Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I've run out of reactions but this really made me laugh.

What's going on tonight, people have lost their minds :lol:

Some people are trying to overreact each other to prove how dramatic they can be. Its bizarre and same 4 or 5 posters as normal

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

We applied zero pressure on chelseas defence. Yes we were bad with the ball but smith didnt change it up to improve that aspect of our game

Its not ludicrous at alm thats what happened

We were shit and smith was very shit

Could he put on a midfielder like Jack Wilshere to control the game alongside Declan Rice or Soucek

Do we have such a midfielder? Yes I thought so unless you think Nakamba, Lansbury or Hourihane is a similar class

Even more impressive. You score 3 goals with that little possesion and your criticising tjem because of that why?

you said they played attacking football

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

So many people on here look for all manner of excuses and reasons as to why we’re going down. Negative tactics, ‘bottling it’, playing the wrong formation etc. 

Honestly, you’ll feel a lot better if you just accept our players are largely crap. 

Not disputing that they are crap but tk let smeith get away with it is ludicrous as you say.

And whether you have the ability or not it does not escape the fact thet are mentally weak

Because west ham attacked chelseas weak defence. Smith didnt. Thats difference 

They were like animals against us. Closing down constantly, fizzing passes round. They were absolutely dog tonight. Whatever, it happens, form wavers.

You can't simplify it "Smith didn't attack them". What does that even mean?

We had three less shots and the same amount on target. Both backs to the wall, but they were playing a side with no legs. They had 29% possession, we had 26%.

Would have been nice if we had a Yarmalenko to bring on and score. Or used a Michail Antonio to lead the line properly. Or a Declan Rice to screen the defence.

Just now, Zatman said:

Could he put on a midfielder like Jack Wilshere to control the game alongside Declan Rice or Soucek

Do we have such a midfielder? Yes I thought so unless you think Nakamba, Lansbury or Hourihane is a similar class

Well we do have the saviour danny dripwater who smith thought was a excellent t signing for us 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

When you put it like that it’s actually really depressing. How wrong did we get it?! How the hell are players like Lansbury and Hourihane getting games for us in this division?! 

39 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Them 2 points dropped at home to West Ham when they was down to 10men could be the difference 

Or the goal at Crystal Palace that was disallowed that might play a part as well

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Why? 

Mine would be beat Palace, beat arsenal, draw vs west ham so 7 more points 

If West ham can beat Watford and pull clear and then go play on a beach then that helps us, I'd still take needing a win vs them to stay up last game 

if i were drunk on belief and hope, maybe we could beat Arsenal, but we have the worst record against top half teams in the league, and we have thrown away every single opportunity to pick up points against the top teams.

I cant see why anyone would think we could beat Arsenal, unless we are super fluky/lucky, which is unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Imagine the shit on here if we were going to sign a Jack Wiltshire a couple of years ago

Just now, smg said:

Or the goal at Crystal Palace that was disallowed that might play a part as well

That game, followed by the west ham game, followed by the arsenal game

A mixture of a shit ref, failing to beat 10 men and VAR deciding not to bother reviewing arsenal 

Confidence is gone, the dip starts and we're ****, they all play a part 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

You could pick the whole season apart and claim we’d have stayed up if this or that had happened. 

We also scored a freak goal against Watford in the last minute, gained a point when a ref forgot to charge his Fitbit, scored a last minute winner against Brighton where the keeper decided to sit down... I could go on. 

We’ve been woeful throughout the course of the season and we are where we are because our players are worse than everybody else’s. 

We’ll be back though. One day. 

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They were like animals against us. Closing down constantly, fizzing passes round. They were absolutely dog tonight. Whatever, it happens, form wavers.

You can't simplify it "Smith didn't attack them". What does that even mean?

We had three less shots and the same amount on target. Both backs to the wall, but they were playing a side with no legs. They had 29% possession, we had 26%.

Would have been nice if we had a Yarmalenko to bring on and score. Or used a Michail Antonio to lead the line properly. Or a Declan Rice to screen the defence.

Mate u say that but lets not forget we were absolutely garbage. Giving them tok much soace not closing. We mad eit very easy fir them. West hams shape mad eit hard for chelsea tonight with very littel of the ball.

Yeah i agree they ahve betyer indivdual players. Yarm is just coming back from a serious injury 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

When you put it like that it’s actually really depressing. How wrong did we get it?! How the hell are players like Lansbury and Hourihane getting games for us in this division?! 

We only had 120-40 million to build a new squad. There have been some duds but I'm struggling to think of how we could have done significantly better. You pay 10m per player, unfortunately you get what you pay for.

Just now, Keyblade said:

We only had 120-40 million to build a new squad. There have been some duds but I'm struggling to think of how we could have done significantly better. You pay 10m per player, unfortunately you get what you pay for.

I wholeheartedly disagree. But I’m tired. So I’ll let you have this one.