Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 24/11/2023 at 17:10, NoelVilla said:

So Rotherham would be mid-table in Ligue 1? No, I don't think so.

They easily dispatched hugely ambitious SHA recently, that can’t be dismissed lightly, surely??

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think he'll just go back to Brazil now.

Hopefully he has secured enough money to have a good life for his kids and his family. The top earner in brasil was suarez and he was on 75k per week

Most are on nothing like that and that's the top players.

I still think after a year of his attempt at recovery an insurance payout should have been done for both him and the club.

Waste of a player due to a Thug of a player

It's not how his career should have gone, but he will be sorted for life just from the contract with us if he's sensible.

I was surprised we were reportedly only paying him 35k a week though, that's an absolute pittance for a player we expected to be a starting striker in the premier League

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was surprised we were reportedly only paying him 35k a week though, that's an absolute pittance for a player we expected to be a starting striker in the Premier league 

He probably more than doubled his wages from Belgium in joining us so 35k a week would have seemed huge.

In reality it was a total gamble from us, and given the dubious nature of our signings from Belgium, all seemingly coming through one agent, could be seen as something more suspicious. Not that I am hinting at anything for legal reasons. 

Whatever happened to Jesus pitrach?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Hopefully he has secured enough money to have a good life for his kids and his family. The top earner in brasil was suarez and he was on 75k per week

Most are on nothing like that and that's the top players.

I still think after a year of his attempt at recovery an insurance payout should have been done for both him and the club.

Waste of a player due to a Thug of a player

I’m sure he made more money in his short career than most ordinary people do in their lifetime.

35k per week and he was 4 seasons with us (or on loan) + what he made before at Brugge + this year at stoke = decent earnings. Not big PL player earnings but still enough to have a more than decent life if he wants 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AXD said:

I’m sure he made more money in his short career than most ordinary people do in their lifetime.

35k per week and he was 4 seasons with us (or on loan) + what he made before at Brugge + this year at stoke = decent earnings. Not big PL player earnings but still enough to have a more than decent life if he wants 

That's over 7 million quid. Even after tax that's pretty tidy.

• 2 weeks later...

Scored more goals fjay ii

On 08/05/2024 at 17:45, Straggler said:

That's over 7 million quid. Even after tax that's pretty tidy.

Only if he planned to retire at 27. Unfortunately most footballers don't plan to retire at all yet alone 8 years early.

Let's hope he did but my instinct says footballers don't think of tomorrow and live a lifestyle to project an image.

• 2 weeks later...

Very sad reading about his struggles post injury … A career of what could’ve been and Ben Mee is the reason the prick 

"It was very difficult for me because I was selected for the national team in November and then on January 1st I was injured," Wesley told human too. "I scored against Burnley as well.

"The defender went in, I’ve got a scar on my leg. He went in and I got hurt. But I didn’t think it would be serious. The next day, the doctor said I needed an operation. I did the tests, everything had to be operated on.

"Mentally I was very shaken. My wife was with me. I was really shaken up. I went into drinking depression. I drank practically every day. I cried every day, practically for 20 days."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-22m-signing-bravely-29247301

Edited by thabucks
  • Sad 4

Drinking every day after an injury sustained like that is a staggering admission.

Like I know depression can do a number on you but I'd be amazed if that wasn't a huge contributing factor why he's never got back to a level.

1 minute ago, HongKongVillan said:

wouldnt surprise me if Ben Mee smirking at reading this

His manager at the time laughed it off as well. Claimed Wesley told him these things happen in football but not sure he even spoke English at the time

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

The club should be learning from that.

He's an adult and he's responsible for his own actions, but he was also a young employee in an unfamiliar country going through a hard time, plus, selfishly, a multi million pound asset.

Just from that snippet, it seems we could have been much more proactive in helping him work through it

I don't think it would happen under our current regime. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't think it would happen under our current regime. 

I'd be amazed if it happened under the old regime. I know they're young men with loads of money but alcoholism in football has been rife for years, and, in most instances, I would imagine lead to a other substances too. I'm not suggesting the club should be taking blood samples every week, but I would have thought that kind of thing was monitored through most levels of the professional game. I might be wrong, but staggering if true.

I hate Ben Mee. I don’t even think it was the first time he scissor challenged someone either, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has done it since.

I would have loved to have seen what Emery could do with a striker like Wesley in the squad.

5 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I hate Ben Mee. I don’t even think it was the first time he scissor challenged someone either, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he has done it since.

I would have loved to have seen what Emery could do with a striker like Wesley in the squad.

Broke something of Joe Gomez's too and I'm pretty sure that was another won the ball not even a foul horror tackle 

Â