Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was pretty much straight at him, it was poor. It was a very good run mind, but one very good run in several matches is not an acceptable level of performance. He's just shite, **** shite.

It was down and to the side of him, it wasn't an easy save. 

The real issue here is that was the only decent **** cross put into him. So many wasted nothing crosses to nobody today. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

It was down and to the side of him, it wasn't an easy save. 

The real issue here is that was the only decent **** cross put into him. So many wasted nothing crosses to nobody today. 

The real issue is that Wesley makes a good run for the first time in several matches, lacks pace, lacks killer instinct, is seldom making good runs, is slow witted when he receives the ball around the 18 yard box, the real issue is that he's an appalling player. The service isn't good yes, but Wesley is garbage.

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

No, world class save. No way can we expect our striker to score goals. 

No - it was easy. 

I'm a goalie and I'm thinking "all strikers are taught to head the ball back from where it came" blah blah blah. It was easy. Wesley actually headed it towards the least exposed part of the goal. He is NOT a centre forward right now. He can be but not this season and he will cost us our place in the league. 

Just now, Villarocker said:

No - it was easy. 

I'm a goalie and I'm thinking "all strikers are taught to head the ball back from where it came" blah blah blah. It was easy. Wesley actually headed it towards the least exposed part of the goal. He is NOT a centre forward right now. He can be but not this season and he will cost us our place in the league. 

I 100% agree

I find it amazing people keep defending him. 

• Like 1

Thought I would come on here to see it was all Wesleys fault - never disappointed, wouldn’t surprise me if a few on here don’t even watch the game just post on auto pilot.

For the header - Held ball up well, played it out wide, got in box and got head on ball, put it back against the way the keeper came from - Big ticks for everything you all wanted from him.  Great reactions from foster, yes he could have directed it better or got a bit more power on - but **** me deeney scuffed his first!!

Was again not the real problem today, not by a long shot

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The real issue is that Wesley makes a good run for the first time in several matches, lacks pace, lacks killer instinct, is seldom making good runs, is slow witted when he receives the ball around the 18 yard box, the real issue is that he's an appalling player. The service isn't good yes, but Wesley is garbage.

That there sir has hit the nail on the head. And its true for the majority of the squad.

2 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Thought I would come on here to see it was all Wesleys fault - never disappointed, wouldn’t surprise me if a few on here don’t even watch the game just post on auto pilot.

For the header - Held ball up well, played it out wide, got in box and got head on ball, put it back against the way the keeper came from - Big ticks for everything you all wanted from him.  Great reactions from foster, yes he could have directed it better or got a bit more power on - but **** me deeney scuffed his first!!

Was again not the real problem today, not by a long shot

Honestly can't get my head around these posts. 

We don't score goals. We have a striker that doesn't score. How do you think that isn't a real problem for us?

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Guys.

it was a poor header, AND a brilliant save. 

The service to him was atrocious, but at this level you’re only going to get one or two chances per game. You HAVE to take them. 

Service to him isn't helped by his movement and touch. He is a poor player. 

He is no better than Keinan Davis. In fact I'd say Davis is better on the ball and holds it up better.

Thought it was a weird signing for the price especially as he wasn't exactly prolific in Belgium but have given him plenty of time before criticising to prove himself but he just isn't good enough to be our main man.

• Like 1

Putting him on the bench isn’t discarding him forever.

Its giving a hopefully hungry Kodjia a chance to shine. It’s giving Wes a chance to make an impact from the bench. It sends a message to everyone that you’ll be dropped if you’re not good enough.

Persevering with him sends out all the wrong messages.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Thought I would come on here to see it was all Wesleys fault - never disappointed......

.....Was again not the real problem today, not by a long shot

You’re on the Wesley thread mate, so perhaps you shouldn’t be surprised that people here are commenting on Wesley’s performance. 

We have problems in a number of areas and many of the first team squad are very limited footballers. 

All that said, for me Wesley is far and away the biggest problem we have - his only contribution is collecting and distributing the ball around the centre circle, Doesn’t shoot, doesn’t win headers, doesn’t make runs, doesn’t anticipate anything and falls over a lot

Even our limited midfield would look better if they had a centre forward that ever looked like showing for the ball

He's a terrible CF 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Putting him on the bench isn’t discarding him forever.

Its giving a hopefully hungry Kodjia a chance to shine. It’s giving Wes a chance to make an impact from the bench. It sends a message to everyone that you’ll be dropped if you’re not good enough.

Persevering with him sends out all the wrong messages.

Yep

Should have happened after the liverpool game. 

Just now, VillaCas said:

You’re on the Wesley thread mate, so perhaps you shouldn’t be surprised that people here are commenting on Wesley’s performance. 

We have problems in a number of areas and many of the first team squad are very limited footballers. 

All that said, for me Wesley is far and away the biggest problem we have - his only contribution is collecting and distributing the ball around the centre circle, Doesn’t shoot, doesn’t win headers, doesn’t make runs, doesn’t anticipate anything and falls over a lot

Even our limited midfield would look better if they had a centre forward that ever looked like showing for the ball

He's a terrible CF 

He is 100% our biggest problem. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Honestly can't get my head around these posts. 

We don't score goals. We have a striker that doesn't score. How do you think that isn't a real problem for us?

Don’t score goals - only 7 teams have scored more than us, take out top 5 (who always will) scoring is not our main problem! No wonder you can’t get your head around posts, you don’t seem to get your head around stats! 

Possession and Creativity is our issue, but that’s not for this thread.

Like I have said (and others have also) he is not and was never brought to be our main 9 and top scorer - so you judging him by not being is well pretty much pointless.  Judging by your posts I highly doubt you watch the full games and just see no goals scored (or Wes not on scoresheet) and use that as the basis of your posts.  Yes he is not the finished article but he is no way our biggest problem.

Â