Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

In accordance with villa logic just how good is wes gonna get if hes out for 6 months?

Was thinking that yesterday.

When he does come he will no doubt be one of the best players in the world, like a new signing and all that. :D 

43 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Have to say, if the injury is that bad he didn't appear to be in excruciating pain, he's a tough bastard.

Hopefully he is putting Ben Mee in his book for payback next season. 

Ben Mee is clearly a scumbag who has a history of this. The tackle was horrific and VAR not even looking at it just sums them up. And people who say "he won the ball" know nothing about football. It was excessive force, which is a red card offence. A good defender would have stood him up and showed him down the line and tried to box him into the corner. That is the proper way to defend. Only a thug would lunge in recklessly like he did, with the full intent to "leave one on him". It's the kind of tackle that needs to be completely outlawed as it is career threatening. Poor Wes, I feel so bad for him.

• Like 2

Flad to come on here and see that most of his biggest doubters gave him loads of creds for his game yesterday. Not so great to see some only pointing out his spelling, but not surprised.

His best game all season, really looking up for it and then that tackle. My first thought wa that even though he got the ball it looked uncontrolld, and the replays showed the sam thing He didn't have that tackle under control and we should at least have got a freekick and Mee a yellow. The pictures shows a red. Can't understand how the ref and VAR let that one go. And where's Roy Keane when you need him?

Really hope for a speedy recovery.

This will probably be rather expensive for us. We really, really need a good striker/forward in now and other clubs will know that. And we need another one too, probably. And then we'll have to pay a club to take Kodjia. 😛

• Like 1

I'm really torn on that challenge.  There's not much else he can do to win the ball - I don't think it's a malicious scissor challenge as others have eluded to.   His trailing leg doesn't come and wrap around Wesley (as a proper scissor challenge would).  That said...  he's clearly trying to completely clatter Wesley.  Likely not to injure him, but certainly to "leave a mark".   For me, it's more unfortunate than anything else, but he obviously challenges with unnecessary force generally.

Shame, because Wesley played well yesterday.  Smart pass leading up to Grealish's goal too.  Would've been easy to lay it off to Luis, but he spots Nakamba instead and that, basically, freed up all the rest of the space.  Hopefully the injury isn't too bad, but he'll be out for a couple of months for sure :( 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'm really torn on that challenge.  There's not much else he can do to win the ball - I don't think it's a malicious scissor challenge as others have eluded to.   His trailing leg doesn't come and wrap around Wesley (as a proper scissor challenge would).  That said...  he's clearly trying to completely clatter Wesley.  Likely not to injure him, but certainly to "leave a mark".   For me, it's more unfortunate than anything else, but he obviously challenges with unnecessary force generally.

Shame, because Wesley played well yesterday.  Smart pass leading up to Grealish's goal too.  Would've been easy to lay it off to Luis, but he spots Nakamba instead and that, basically, freed up all the rest of the space.  Hopefully the injury isn't too bad, but he'll be out for a couple of months for sure :( 

But he didn't need to win the ball. He should have showed him down the line. That's what you do when you can't win the ball safely. Wesley was running down the line, not in on goal. It wasn't a goal saving tackle and Mee had 2 or 3 other players around him who could have helped out if he'd shown Wesley into the corner. Defending isn't just about winning the ball. He knew full well that he was going to make contact with Wesley.

It's just typical Burnley shithousery, always trying to leave a mark on the opposition...rough them out of the game etc. They know they can't out-football anyone so they have to resort to such tactics. The fact that it leads to players getting seriously injured is the cherry on top of the shit cake. Hope they get relegated and find themselves at home in the Championship where this is more commonplace.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

But he didn't need to win the ball. He should have showed him down the line. That's what you do when you can't win the ball safely. Wesley was running down the line, not in on goal. It wasn't a goal saving tackle and Mee had 2 or 3 other players around him who could have helped out if he'd shown Wesley into the corner. Defending isn't just about winning the ball. He knew full well that he was going to make contact with Wesley.

If he shows him down the line, there's the chance he gets turned and his side concede.  The majority of defenders would go in to win that ball - and, to be fair, he did win the ball.

19 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Flad to come on here and see that most of his biggest doubters gave him loads of creds for his game yesterday. Not so great to see some only pointing out his spelling, but not surprised.

His best game all season, really looking up for it and then that tackle. My first thought wa that even though he got the ball it looked uncontrolld, and the replays showed the sam thing He didn't have that tackle under control and we should at least have got a freekick and Mee a yellow. The pictures shows a red. Can't understand how the ref and VAR let that one go. And where's Roy Keane when you need him?

Really hope for a speedy recovery.

This will probably be rather expensive for us. We really, really need a good striker/forward in now and other clubs will know that. And we need another one too, probably. And then we'll have to pay a club to take Kodjia. 😛

Glad. G. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If he shows him down the line, there's the chance he gets turned and his side concede.  The majority of defenders would go in to win that ball - and, to be fair, he did win the ball.

No, not if he does it well. A good defender would be able to show him into the corner and keep him there until another player comes to help out, and maybe make the attacker run it out of play. Number one rule of defending is don't dive in. The fact that he got the ball is absolutely irrelevant. It is dangerous play, simple as that.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Glad. G. 

Out of likes, so here you go: 🤣 Sometimes posys get better than tehy were intended to. :D

But now it's official that he's out for the season. Ben Mee is probably my least liked player in the PL. 😡

Â