Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

47 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's fiction. People have just started saying it.

They sat back for most of the game against a Chelsea playing terribly. Against us Chelsea were excellent. That can happen, Chelsea aren't inconsistent.

People are now inventing things to have a go at Smith. The end is nigh because we are going to get pumped at the weekend. I think we could get something v Utd actually. A draw not enough sadly at this stage.

Even if rudiger can you honestly say we would  been able to close that game out like west ham have? When was the last time we went behind and won?

Watford wasnt it and a lucky deflected goal.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even if rudiger can you honestly say we would  been able to close that game out like west ham have? When was the last time we went behind and won?

If Chelsea played like that against us we'd have won yes.

Think West Ham would have won if they brought Trezeguet on instead of Yarmalenko? Our players aren't good enough.

Edited by Tomaszk

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So, it doesn't count then? Using scoring lucky goals as a stick to beat Smith with. Wow.

Doesn't matter how it goes in as long as it hits the back of the net. 

Even against Palace and West Ham the best we can hope for is a draw. Where are the goals coming from? And those are pretty organized sides.

Everton? Not a chance. Dean will get schooled by Ancelotti.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, apart from our week to prepare for the un-winnable Liverpool match... 🤔 the games we have a chance of winning, just packed in with 48 hrs in between then play the champions and have a weeks prep time. 

I said before, but the fact we played 4 games, when everyone around us played 2 is absolute madness. The point at which all the league is as unfit as they're going to be for the rest of the season, and we have more games than anyone else. Throw in the fact our squad is horrifically shallow (not much we could ever have done about that this season), and it does look like conspiracy theory time.

Did the FA provide a reason for it or just ignore it like it wasn't a problem and was bizarrely outside their control?

I know we have not been good enough all season,  but it will have a material impact on how many points we gain and hence will directly contribute to us if we get relegated.  Professional sport is all about marginal gains, that was a significant loss.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Even against Palace and West Ham the best we can hope for is a draw. Where are the goals coming from? And those are pretty organized sides.

Everton? Not a chance. Dean will get schooled by Ancelotti.

We do need to go out and attack for the full 90 instead of the last 15 like we did against Newcastle and Chelsea. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We do need to go out and attack for the full 90 instead of the last 15 like we did against Newcastle and Chelsea. 

Attack with what?

I ask again. Where is the creativity coming from? Who will come up with the goals? Who will create chances?

Edited by villalad21

People seem to think that because West Ham won a game they are safe and we are down. Ok it’s a very good result for them, but with 6 games to go even clubs near the bottom are going to win the odd game. 

We’re not very good that’s a fact, but anything can happen particularly at this stage of the season. All the teams around us are equally poor, that’s why they’re around us. In theory at least 4 out of 6 games are against teams with little to play for. Even West Ham may have nothing to play for when we play them, although that could be the final shoot out. 

Obviously we’re in trouble but we’ve got a chance and we need to do it ourselves. Any sort of points out of the next two games are a bonus. It’s squeaky bum time at the wrong end of the table! 

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Attack with what?

I ask again. Where is the creativity coming from? Who will come up with the goals? Who will create chances?

And yet its all smiths fault. 

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And yet its all smiths fault. 

Yes it's his job to get the best out of his players.

We've seen in patches that they can perform when they turn up. Newcastle (H) Watford (H) Leicester in the cup. Norwich (A)

He isn't able to get the best out of his players on a consistent basis and that's partly his fault as a head coach.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Why do you have throw that bit in? Man some of you lost must really struggle as Villa fans 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes it's his job to get the best out of his players.

We've seen in patches that they can perform when they turn up. Newcastle (H) Watford (H) Leicester in the cup. Norwich (A)

He isn't able to get the best out of his players on a consistent basis and that's partly his fault as an head coach.

Or, it's a squad thrown together in 1 window and it's showing its inconsistency. Which was always going to happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Or, it's a squad thrown together in 1 window and it's showing its inconsistency. Which was always going to happen.

Inconsistency is one thing but getting outfought most weeks is inexcusable.

Whenever we go a goal down the players lose their heads. It's a mentality thing and it comes from the coaching team. It is said that a team mirror it's manager. Dean seem like a soft man and his players look the same. He has said he isn't a results man.

I've had my suspicions for a long time that something is wrong behind the scenes.

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Inconsistency is one thing but getting outfought most weeks is inexcusable.

Whenever we go a goal down the players lose their heads. It's a mentality thing and it comes from the coaching team. It is said that a team mirror it's manager. Dean seem like a soft man and his players look the same. He has said he isn't a results man.

I've had my suspicions for a long time that something is wrong behind the scenes.

Changing the argument again

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

People seem to think that because West Ham won a game they are safe and we are down. Ok it’s a very good result for them, but with 6 games to go even clubs near the bottom are going to win the odd game. 

We’re not very good that’s a fact, but anything can happen particularly at this stage of the season. All the teams around us are equally poor, that’s why they’re around us. In theory at least 4 out of 6 games are against teams with little to play for. Even West Ham may have nothing to play for when we play them, although that could be the final shoot out. 

Obviously we’re in trouble but we’ve got a chance and we need to do it ourselves. Any sort of points out of the next two games are a bonus. It’s squeaky bum time at the wrong end of the table! 

Agree with the post and it's right.

My overall fear is that even on some of these teams worst days we may still struggle to still get anything based on how we have looked overall since the return.

I don't agree with the congested fixture list cop out as an excuse from the manager.

Every club goes through the exact same amount of games in quick succession during the festive period and I also don't think it would be as much of a problem if we were sitting pretty 5 points off the R zone or even mentioned as much compared to how it is currently.

We were crying out to get the season finished and all for it as long as we didn't have to play at neutral venues. "We are keen to resume as soon as it's safe to do so".

All I see is DS looking a different character in his interviews now. They don't make for pretty viewing and it's cringing to hear some of the stuff as to why we have been relatively poor.

Imo, it's a sure sign of a man up against it who has ran out of ideas and looks to be running out of time. It's rotten luck all round.

It's sad and I would love it if we perform a miracle and somehow pull it off, but I am slowly residing and accepting that it's not going to happen.

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Changing the argument again

No i'm not changing it. Just adding another reason to why we are where we are.

You want to see progression from the first game of the season. But we genuinely look a worse drilled team now than the opening game against Spurs.