Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

21 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Could be a blessing in disguise, the pressure must be immense.

Zero blessings for anyone sadly. Gutted for Wes. 2 season ending injuries in a single match! Only at Villa! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'm sure it'll help him to have his family around him (especially his kids).

Maybe initially for a couple of weeks, at the end of the day he's a 22m asset so should be getting the  best posible care in the UK.

The tackle was dangerous, a tackle that should of been given a red card I think. You could see in that tackle that not only is there intent in taking someone down, but intent on making sure they don't get back up.

When you have other football clubs fans blasting a player for there recklessness, in this case Liverpool fans it only says one thing about the challange. A scissor like challange like that, Wesley was lucky to be carried off without breaking anything.

As it stands have you all noticed something, it seems to be our players during matches mostly that are getting hurt, there is a very reckless behaviour in the premier. I once thought this importing behaviour was confined to the championship, only because of the extra competition of trying to achieve promotion, it appears it's also in the the premier. I'm afraid for our season on a few levels now, that we now need a bigger squad because of the injurys were picking up out of players trying to take down our lads.

Referees have without a doubt gotten soft, a tackle like what was made on Wesley should of brought that ref into action, that Action that should of resulted in a red. A player gets injured on that level it changes our season, yet these soft refs give the player who made the nasty challange a yellow, the punishment doesn't fit the crime as they say.

• Like 1

Sad news that he's crocked. But it might be a blessing in disguise for Villa. NSWE have an excuse to release the player and they'll have to sign two strikers this window which we desperately need.

Star crossed start at AVFC for Wesley so I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in a Villa shirt again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sad news that he's crocked. But it might be a blessing in disguise for Villa. NSWE have an excuse to release the player and they'll have to sign two strikers this window which we desperately need.

Star crossed start at AVFC for Wesley so I wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in a Villa shirt again.

Dude you need to lay off the whoopy weed....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Try countering my post with something resembling a point.

Honestly I thought you must be so high you wouldn't understand anything I wrote.

My point is everything about your post is incorrect from the his injury being a blessing in disguise to never seeing him play for Villa again.

If I were you I would've gone along with being high, if you're not and you wrote that post well.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The post doesn't have a point worth 'countering'. Calling a serious injury to one of our players a blessing of any description is frankly disgusting. 

It's a figure of speech used within the context of the roster of players we will need now that he's out. The first four words of my post says all you need to know how I feel about Wesley rupturing his ACL. Spare me your moralizing, cheers.

Edited by maqroll

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Honestly I thought you must be so high you wouldn't understand anything I wrote.

My point is everything about your post is incorrect from the his injury being a blessing in disguise to never seeing him play for Villa again.

If I were you I would've gone along with being high, if you're not and you wrote that post well.....

Brilliant.

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Well, the idea that having a £22m player potentially suffering a career limiting injury and being out for at least half a season, is a blessing in disguise, is slightly mental.

FFP prevents us from just solving this with a huge cash injection.

And on top of that (or should I say, even more fundamentally) there is the human angle of watching a young man who was just starting to look settled suffer this kind of injury.

I'm not celebrating his injury. 

But's he is out for the season.

Consequently, his absence could be a blessing in disguise. Why "in disguise"? Because he's been badly injured and calling it a "blessing" seems counterintuitive.

But *if* his absence from the side leads to the addition of attacking options that help Aston Villa not get relegated, it becomes a "blessing".

Also: 2+2=4.

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Release him? Why would we do that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm not celebrating his injury. 

But's he is out for the season.

Consequently, his absence could be a blessing in disguise. Why "in disguise"? Because he's been badly injured and calling it a "blessing" seems counterintuitive.

But *if* his absence from the side leads to the addition of attacking options that help Aston Villa not get relegated, it becomes a "blessing".

Also: 2+2=4.

You're missing the point. The premise of your post isn't true. Wesley's injury doesn't help us add attacking options. It harms his transfer value, and it makes it harder for us to improve the squad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Release him? Why would we do that?

he hasn't settled, has a poor goal/appearance ratio and he just did his knee

Edited by maqroll

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Maybe initially for a couple of weeks, at the end of the day he's a 22m asset so should be getting the  best posible care in the UK.

what if the best possible care isn't in the UK?

im sure rio has a decent hospital with decent doctors

9 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

You're missing the point. The premise of your post isn't true. Wesley's injury doesn't help us add attacking options. It harms his transfer value, and it makes it harder for us to improve the squad.

I said it"might" be a blessing in disguise if it motivates the club to sign multiple attacking players on permanent or loan deals. 

It's not that my premise "isn't true" as you say. it just seems as if you either don't agree or don't understand.

• Like 1

Â