Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Attack with what?

I ask again. Where is the creativity coming from? Who will come up with the goals? Who will create chances?

This is why I say El ghazi needs to play every game. He creates chances. 3rd most of any of our players behind grealish and hourihane. He also gets chances if not finishing them.

Play 4-2-2-2

With Luiz, and mcginn holding and grealish and hourihane as cams, and el ghazi and Davis upfront. I think if el ghazi doesn't have to track back he would be really good on the counter. 

4 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

So, it doesn't count then? Using scoring lucky goals as a stick to beat Smith with. Wow.

Doesn't matter how it goes in as long as it hits the back of the net. 

Did i say it didnt count or just putting words in my mouth? 😁

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The little comment at the end about it being a fluke? Why’s it a fluke? Because we scored it?

No not at all. Because it came off mings and was a last minute goal

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No different than Son winner being a fluke as 99 times out of 100 Engels controls it

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Mings deflection was minimal, it was going in anyway. We attacked them all second half and we got our reward last kick of the game. Really can’t see how that’s a fluke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It grazed Mings. It was headed for the back of the net anyway. We thoroughly deserved that goal. Nothing lucky about it.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It grazed Mings. It was headed for the back of the net anyway. We thoroughly deserved that goal. Nothing lucky about it.

Nah we’re shit and it was a pure fluke. Whenever we lose we are shit. Whenever our relegation rivals lose its cuz the opponent were much better. Whenever we have got points this season it’s been lucky. 

You’re been here long enough mate to know all this. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea vs Watford tomorrow. I think we know how that will end

I actually think Chelsea should be OK as long as they haven't been too battered in training.

They were so tired against Ham.

This season Chelsea have lost to West Ham twice, Newcastle, and Bournemouth, and also both Everton and Southampton before they turned their form around, they've also and drawn with Brighton and with Bournemouth in their other game against them. So I'm not taking it for granted that they're going to beat Watford tomorrow.

• Like 1

We are 3 points short of what I was thinking that we might get up to now. If we get nothing from the next two games, the deficit will be up to 4. Teams around us, have also under performed, but a gap looks increasingly likely to develop now, if we do, as anticipated get nothing from our next two games, we would then need the bulk of the points from our last 4 games. That would be a very big ask, we really need to pick up unexpected points and the sooner we do, the better. It's looking bleak, but there is still a smidgen of hope.🤞

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t realise Lampard was playing. 

I think  Lampard is doing a pretty good job & looks to have the makings of a pretty good manager. Never a bottle job in my world.

• Like 2