Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Unfortunately it happens, and it's never good to see.

I haven't seen the tackle since watching live but if there's malicious intent in it, and that is plain to see, why not dish out retrospective action?

Disallow Grealish's first goal at Burnley but we're not going to review a tackle that may be the end of a young man's top flight career?

• Like 1

Such a shame. 

I honestly think he had all the attributes to adapt and thrive in this league. 

5 goals wasn't a terrible return, playing badly and starting to improve. 

Anyway it's moot now, hopefully he recovers 100% and fights to get his game with us in the Premier League next season 

20 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

@Keener window-cleaner Jesus. I'm not sure which is worse but was it a journo or ex-pro?

Haha, a journalist I think. The commentators are normally quite good, this was after all at lunch time New Year's day so I have some understanding for him not having his best of days, perhaps still drunk 😄 

I don't think he will get retrospectively punished unfortunately.  His reaction to the tackle was very much of a guy who knew he'd left his mark on Wes and didn't care that he might have injured him though.  I just feel bad for Wes.  We do seem to be unlucky with our 'marquee' signings, Wes and Heaton now, Benteke, Okore and Kozak under Lambert, Amavi too and going back to Nilis of course.

26 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Can’t see it happening, but I would imagine he will be watched closely by the FA from now on, not that will help us much. Do you think The club get insurance money right something like that when stuff like this happens.

Can't be much insurance money, can it? Probably just covering his wages.

But you're probably right that we won't hand in a protest. Wouldn't do much good, I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

There is. As he wasn’t carded the FA could retrospectively ban him for using excessive force.

They won’t, but they can if they want to stop him trying to end any more careers.

I think there's a level of reckless behaviour there. Mee doesn't seem to be too concerned about the well-being of his opponents. He is a danger to other players, a low-level danger, but still a danger. He would need a reminder somehow.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A week ago some fans wrote on here if Smith carries on starting Wes we will get relegated. He starts and has a great game and now this. Its a funny old game. 

Not sure what you mean by this. Is it their fault this happened?

11 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The first goal was ruled out by VAR because Wesley's heel was offside, yet VAR do not look at that tackle. What the hell is the point of VAR. Look at everything or look at nothing. 

Look only at the goal line. That's what VAR is good for.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Not sure what you mean by this. Is it their fault this happened?

Nah of cause not. I’m just saying it’s sod’s law.  Some fans desperately wanted him out the team for the next game and now it’s actually happened for the rest of the season.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Doesn't matter how you rate Wesley this is a massive blow to us and could be the difference between staying up or going down. Yes we'll buy a replacemnt but we were going to do that anyway and we'd have Wesley as back up, now if the new forward gets injured we will have to rely on either Davis, Hogan, or Kodjia as back up, all three of those are injury prone, before you even begin to wonder if they're good enough or not, and it's okay saying buy two strikers, buying two strikers could very well mean us having to miss out on signing a player for another position that we had in mind, it might mean not signing either a winger, or a centre-mid who in their turn could have been the difference between staying up or going down. This injury isn't just about Wesley being out but also the knock on affect it has on the rest of the squad.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah of cause not. I’m just saying it’s sod’s law.  Some fans desperately wanted him out the team and now it’s actually happened! 

No, of course not mate. I'm just damn angry with that tackle and its' consequences to a young player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Gutted for the lad. I tore my knee ligaments over twenty years ago and my knee was never the same and isn’t even now. I still get a dull ache most of the time. I could carry on playing full contact sports, but as the surgeon said it’s never going to be like your original knee.  Hope Wesley returns stronger than ever for us and wish him a speedy recovery.

Nobody paid 22 million for you though.

Just now, useless said:

we will have to rely on either Davis, Hogan, or Kodjia as back up, all three of those are injury prone, before you even begin to wonder if they're good enough or not, 

Image result for school kid slowly raising hand gif

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Nobody paid 22 million for you though.

Money doesn't buy ligament repair though. Only the best physios and sports doctors.

At the end of the day ACL injuries are only made worse by repetitive strain, something professional athletes are prime candidates for.

Â