Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Why do I get the feeling that we are going to get the payback from liverpool getting smashed!

The feeling I have in my stones exactly.

Payback for getting smashed and also how we smashed them in the cup and ruined their little flurry of trophies they were chasing.

I genuinely don't know if I want to watch come Sunday, It could get very ugly!

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Liverpool actually didn't play badly against Citeh.

They almost had the same amount of shots. Citeh were very clinical on the day, it happens.

Did you watch the game? Their usual water tight defence was absolutely all over the shop. Robertson looked worse than Aly cissokho. It really could've been 6/7. Neville said it was like Liverpool had been on the lash all week. Apart from the first 20 minutes when Liverpool started brightly and had the majority of those shots you talk about.

Plus, when this happens to villa, you complain and say we aren't clinical enough and that Smith should be sacked. Should Klopp be sacked?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yes it's his job to get the best out of his players.

We've seen in patches that they can perform when they turn up. Newcastle (H) Watford (H) Leicester in the cup. Norwich (A)

He isn't able to get the best out of his players on a consistent basis and that's partly his fault as a head coach.

but you've just said, there is no one to create or score. Yet Smith is meant to turn davis into a goal scorer or turn trezeguet into a creative winger?

There is only so much any manager can do with players. Every player has a ceiling and unfortunately for ours, we seem to be seeing it on a regular basis. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

but you've just said, there is no one to create or score. Yet Smith is meant to turn davis into a goal scorer or turn trezeguet into a creative winger?

There is only so much any manager can do with players. Every player has a ceiling and unfortunately for ours, we seem to be seeing it on a regular basis. 

We've seen they can do it. He isn't getting the best out of his players.

Even Jack look out of ideas right now.

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We've seen they can do it. He isn't getting the best out of his players.

Even Jack look out of ideas right now.

You keep saying this but its just a cop out. 

Marcus Stewart scored shit loads of goals one year. It didn't mean every manager he had after that couldn't get the best out of him. 

Players always have ups and downs. Take out the real highs and the real lows and the inbetween is the normal standard. We're seeing close to that with lots of players. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Agree with the post and it's right.

My overall fear is that even on some of these teams worst days we may still struggle to still get anything based on how we have looked overall since the return.

I don't agree with the congested fixture list cop out as an excuse from the manager.

Every club goes through the exact same amount of games in quick succession during the festive period and I also don't think it would be as much of a problem if we were sitting pretty 5 points off the R zone or even mentioned as much compared to how it is currently.

We were crying out to get the season finished and all for it as long as we didn't have to play at neutral venues. "We are keen to resume as soon as it's safe to do so".

All I see is DS looking a different character in his interviews now. They don't make for pretty viewing and it's cringing to hear some of the stuff as to why we have been relatively poor.

Imo, it's a sure sign of a man up against it who has ran out of ideas and looks to be running out of time. It's rotten luck all round.

It's sad and I would love it if we perform a miracle and somehow pull it off, but I am slowly residing and accepting that it's not going to happen.

I don’t disagree with the above and my confidence levels aren’t at all high. We just have to hope that we click in a game ASAP and get a win. That could really kick is on and perhaps Dean might look a bit less haggard than he has recently. I say this more in hope than expectation. We all need to dig our lucky boxers out and not change them until this is all over!

59 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Plus, when this happens to villa, you complain and say we aren't clinical enough and that Smith should be sacked. Should Klopp be sacked?

Yes he should, about 20 minutes before kick off on Sunday!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Liverpool actually didn't play badly against Citeh.

They almost had the same amount of shots. Citeh were very clinical on the day, it happens.

If we played like that vs Liverpool and lost 4-0 I am sure would be a different reaction 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Even if rudiger can you honestly say we would  been able to close that game out like west ham have? When was the last time we went behind and won?

Watford wasnt it and a lucky deflected goal.

Didn't West Ham go 2-1 up and struggled to hold the lead. 

Maybe if they scored the winner in the 50th minute and not the 93rd you could say they held out 

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Did you watch the game? Their usual water tight defence was absolutely all over the shop. Robertson looked worse than Aly cissokho. It really could've been 6/7. Neville said it was like Liverpool had been on the lash all week. Apart from the first 20 minutes when Liverpool started brightly and had the majority of those shots you talk about.

Let's hope they're still suffering come Sunday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Let's hope they're still suffering come Sunday.

Honestly. They would still beat us hungover or not. That isnt just defeatist, we are horrible abysmal side right now. That U17 team we mulled I wouldn't fancy us to beat at this minute.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Honestly. They would still beat us hungover or not. That isnt just defeatist, we are horrible abysmal side right now. That U17 team we mulled I wouldn't fancy us to beat at this minute.

Of course, and I don't disagree with you, I am in the same mindset.

It was soft humour but I can see how my post could be taken when reading it back.

That said, We have just got to try and keep battling away the very best we can while we can with what we have.

It's been reminded to me that this time of the season can start throwing up very bizarre results - hopefully we can spring one or two of these during our remaining games.

• Like 1