Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I still think Davis is the better player.

He's not imo 

Davis is the better "big man" can use his size and strength better, Wes' size is deceiving, it can lazily lead to the expectation that he's a big strong guy good in the air with great hold up play, commentary last season for him was littered with it, calling him things like a beast etc from what I saw of him I don't think that's his game 

With that in mind I think there's a bit of lukaku about him, very easy to play him wrong 

Davis and him are different players and Wes is better 

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's not imo 

Davis is the better "big man" can use his size and strength better, Wes' size is deceiving, it can lazily lead to the expectation that he's a big strong guy good in the air with great hold up play, commentary last season for him was littered with it, calling him things like a beast etc from what I saw of him I don't think that's his game 

With that in mind I think there's a bit of lukaku about him, very easy to play him wrong 

Davis and him are different players and Wes is better 

Davis is better in the air. Stronger, tougher. Better in hold up. Quicker feet. More direct. Better 1 vs 1.

The only two areas I'd say Wesley does better is passing and finishing. Finishing I think Davis just lacks a bit of confidence to get into the flow so to speak. Passing won't change much, but since Wesley is more a CAM than striker that's fair enough.

I'd stop responding to villalad if I were you.

Genuinely can't wait to see Wesley in this side. Not only does he provide cover for Watkins but I can see Barkley's role suiting Wesley's playing style really well too.

46 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I'd stop responding to villalad if I were you.

Genuinely can't wait to see Wesley in this side. Not only does he provide cover for Watkins but I can see Barkley's role suiting Wesley's playing style really well too.

Barkley almost plays as a 2nd striker on attack. In the final third which would capitalise on wesley.dropping deeper. I'd also like to see watkins and Wesley played at the same time with watkins playing outwide. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Barkley almost plays as a 2nd striker on attack. In the final third which would capitalise on wesley.dropping deeper. I'd also like to see watkins and Wesley played at the same time with watkins playing outwide. 

Absolutely. Lots of combinations to play around with.

On 25/11/2020 at 11:03, sparrow1988 said:

The club posted this on twitter yesterday. Not much to see but good to see him working with additional resistance. Another step on the road to recovery.

He looks fairly fit at least. Lots of players drop their fitness when injured like that. He seems to have kept fitness.

On 25/11/2020 at 10:03, sparrow1988 said:

The club posted this on twitter yesterday. Not much to see but good to see him working with additional resistance. Another step on the road to recovery.

Lovely to see them providing a tangible update. More of this sort of thing. 

Excited to see if he can come back after such a long layoff and push on from the glimpses of talent we saw before his injury

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Being reported he will be back in March. So well over a season out.

Surprised he's still that far away looking at that video. 

Probably best not to rush back after an injury like that though.  

On 21/11/2020 at 11:49, MotoMkali said:

That is unfair. He was consistently fouled and it just wasn't given. I think there are 2 reasons for it. 1) His size meant refs expected him to stay up even when his legs were hacked. 2) Jack was winning fouls for fun and they were bitter about having to give him the free kicks so they took it out on the rest of the team and gave fewer free kicks to them.

Wesley struggled last season to find the right balance of strength. Either he absolutely **** dominated a defender and the ref gave a free kick to the player wesley made look like a toddler or he went down because he was fouled and the ref just let it pass. I remember in the first spurs game, he received a long ball to his feet and he was slightly in the air and Vertonghen just swept through both his legs and the ref didn't give anything. 

Really isn't unfair, he dropped far to easy at times expecting a foul to be given early on, it was so frustrating watching him on his arse protesting whilst play continued. He did get better over time though maybe that was part of the transition from the Belguim league. 

I'm intrigued to see how he comes back from injury have a feeling he will get moved on fairly soon, just doesn't fit the mold of a DS player.

50 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Really isn't unfair, he dropped far to easy at times expecting a foul to be given early on, it was so frustrating watching him on his arse protesting whilst play continued. He did get better over time though maybe that was part of the transition from the Belguim league. 

I'm intrigued to see how he comes back from injury have a feeling he will get moved on fairly soon, just doesn't fit the mold of a DS player.

If that was the case wouldn't we have accepted the bid from Lazio this summer? Or was that just papertalk rubbish?

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got a feeling he will play a big part this season. He is coming back to a better more settled team without the pressure of being number 1 striker.  Looking forward to seeing him return. 

Same here, reckon he will become a first team pick.  On Davies, he's the best target man we have , the ball sticks to him. It's his finishing that's lacking and the reason why Ollie and Wesley will be ahead of him. He needs to find the hunger to score or a selfishness to shoot at all costs .

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I got a feeling he will play a big part this season. He is coming back to a better more settled team without the pressure of being number 1 striker.  Looking forward to seeing him return. 

Think it's more likely Pongo Waring plays a big part.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surprised he's still that far away looking at that video. 

Probably best not to rush back after an injury like that though.  

Dunno, it looked like baby steps to me - my immediate reaction was there's a long way back. But it's good to see he has got this far and is looking determined.

Â