Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

21 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Agree with most of what you say and your positivity 👍 

It was a 50/50 kinda night and I would've chosen Bournemouth to win over West Ham given their "run-ins", but we can't IMO dress the West Ham result as being good, it's just hammered (excuse the pun) home our plight.

The part I would love to agree with is that Brighton are still involved in this but unfortunately I just can't see it. Of their 6 games to play, if we write off Liverpool and Man City (Which for one we shouldn't do, but for arguments sake we will) they then have four games against Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle and Burnley with a 6 point lead over us (& Bournemouth) but a 14+ better GD which ultimately is an extra point. If we were to get 10 points (for instance 3 wins against Palace, Everton and West Ham and a draw against Arsenal) - A tough ask in itself, Brighton would only need to pick up 4 points from their 4 "easier" matches. I think that (unfortunately) this whole scenario is too unlikely to happen. That's precisely why they are 25/1. I do think West Ham will finish above them though. It goes back to what I have said before though and that is Norwich are going to play a big part in our survival hopes, if they were to somehow manage to get some wins in their next three it would do us the world of good, starting with Brighton on Saturday afternoon.

I'd agree, that catching Brighton seems a long shot. I just wouldn't rule them out at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Enda said:

Madness that we’re 1/4 and West Ham are 11/2. Does anyone really think we’re twenty times more likely to go down than them? Difference between £3 and £60. If we beat them it’s even on points. Mad odds.

1/4 for us to go down. Snap their hands off. Those are very generous odds 

14 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If Watford dont beat Norwich & Newcastle I really think they are down. On current form I just cant see them winning any of them games.

Its up to us now to pull out a win from the hat

yeah I think they will win those 2 games and lose the rest

Assuming we can overcome the 4 goal difference  , it means  we need 2 wins and a draw to finish above them  , which is still a big ask

key could be when they rearrange the Arsenal game for, and we hope they are more focussed on a trip to Wembley

Brighton beat Norwich on Sat then that's another team safe and it becomes a 2 teams from 3 race i think

Just now, tonyh29 said:

yeah I think they will win those 2 games and lose the rest

Assuming we can overcome the 4 goal difference  , it means  we need 2 wins and a draw to finish above them  , which is still a big ask

key could be when they rearrange the Arsenal game for, and we hope they are more focussed on a trip to Wembley

Brighton beat Norwich on Sat then that's another team safe and it becomes a 2 teams from 3 race i think

Why do you think Watford will beat Newcastle? Watford are awful and Newcastle are on their purple patch

Just now, PaulC said:

I don’t think the players believe that and that’s the problem 

Good thing is that neither do Bmouth or Watford players, a draw here or there and we may scramble safe

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Good thing is that neither do Bmouth or Watford players, a draw here or there and we may scramble safe

Watford is playing Norwich on Tuesday

That's a free win

Edited by villalad21

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Watford play Norwich on Tuesday so unless we get a shock result at anfield I think the gap will be up to 4 points 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Watford play Norwich on Tuesday so unless we get a shock result at anfield I think the gap will be up to 4 points 

Norwich pretty much have to get 3 points there or they are down.

I mean they are anyway but 3 points is a must there for them

Edited by sne

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Norwich pretty much have to get 3 points there or they are down.

I mean they are anyway but 3 points is a must there for them

That’s positive thinking. If I had more belief in our players  then I would be the same. Think Watford have more about them when needed than us and a manager that has been in a worse situation than this at Leicester 

Do we really think Watford are that much better then Norwich to assume Norwich are going to lose?!

I think Norwich will see Watford as a chance to pick up another 3 points and will really go for the win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Do Watford and Bournemouth?

Did West ham? Not much going our way and relying on the perceived form of others is never good.  There are forums for other teams with the same question you asked.

Do the Villa ? 

43 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Did West ham? Not much going our way and relying on the perceived form of others is never good.  There are forums for other teams with the same question you asked.

Do the Villa ? 

Just trying to make the point that were all as bad as one another but on here you'd think it was only us who are poor.

• Like 2

I always thought West Ham would click at some point to be quite honest as they have too much quality in their squad compared to other teams down there. Disappointed in Chelsea however last night.

Weirdly it may be our only way out however as if West Ham go on a run and pull well clear prior to meeting us and beating Watford & Norwich in the process it could provide us with a glimmer of a route out....IF we can get some points that is, which is the bit that worries me as we appear devoid of the ability to win a game of football.

Obvious loss incoming on Sunday and against Man U, though if by some miracle we are only a point or two adrift by the time those two losses are out of the way then we have a slim chance.

Ironically our season rests in Norwich's hands now..... GREAT!

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The way West Ham played last night under pressure showed they are a decent team.

We won't win there, no chance, we're done!

They have got good players and many predicted them to challenge for top 6 this season.

Their squad is way too good to go down.

Edited by villalad21

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Not enough fingers on Hourihane and Nakamba, video is a fake.

Their art style choice can be bizarre at times. I still remember when they drew Neymar like he was Frankenstein's monster or something, with patches of differing skin colour looking as if it was sewn on him.

• Haha 1