Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Don’t score goals - only 7 teams have scored more than us, take out top 5 (who always will) scoring is not our main problem! No wonder you can’t get your head around posts, you don’t seem to get your head around stats! 

Possession and Creativity is our issue, but that’s not for this thread.

Like I have said (and others have also) he is not and was never brought to be our main 9 and top scorer - so you judging him by not being is well pretty much pointless.  Judging by your posts I highly doubt you watch the full games and just see no goals scored (or Wes not on scoresheet) and use that as the basis of your posts.  Yes he is not the finished article but he is no way our biggest problem.

What on earth are you talking about? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Don’t score goals - only 7 teams have scored more than us, take out top 5 (who always will) scoring is not our main problem! No wonder you can’t get your head around posts, you don’t seem to get your head around stats! 

Possession and Creativity is our issue, but that’s not for this thread.

Like I have said (and others have also) he is not and was never brought to be our main 9 and top scorer - so you judging him by not being is well pretty much pointless.  Judging by your posts I highly doubt you watch the full games and just see no goals scored (or Wes not on scoresheet) and use that as the basis of your posts.  Yes he is not the finished article but he is no way our biggest problem.

Lets see what our goals tally is like at the end of the season.  Because only a fool would keep banging on about that when its quite clear that goals have dried up over the last couple of months. 

We've relyed heavily on midfield players chipping in, but anyone with an ounce of sense knows that this isn't going to consistently happen throughout the season. And now that this has slowed down we look awful going forward. 

Haha he wasn't brought in to be top scorer? How do you know that then? Judging a striker on goals is pointless? Haha brilliant. 

His performances are woeful and not having a good striker is a massive detriment to the team. 

As i said previously, all the teams round us have one. Look at the impact of Benteke when we terrible under Lambert. 

Wesley does not get involved, is not a threat, can't create chances for himself and can't score on a regular basis. He has been a disaster and is a major reason we are going down

Just now, Bunnski said:

I don't particularly dislike Wesley, he always trys his best

No, he doesn't.

He's a lazy waste of space. Compare him casually jogging towards the ball to how Watford's front 3 harassed and attacked our defenders when they had the ball.

The "Wesley works hard" meme can get ****, the bloke's a **** waster. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

No, he doesn't.

He's a lazy waste of space. Compare him casually jogging towards the ball to how Watford's front 3 harassed and attacked our defenders when they had the ball.

The "Wesley works hard" meme can get ****, the bloke's a **** waster. 

He isn't lazy. Just dogshit.

Stop putting the useless lump in the 1st team.

He is the total opposite of what a forward should be doing. 

The spine of the team should be the strongest. It isnt.

The tip of the spine has the most spineless player !

Then the middle, fellow dire Brazilian louiz who is nearly as bad but runs around (slowly and mostly into oponents) 

Just seriously take them both out of the 1st 11.

Then hope they eventually in a year or 2 come good.

It's not the first time he has missed or at least had saved a sitter at point blank range.  I just don't really fancy him to score in any circumstances, even if we got a penalty when he is on the pitch judging from his effort against Norwich.  I do think he has potential for improvement in lots of areas over time but picking him every game isnt doing him or us any good.  Kodjia surely would have scored more goals for us in the same number of minutes played.

• Like 2

Fair do's he did come close today with his first and only attempt on or off goal in 5 games.

But he's now averaging a goal every 430 minutes and hasn't scored in the league since October 5th against Norwich.

Since then he has played roughly 1080 minutes (not counting stoppage time) without scoring in the league. 

I'm begrudgingly impressed by that feat.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

But he's now averaging a goal every 430 minutes and hasn't scored in the league since October 5th against Norwich.

I think it's worth highlighting that the Norwich side he faced didn't have a single fit centre back.

He's the shittest striker we've had since Bowery, 

• Like 1

Can we just release him and sue him for gross negligence?

Horrible horrible footballer. Dives, complains, weak as shit, zero finishing ability. He’s got literally nothing at all. He’s a bigger, weaker, less talented Hogan. 

• Like 2

Â