Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The "shitty" Sheffield United team we apparently should have beaten are 1-0 over Spurs and set to go over them and Arsenal

Losing that Tottenham game was big I think.

The worst gut punch in a season of not getting what we probably could have in plenty of games.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Losing that Tottenham game was big I think.

The worst gut punch in a season of not getting what we probably could have in plenty of games.

That and Arsenal away. We should have won at least one of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Full strength team from liverpool tonight, any hope they will rest the starting eleven Sunday? 🤗

Maybe City will be pissed and take a few players out

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The "shitty" Sheffield United team we apparently should have beaten are 1-0 over Spurs and set to go over them and Arsenal

I've not seen ONE fan describe or insinuate that Sheffield united are a "shitty" team.

We watch games and talk about the balance of them individually, not a teams "reputation".

I'm guessing you are insinuating that they are so good we have no right beating them, which seems to now be the reasoning for every game we lose.

Even when the games are there for the taking, EVEN against teams "better/worse" than Sheffield on paper.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've not seen ONE fan describe or insinuate that Sheffield united are a "shitty" team.

We watch games and talk about the balance of them individually, not a teams "reputation".

I'm guessing you are insinuating that they are so good we have no right beating them, which seems to now be the reasoning for every game we lose.

Even when the games are there for the taking, EVEN against teams "better" the Sheffield on paper.

People were saying last few days that we bottled it and threw it away against shitty Sheffield United

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think the fixture schedule has been scandalous. We played 4 games in 10 days, Spurs are playing tonight and they havent played in 9 days

The other teams with 4 games Arsenal played in 14 days. We have really been **** over with the fixtures

The fixtures weren’t great, but we could’ve used the squad more. You see other teams, playing the odd youth player as they should have more energy. I think we’ve used 16 players. Jota could’ve got more minutes, as could Nakamba, Vassilev etc

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

People were saying last few days that we bottled it and threw it away against shitty Sheffield United

We did, they were woeful when we played them and we should have taken advantage.

City two up against Liverpool. I hope it’s because Liverpool dgaf now and are quite happy to lose their remaining games. Or at least the next one before realising they should probably start winning again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its almost like how a team plays in a single match isn't actually a very good indicator of the quality of team itself.

Liverpool fans probably calling for Klopps head right now

• Haha 2

Liverpool looking like they will lose their first games as champions, they have struggled to score over their past four away games as well. They will be desperate to prove their might this season with a victory as soon as possible, and what better place to do it than at Anfield. I’d not want to be a part of whoever their next opponents at home are! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Liverpool looking like they will lose their first games as champions, they have struggled to score over their past four away games as well. They will be desperate to prove their might this season with a victory as soon as possible, and what better place to do it than at Anfield. I’d not want to be a part of whoever their next opponents at home are! 

It wasn't so long ago that if Villa lost for a few in a row we genuinely would say "someones in for a hiding" and it would often turn out to be true.

Not any more of course. Now we are the ones who have to worry about a big team re asserting themselves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

or they have just switched off for the league now they have won it............could be a spanking in store for us but also could be an opportunity if Liverpool arent bothered so much.

I understand why everybody is taking the negative from everything these days from W Spam winning to Liverpool losing which apparently means they will want to spank us.  Who knows what will happen, we know we are a poor team but anything can happen in this environment and especially with teams that have nothing to play for.  Let's just hope they have given up and we can take an easier win or draw.  Just everybody is so negative that anything that happens will be extremely bad for us.  I get why but maybe for once it wont be.....I know I'm talking to the non-believers but..........

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

It wasn't so long ago that if Villa lost for a few in a row we genuinely would say "someones in for a hiding" and it would often turn out to be true.

Not any more of course. Now we are the ones who have to worry about a big team re asserting themselves.

Really? It's so long ago I don't even remember when this was the case :lol: 

• Haha 1