Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would actually argue that the criticism after today highlights how too much is actually expected of him.  He battled and created space for midfielders all game in my opinion. I think he has been poor in a lot of games but today he was fine.

I do think he should have scored though. 

Nail on the head

when hes shit call him on it but tonight he was fine apart from the miss, just because he’s not scoring goals and having shot after shot doesn’t mean he’s not impacting the game, he did, he had a big impact on the game due to his positioning, movement and making himself available, dropping deep picking the ball up

i don’t care who has the shots and scores the goal as long as everyone does their bit and he did his tonight 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not a number 9.

If anything he is playing like a number 10. Dropping deep to feed it to our wingers.

Yeah he's kinda playing like he's part of a front 2 and is expecting his partner to take up the central position that he leaves empty when he drops deep or wide.

Wasn't his worst game by far but he needs to try and win the ball rather than the free kick.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you criticise him tonight then I don't think you understand what he's doing for us, dominated their line giving others acres to play in 

Shame he didn't score to round off a good game 

I am does understand what he did to us, did great job tonight

but how many we cross in box and pass into box and Wesley no-where ((as he was too deep or too far side)) when most of the striker will strive this chance to finisher or make half-chance in right position to do it.... this was my criticism about him all so far season.

El Ghazi Running in the box was correct, and Wesley was running same path as him when he should do back off let El Ghazi and move better position to other side rather following him to box he would goal when El Ghazi missed chance when he should poacher this chance, he is poor on this.. he should running other side and ready tap, Wesley like play to near post but not enough speed to dart to finish off that why he was easy to defend as lack of the boost acceleration ... he is need awareness which he is lack inside the box. 

His attack to ball for header is terrible and poor at it, he rather let over his head and let other player when Striker would love this chance to header to goal.. that why i keep criticism him.

Different story when Wesley was outside of box his awareness and hold ball is great but Davis was better this job, yet his pass and killer pass, and vision is better than Davis in outside box, and position is good to bring other player that what i like about him but he should be do same job yet with dart and running toward box in HIGH SPEED he will very valuable and good striker yet he often do this Hold ball and jog or walk to outside and watch, hope his build up is help and running to box when he suppose or need and too late..

What happen His Everton performance? he is brilliant running behind man, and quick move to finisher, good feet control. I didnt see this way since Everton? WHY? and WHAT make him stop do this way? might he didn't mean to do this way that revert to his way? would love ask Sherlock about this ! 

that why I HATE him to do these he playing since opening games, but i can see that he got good talent and big future, even we need desperate to bring better striker than him, we should go maupay over Moraes unlucky.

I think our DOF is pick wesley over Maupay and Smith prefer Maupay but price long term wesley was favour I think might i am wrong about this.

Change his way and will win us and prove us wrong about him, that i will happy to see his name line up.... he is got 1 half to 2 months to proof to us or replacement will on way take off his name off in first 11.

3 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I thought he did pretty well. He worked hard. Linked the play well. The goal would have done him good but sadly not to be. I think he gets way too much stick on here. For a young guy he is doing well.

He’s much better than Joelinton who is also Brazilian and similar age to Wes. I agree he gets way too much stick on here for a young striker new to the country.

the stick he receives reminds me very much of how people was with Savo back in 1995. And Savo ended up having a good career.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

He’s much better than Joelinton who is also Brazilian and similar age to Wes. I agree he gets way too much stick on here for a young striker new to the country.

the stick he receives reminds me very much of how people was with Savo back in 1995. And Savo ended up having a good career.

Good point about Savo. It was the same for big Crouchy 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Yeah but Joelinton is crap. Comparing a player to crap doesn't exactly make them look that much better.

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

5th highest scorer in 99-00 La Liga with 21 goals after leaving us

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

Good point about Savo. It was the same for big Crouchy 

I rated Crouch at Portsmouth and was mega excited when we signed him. Also rated Savo when he first arrived and I watched him in pre season!! But they Both get stick off people who really haven’t got a clue about anything football related and normally high or drunk!!! and can’t see the talent and  potential which others like myself can.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

And cost twice as much as Wesley.

I thought the big guy had a good game tonight.  He was playing against 3 central defenders and managed to get across the back line to pull them out of shape.  He won headers, for a change, and generally put himself about.  In a game like that - where the away team have a line of 5 across the back sitting deep, there isn't much else a striker can do.

£20m doesn't buy you much of a centre forward these days, but the lad looks ok.  He needs to improve, for sure.  But covering ground like he did tonight will help.

I'd like to see us sign a more experienced player for him to learn from.  I half-joked about bringing in Zlatan, but someone of that ilk - Mandzukic would be incredible too - would be ideal.  I'm talking about world class players here, but just someone who can do for him in training what John Terry did for Mings and Grealish.

Well said Rob

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I have give him a bit of stick but he worked his nuts off tonight carry out a thankless task at times. That's what I want to see from him though. 

Agree.  I would have put my house on him to bury that 2nd half chance.  He will get the next one.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

And cost twice as much as Wesley.

I thought the big guy had a good game tonight.  He was playing against 3 central defenders and managed to get across the back line to pull them out of shape.  He won headers, for a change, and generally put himself about.  In a game like that - where the away team have a line of 5 across the back sitting deep, there isn't much else a striker can do.

£20m doesn't buy you much of a centre forward these days, but the lad looks ok.  He needs to improve, for sure.  But covering ground like he did tonight will help.

I'd like to see us sign a more experienced player for him to learn from.  I half-joked about bringing in Zlatan, but someone of that ilk - Mandzukic would be incredible too - would be ideal.  I'm talking about world class players here, but just someone who can do for him in training what John Terry did for Mings and Grealish.

Apparently he is joining Man U in January.

Couldn't fault his effort - but thought he was poor tonight.  - Either that or we are a poor attacking side - something is wrong in the final 3rd - we overplay and persistently make the wrong call with the final ball.

None of the above helps Wesley of course - but is he a problem because of our poor decisions in the final 3rd ? Or does he not take up enough decent position s and miss chances ?

• Like 1

Â