Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Liverpool looking like they will lose their first games as champions, they have struggled to score over their past four away games as well. They will be desperate to prove their might this season with a victory as soon as possible, and what better place to do it than at Anfield. I’d not want to be a part of whoever their next opponents at home are! 

Or they are on the beach now and don't give a shit anymore. 

• Like 3

I don't know what to think about Liverpool now. 

I had thought they would win the league and then have their victory party against Citeh (which could have been a win or well played loss) but they may well now feel they have a point to prove. 

Or as I've just said they just don't care anymore now they've won. 

On the whole I don't think it's a good result for us. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Salah and Mane look the most up for it I though in terms of pressing and causing problems. Anything to do with the fact they don’t drink you reckon? Saying that Mane missed some sitters.

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On the whole I don't think it's a good result for us. 

I honestly don’t think it will have any bearing on Sunday. They are much better than us and will most likely batter us. But the longer the game goes on without conceding you really think they are going to bust a gut to get the winner or break us down?

We can get a point at least.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

At the end of the day they lost (badly) against Watford when they desperately wanted to win and had the world to play for.  They are therefore not perfect machines.  They now have zero to play for.  

Arguably going for records now looks less likely also. Hopefully they just relax and plan for next season now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I honestly don’t think it will have any bearing on Saturday. 

That is the one thing we can all guarantee 100%

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I’ve got a horrible feeling they could beat us in flip flops. However wasn’t it Liverpool that we beat due to a beach ball they threw on to the pitch deflecting the ball into the net?

The only chance we would remotely have of getting anything at Liverpool would be if we attacked them with free-flowing football and movement around their box as that's how they got beat tonight. We have none of that so expect a red onslaught, Villa going a goal down within 10 minutes, heads dropping after the second followed by a further three or four. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That was Sunderland! You been on the lash as well!?

Haha, when I posted it I suddenly had a thought that it was Sunderland. In mitigation I have enjoyed a reasonably generous glass of 15 year old Glenfiddich. I’ll send a case to the home dressing room at Anfield for the weekend 😎

• Like 1

Odds of 50/1 on a 6-0 to Liverpool looks like free money. Sorry guys but anyone thinking they are taking lightly will be sadly mistaken on Sunday. Klopp will be seething at that tonight and Villa will be on the receiving end. 

22 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Haha, when I posted it I suddenly had a thought that it was Sunderland. In mitigation I have enjoyed a reasonably generous glass of 15 year old Glenfiddich. I’ll send a case to the home dressing room at Anfield for the weekend 😎

It was Darren Bent that scored it though so there is at least some link

58 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

The only chance we would remotely have of getting anything at Liverpool would be if we attacked them with free-flowing football and movement around their box as that's how they got beat tonight. We have none of that so expect a red onslaught, Villa going a goal down within 10 minutes, heads dropping after the second followed by a further three or four. 

Much though it pains me, West Ham beat Chelsea because they attacked them and had a go. 

We basically tried to park the bus for 90 minutes. Had zero attacking intent for 90 minutes, got a goal from nowhere and waited for the equiliser and inevitable defeat. 

The same attitude against Liverpool will end in the same result. Have a good go or lose.  Can't defend for 90 minutes against teams like that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Or they play their youth side