Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He may make some cameos but it's highly realistic he'll move on in the summer.

Player his age need to be playing games every week and he simply won't here with Watkins in the ranks.

Football can be cruel. Along with Heaton I feel like we've outgrown Wesley. He can't press like Watkins and he isn't prolific.

So by your logic we only need ONE striker, as we can't have players who aren't playing every week?

Unless they are under 18's or something?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So by your logic we only need ONE striker, as we can't have players who aren't playing every week?

Unless they are under 18's or something?

Well Kane has been Spurs only striker for about 6 years really.

Watkins has no past injury record and that's no coinsidence. Some players are prone to injuries some aren't.

We have young Louie Barry who i think is ready for the step and who i think has the potential to be better than Watkins. I don't see that potential with either Wesley or Keinan. So i'd rather get rid in the summer if possible.

• Like 2

Just now, villalad21 said:

Watkins has no past injury record and that's no coinsidence. Some players are prone to injuries some aren't.

We have young Louie Barry who i think is ready for the step and who i think has the potential to be better than Watkins. I don't see that potential with either Wesley or Keinan. So i'd rather get rid in the summer if possible.

Wesley got assaulted by a scissor challenge. He's previously  had meningitis, a bruise and an open wound according to transfermarket injury History. Also a minor ligament injury. 

He might become more injury prone now but he wasn't beforehand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And do you remember what happened when he was injured last season?

Leaving Mourinho desperate for a striker?

They didn't purposely choose to NOT have any backup strikers. lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And do you remember what happened when he was injured last season?

Leaving Mourinho desperate for a striker?

They didn't purposely choose to NOT have any backup strikers. lol

Luckily Watkins doesn't share his injury record

Watkins played 46 league games last season + the cup without a worry. And that's been the case all his career.

Chance of him getting injured is astronomical and i wouldn't even worry about it.

Edited by villalad21

Wesley won’t be going anywhere (unless Ben Mee has actually finished his career). He was bought for his potential, not just for one season. Assuming he can make a full return to fitness, he’ll be given time to get back up to speed and continue with his development. He was getting better and it looked like he’d turned a corner at Burnley that day, until the albino Bruce Lee tried to break his legs.

There will be less pressure on Wesley now, Watkins is the main man and Wesley can be reintroduced slowly. Douglas-Luiz and Trezeguet look so much better now they’ve settled into the country and team, it may well be the same for big Wes. He’ll be a useful back up to Watkins, a different type of player sure, but with his power and strength coming off the bench he gives us options. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watkins played 46 league games last season + the cup without a worry. And that's been the case all his career.

Chance of him getting injured is astronomical and i wouldn't even worry about it.

Does your Mother still cross the road with you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just a silly comment to make for so many reasons...not going to argue with you like I have in the past.  It just shows how naive you are.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see him back. 

I know he's probably still a couple of months away but the football god's should speed up the process so he's back for Burnley on the 27th. 

I happily take a 6 game ban to watch him smash Mee to pieces

39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Before his injury at Burnley which even people in Turks and Caicos could see was the result of an aggravated assault Wesley had been injured for 19 days in his entire career. 

What exactly happens to your statement if Ben Mee does that to Watkins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

What exactly happens to your statement if Ben Mee does that to Watkins. 

It's a bit irrelevant as those types of tackles are so incredibly rare.

I'd prefer to focus on normal injuries. And that's all about genetics

Louie Barry is the one with the most potential by far. I'd be more than happy with upgrading him to the first team. He has a much higher ceiling than both Keinan and Wes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

It's a bit irrelevant as those types of tackles are so incredibly rare.

I'd prefer to focus on normal injuries. And that's all about genetics

Louie Barry is the one with the most potential by far. I'd be more than happy with upgrading him to the first team. He has a much higher ceiling than both Keinan and Wes.

Maybe you should join the scouting team, you seem to have acquired a crystal ball

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair he looked even skinnier earlier into his rehab.

I assume it's just the lack of resistance training and weights etc.

I'd actually prefer if he could bulk up a bit more, but you could be onto something.

A little more speed could make all the difference.

In addition to muscle decay as a result of the injury, presumably they want him under fighting weight for the sake of his joint and muscle health atm. Then build up his size once his muscle health is back up to snuff. 

Will be interesting to see if he has been improving in other aspects of his game - positional sense etc - during his enforced absence?

Fwiw, I hope Wes gets to play again Mee again and buries him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

This is an incredibly stupid post. He’s a professional footballer. He gets tackled, fouled, goes up for headers every match he plays. He isn’t the Terminator. He’ll get injured at some point in his career.

• Like 2

Â