Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Even if you can't explain why there's just certain players you naturally gravitate towards and Wesley is one of those for me. Beyond just being a Villa fan I found myself willing him to be a success. Can't argue that he largely underwhelmed across his brief time last season, but the main thing for me was that he showed in the aforementioned appearances that the ability is there, it's just up to him to get there on a more consistent basis. The injury was so unfortunate because it put a massive stumbling block in his way to getting there, but I'll reserve judgement and hope that the team around him being better plus Watkins relieving the pressure he had on him last season to be the sole focal point will give him an easier time of finding his feet.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

😂😂😂😂😂

He actually was. Should have had 6 that day. 

And after the game Klopp described him as... Unplayable. 

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

No one in the history of football has been unplayable. Its just a term used. Let's not get too literal about football. A game riddled with hyperbolic musings.

Aye. My favourite cliche is "dominating". I hear it mentioned all the time by pundits describing one side against another in a game that ends up a 0-0 draw. 🙄

34 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Aye. My favourite cliche is "dominating". I hear it mentioned all the time by pundits describing one side against another in a game that ends up a 0-0 draw. 🙄

Also if you "let" a team have the ball does that define them as dominating.

He's still young, the guy has just turned 24, played half a season in a new country and like has been said a thousand times was just starting to hit form. Can't wait to see him in the squad again.

Hopefully he'll play some part this season, gives us a very different option to Watkins as well.

Cannot wait for him to come back. Having him as a bench option massively increases our potency when we are chasing games. Him down the middle with Ollie, Jack and Bert in behind will really cause tired defences lots of problems. 

Glad he's back. But if Watkins is so key to the way we play, how does Wesley impact on that?

I'd much prefer him on the bench than not, he will improve the squad but I'm not yet convinced he will be a big player for us. 

But he has a clean slate and I'm genuinely hoping it works out for him. Actually looking forward to seeing him out there again, which is very different to how I felt about him last year. 

59 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I thought that, is that him in training with the 1st team or just one on one still?

No, he is still a fair way away from that. He is still doing one on one rehab work, still some way to go before full training.

I don’t think he will be available until for quite some time yet.

Â