Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Ben Mee is clearly a scumbag who has a history of this. The tackle was horrific and VAR not even looking at it just sums them up. And people who say "he won the ball" know nothing about football. It was excessive force, which is a red card offence. A good defender would have stood him up and showed him down the line and tried to box him into the corner. That is the proper way to defend. Only a thug would lunge in recklessly like he did, with the full intent to "leave one on him". It's the kind of tackle that needs to be completely outlawed as it is career threatening. Poor Wes, I feel so bad for him.

He's the new Ben Thatcher

• Like 1

They should retroactively ban Mee, disgusting tackle, like something out of the 60s.

How that wasnt a risk of Injury to the player i dont know.

9 months blimey, so basically Sept/Oct, not even for for the start of next season.

Poor lad, get well soon wesley.

We need a replacement 1000000% though, cant go with what we have currently now.

• Like 1

On another note, see the cuts that guilbert showed on his Instagram pic?, in all for a fight etc, but not going out to injure which is basically what Burnley did.

Edited by MaVilla

Gutted for him needed time to get to grips with the leauge now he has to start all over again, old school defendig leave a bit on him now you just ruined a young mans career burnley belong in leauge 2

I think on the whole he has been terrible but i'm gutted for him, just as IMO he had his best game for us. 

This is shit but not a total disaster. IMO he needed replacing in January anyway. It makes our squad weaker but in reality if we can't replace the goals and overall play Wesley was offering then we have failed miserably. It really shouldn't be that difficult. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not that I want see players injured but this guy has a track record now. Pity no Ferguson/Shearer types about anymore to throw few elbows

Wouldn’t get away with it in this day and age. VAR would be straight on to any elbow, Easy pickings, even though you won’t cause much damage, whereas a full lunge tackle with all your body weight going off the floor is not punished although career threatening. Guilbert can slide tackle ie slide your body weight along the floor and kick the ball away from opposition, Ben Mees is a thug who jumps in full bodied with intent to cause injury.

• Like 1

Feel for the kid. He was having a great game too. Hopefully he can recover well and and come back stronger. 

In terms of the loss to Villa it’s probably hasn’t made too much different to our transfer activity.  Let’s be honest he was struggling and we badly needed a striker to take the pressure off Wes. I guess we may need two now.  Plus a keeper. 

Some big decisions to be made in January by the club.  How much can they realistically spend after the summer. How many decent loan moves are out there?

12 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

A serial offender that Mee - there should be a way to punish scum like him afterwards.

There is. As he wasn’t carded the FA could retrospectively ban him for using excessive force.

They won’t, but they can if they want to stop him trying to end any more careers.

Video of the incident.

I've watched it back a few times, and actually in real time it looks like a more natural tackle than I first thought. He does jump in slightly two footed, but I think Wesley has tried to meg him, which is why his leg gets caught between Mee's legs at a weird angle. I also can't tell if the scissoring action is deliberate or just a consequence of both player's momentum.

Not as nasty as the Joe Gomez tackle (where the scissoring was very deliberate and unnecessary), and there is a big element of bad luck in the injury, but as soon as you launch into a tackle like that you're taking a risk.

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think Kodjia is poor and said so when I said we should still try him.

Love the idea that a 20 minute cameo, coming on while the team is under pressure, having played only minutes of premier league football previously, now proves everything yet Wes playing every single game still is up for debate. 

Brilliant. 

I actually agree with this. Kodjia is most likely not the answer but it's not like he has been given a proper chance either.

Â