Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we are better waiting.  I think Leeds are goungvti have ffp problems very soon and we can get him for cheaper than that.

They are nowhere near FFP problems mate. Where are you getting this from? 

They do have to sell to buy though. 

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They are nowhere near FFP problems mate. Where are you getting this from? 

They do have to sell to buy though. 

😂 so they do have ffp if they have to sell to buy you just proved my point!

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok I didn’t quite word my post right.

You said you think they will be having FFP problems very soon so will sell on the cheap. 

I’m telling you they won’t be.

They have players they are prepared to sell to reinvest in the club. They have other players they do not need to sell. 

That doesn’t sound like a club in trouble to me.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok I didn’t quite word my post right.

You said you think they will be having FFP problems very soon so will sell on the cheap. 

I’m telling you they won’t be.

They have players they are prepared to sell to reinvest in the club. They have other players they do not need to sell. 

That doesn’t sound like a club in trouble to me.

In fairness I think most clubs are in that sort of position, but as you say that certainly doesn't mean they have FFP problems.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

They're close to selling Jack Clarke to Spurs for around £14m plus add ons, which will help them with the cost of running the club, and allow them to bring in some loans, whether Bielsa thinks that will be enough to see them challenge again next season we'll see, but probably does make it even less likely that they will be forced to sell Phillips.

Is Phillips really worth half as much again compared to Clarke? I know they don't play the same position, but Clarke has a much higher ceiling (hence why Spurs want him). I guess Phillips is more valuable to the first team right now. Anyway, it seems expensive to me. 

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is Phillips really worth half as much again compared to Clarke? I know they don't play the same position, but Clarke has a much higher ceiling (hence why Spurs want him). I guess Phillips is more valuable to the first team right now. Anyway, it seems expensive to me. 

Value has to be relative to needs. We have players who can do what Jack Clarke does. Kalvin Philips has a set of skills that we desperately need. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not necessarily. The owners could just not be putting in any extra money for transfers so Bielsa has to balance the transfer budget this summer. FFP would mean that they are near the balance sheet limits imposed by the EFL.

• Thanks 1

On 17/06/2019 at 10:30, jacketspuds said:

As much as I want us to sign Phillips I'm sure we could get an excellent player from abroad for £15m-£20m. For example, Ruben Neves cost Wolves £15m and he is outstanding.

*cough* cheats *cough*

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

On 18/06/2019 at 09:45, HanoiVillan said:

I don't see the appeal of Clarke personally but based on that figure I'd value Phillips much higher

We wanted big money for Grealish. They want big money for one of their own who’s a very good player. It’s a lot of money, and I’m not even sure he really wants to leave Leeds. If we got him fair enough, but I can’t see us paying that, and I’d be ok with that too. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We wanted big money for Grealish. They want big money for one of their own who’s a very good player. It’s a lot of money, and I’m not even sure he really wants to leave Leeds. If we got him fair enough, but I can’t see us paying that, and I’d be ok with that too. 

Agreed.

On 19/06/2019 at 08:54, flashingqwerty said:

I will never forget the sound bite from Gregory, “A couple of weeks ago Dwight openly state to me that he wanted to play for Manchester United and not Aston Villa. That really hurt me, and if I had had a gun I would have shot him.”

Classic Gregory!

Off topic but isn’t it nuts to think that like 20 odd years later, if someone said that they’d be rounded upon because people are so messed up that they could take it literally! 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Off topic but isn’t it nuts to think that like 20 odd years later, if someone said that they’d be rounded upon because people are so messed up that they could take it literally! 

I think it was quite widely reported and frowned upon even back then tbf but yes there would be a field day now the mental health police and the whole lgbtq brigade on board too 

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Confused 4

Clarke to spurs for £8.5mill rising to £13mill shows how far the press are with their valuations as weren’t they saying £20mill previously... I reckon £14mill plus incentives could get agreed but I’m not sure he would come. You never know though. 

Â