Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

8 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I actually agree with this. Kodjia is most likely not the answer but it's not like he has been given a proper chance either.

I think it’s unlikely he will either, Dean Smith didn’t trust him last year and played Tammy, he then went out and paid 22million on a new striker who he continued to play him When he wasn’t performing. I’d say it’s a safe bet Smith doesn’t rate Kodjia very highly or trust him to lead the line

Edited by Hobbit Feet

1 minute ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I think it’s unlikely he will either, Dean Smith didn’t trust him last year and played Tammy, he then went out and paid 22million on a new striker who he continued to play him When he wasn’t performing. I’d say it’s a safe bet Smith doesn’t rate Kodjia very highly 

Probably. Then again between Tammy and Jimmy D the answer was always going to be an easy one.

Gutted for the lad. I tore my knee ligaments over twenty years ago and my knee was never the same and isn’t even now. I still get a dull ache most of the time. I could carry on playing full contact sports, but as the surgeon said it’s never going to be like your original knee.  Hope Wesley returns stronger than ever for us and wish him a speedy recovery.

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Gutted for the lad. I tore my knee ligaments over twenty years ago and my knee was never the same and isn’t even now. I still get a dull ache most of the time. I could carry on playing full contact sports, but as the surgeon said it’s never going to be like your original knee.  Hope Wesley returns stronger than ever for us and wish him a speedy recovery.

Same story. Did my meniscus or however you spell it. The knee is pretty good now after years of squatting, but it's still not like it was. And it starts hurting before the temperature drops outside. And I live in bloody Norway. 🤬

• Like 2

I can’t pretend that I rate the lad or think that he will ever be a good PL striker, however, genuinely gutted for the lad. Going forward though, as pace has never been his main asset, a full recovery should see him return to the player he was before. 

As others have said, probably shifts the focus onto recruiting 2 strikers now as opposed to a ST and a winger, especially with this likely shift to 3-4-3 system. 

20 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I actually agree with this. Kodjia is most likely not the answer but it's not like he has been given a proper chance either.

In the short term he is going to get the FA Cup game and possibly one league game to stake a claim .I just don't think he has the all round game at this level , very much a head down type of player.Your going to get either him running past a few players and scoring or over dribbling and losing the ball ..the latter is what will happen 99% of the time. I also wonder if some of his lack of running trying to win the ball is an effect of having so many ankles injuries , or /and  he knows he is off soon ( contract is up ) and doesn't want to scupper one last big move.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Same story. Did my meniscus or however you spell it. The knee is pretty good now after years of squatting, but it's still not like it was. And it starts hurting before the temperature drops outside. And I live in bloody Norway. 🤬

Yep, mine was a torn meniscus and you are spot on mate regarding temperature changes, aches etc. 

59 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If we get Burnley in the next round of the FA Cup we should re-sign Alan Hutton to “demonstrate” to them exactly how we feel about their disgraceful tactics. 

I hear Conor McGregor is looking for a new club. 😶

• Haha 1

Can't we hand in a protest to FA. A tackle like that can't go unpunished. It's not bad luck. He follows through. He can make that tackle without cutting him in half. And if he can't, then he shouldn't make it at all. I'm all for a hard and clean tackle, but this isn't clean. And what makes me more angry is that if the Gomez incident is anything to go by it's just another "shit happens"-situation.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

The surgery has moved on a lot in 20 years. I did my ACL a few years ago and made a full recovery with no major side effects. Of course it might catch up with me later in life but footballers should be ae to make a full recovery.

Absolute classic villa luck.

Was easily one of his top 2 or 3 performances in the shirt, maybe the penny dropped in this team meeting Jack mentioned after the Watford game because I didn’t notice him dive once yesterday.

So ironic that in the game he stops diving he gets his effing leg messed up.

Somewhere in a parallel universe he goes on to score 10 more before the end of the season.......whilst here in reality I’ll be we never see the best of him again.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Can't we hand in a protest to FA. A tackle like that can't go unpunished. It's not bad luck. He follows through. He can make that tackle without cutting him in half. And if he can't, then he shouldn't make it at all. I'm all for a hard and clean tackle, but this isn't clean. And what makes me more angry is that if the Gomez incident is anything to go by it's just another "shit happens"-situation.

Can’t see it happening, but I would imagine he will be watched closely by the FA from now on, not that will help us much. Do you think The club get insurance money right something like that when stuff like this happens.

Â