Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, PatrickCousens said:

The surgery has moved on a lot in 20 years. I did my ACL a few years ago and made a full recovery with no major side effects. Of course it might catch up with me later in life but footballers should be ae to make a full recovery.

Are you available on Saturday?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

Can't be much insurance money, can it? Probably just covering his wages.

But you're probably right that we won't hand in a protest. Wouldn't do much good, I guess.

It should be. Insurances are supposed to cover a sizeable chunk of a given asset. Wages in this case would be comperable to maintenance cost. 

1 hour ago, Villastine said:

Such a shame. 

I honestly think he had all the attributes to adapt and thrive in this league. 

5 goals wasn't a terrible return, playing badly and starting to improve. 

Anyway it's moot now, hopefully he recovers 100% and fights to get his game with us in the Premier League next season 

In an ironic twist, it might be good for him to have the time out to come back stronger.

Less pressure of being the scrutinised "22 million dollar undeperforming Brazilian striker".

Someone More experienced, or another top striker comes in, does a good job for us, all the pressure is not on Wes, and we end up with a stronger overall strike force.

He gets time to rehabilitate, analyse his (The English game in further detail), settle into the area, surroundings and team further.

Slowly comes back as a useful squad player, and we take it from there.

Still extremely gutted for him though. Imagine how he must feel? Finally a part of a top performance, probably euphoria and visions of proving your doubters wrong, then this!

At least he still gets a good salary though!

• Like 2

I called it at the time it was a calculated nasty challenge. When you ‘t- bone’ a player you know that the chances of you getting injured are very low whereas the player on the receiving end is likely to get hurt.  If it was a head on 50-50 Wesley would have flattened him. Wesley has incredible pain tolerance it was clear it was bad as he was trying to suck it up . Even if he tackled him with proper technique he would have damaged his ankle as Wesleys foot was planted at time of impact.

Such a shame as I believe he would have turned a corner and got about 8 -10 goals with 5/6 assists from now and the end of the season . 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/a_to_z/posterior-cruciate-ligament-pcl-injuries-a-to-z

“The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) and the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) are two tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect the thighbone (femur) and the large bone of the lower leg (tibia) at the knee joint. Together, the ACL and PCL bridge the inside of the knee joint, forming an "X" pattern that stabilizes the knee against front-to-back and back-to-front forces. In particular, the PCL prevents the lower leg from slipping too far back in relation to the upper leg, especially when the knee is flexed (bent).”......

Article from Harvard on PCL injuries...

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It should be. Insurances are supposed to cover a sizeable chunk of a given asset. Wages in this case would be comperable to maintenance cost. 

Same in football? I mean, £22m is a lot of money and to cover a big part of that, well, insurance companies ain't exactly happy to part with their money. But you might be right. I don't know very much about these things. :)

24 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Same in football? I mean, £22m is a lot of money and to cover a big part of that, well, insurance companies ain't exactly happy to part with their money. But you might be right. I don't know very much about these things. :)

Me neither tbh, but given the financial repurcusions of a relegation I'd be amzed if a footballer to the cost of £22 million didn't carry some decent compo. 

Such a shame.

He could very well be coming back to a team without Jack Grealish and without Dean Smith who both helped him massively.

I sincerely hope he's coming back to a Premier League team.

Speedy recovery Wes not sure it should be in Brazil needs to be back at BMH as soon as feasible.

Lets hope the new striker has some quality and Davis can chip in and help, we still need another option in the squad though.

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Speedy recovery Wes not sure it should be in Brazil needs to be back at BMH as soon as feasible.

Lets hope the new striker has some quality and Davis can chip in and help, we still need another option in the squad though.

I'm sure it'll help him to have his family around him (especially his kids).

Â