's highly likely that we won't get to see that improvement. But I'm hoping he can get fit enough to improve on the level he showed against Burnley.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We resubmit another list at the end of Jan when the window closes, probably didn't register him 1st half of the season but can now, not sure who would drop out though 

Guilbert and Kalinic I think was registered in the squad

10 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Possibly a bit to soon to say he’s been a disappointing signing, we only got to see him for what 3 months before he got injured, far too soon to truly determine wether he will be a good or disappointing signing, especially in a Villa team that were poor before project Re-start. 

Granted he hasn’t earned praise, but also doesn’t deserve to be called very very disappointing. 

McCormack and Hogan you could call very very disappointing, give Wesley a season with this new improved Villa squad, sure it will be a more positive thread. 

We signed him in June and he got crocked in December, so I think that’s some what incorrect.

40 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I remember a lot of supporters on this forum bagging Luiz, yet you could see the flashes of quality in his game, he just needed time. Wesley is exactly the same, although he will have a difficult path back because of the injury.

Once again people forget how poor a player was the longer he was out. He never ever looked to have the quality you could see Luiz had. Luiz had clearly something about him, Wesley on the other hand looked like he didn’t.  He didn’t have the acceleration, the pace, the shots, the runs, the directness. He fell over 24/7 and when he got the ball he took it backwards. When ever we got the ball in the box he wasn't there. And calling him a useful asset in 7-8 games is highly debateable. He was good enough for 3-4 matches I'd say.

Best of luck to him coming back into the mix after such a horrible injury, but let's not pretend he was remotely good the 6 months he was our go to man up front.

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

All them league games we played in June and July 🙄

August to December. You English are good at counting. 3 months I guess. 😂

In fact since you're trying to be a smart arse. Is that three months or some what incorrect to call it 3 months? I'll wait.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In fact since you're trying to be a smart arse. Is that three months or some what incorrect to call it 3 months? I'll wait.

He played mid August to January 1st so 3 and a half months. Its no time to judge a player

And dont call me English 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Mid-August to December. Take away the international breaks and you've got.... Voila 3 months!

Therefore, technically the original post was correct with;

13 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

we only got to see him for what 3 months before he got injured

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Once again people forget how poor a player was the longer he was out. He never ever looked to have the quality you could see Luiz had. Luiz had clearly something about him, Wesley on the other hand looked like he didn’t.  He didn’t have the acceleration, the pace, the shots, the runs, the directness. He fell over 24/7 and when he got the ball he took it backwards. When ever we got the ball in the box he wasn't there. And calling him a useful asset in 7-8 games is highly debateable. He was good enough for 3-4 matches I'd say.

Best of luck to him coming back into the mix after such a horrible injury, but let's not pretend he was remotely good the 6 months he was our go to man up front.

He may or may not improve, it’s hard to tell especially after such a long injury. However there are a number of players in our current squad that were written off, on here anyway, but have improved a lot this season. Trez and AEG spring immediately to mind. I think we underestimate the amount of time some players take to settle into the PL, if they are also new to the team, young and living in a new country that makes it all the more difficult. 

Just to add, whilst I agree he has to improve to be worthy of a place in the team, he did score 5 goals and if he hadn’t got injured was on target for double figures. That’s not bad for a debutant season in a struggling team. It’s a trait of this modern world that people want instant gratification. Fortunately the people running the club see the bigger picture and see the merits in giving people time to grow. The December manager of the month being a fine example of the fruits such an approach can bear. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

Â