Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Newcastle have Man City in the Cup on Sunday night which will mean they will down tools for Bournemouth next Wednesday.

Still fuming how we sleep walked through that game last night. Any team fighting for their lives should have won against that shower of shit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Shows how desperate we are, that we are talking about Norwich going on massive winning streak to help us.

We can make it up by winning, but the ultimate goal is staying up, I don’t really care how, as long as we stay up. I’m happy to stay up by depending on others keeping as bad, most of recent seasons teams stayed up by others being in a low standards. I’m watching most of our opponents games and cheering for the other team as if it was Villa. Even my friends who see me watching are confused how am I cheering this way (actually some thinks West Ham are Aston Villa the way I’m cheering in the game). I will be cheering for Newcastle, done it with Wolves. Would’ve done it even for sha or Albion it was the same position as it is now. 

Still long way to go, we’re in a better position than before the lockdown. It’s going to be hard, I’m nervous every game. But we’ve felt that in the playoffs the last two seasons. 

I don’t think there is time to change DS, I only think we shall take it match by match and hope for the best. 

This might not be particularly relevant so, admins, please move this if necessary.

Like everyone else, I’ve found most of this season utterly miserable. Especially after Christmas. Also, the world around us is changing on a daily basis, it seems.

i just wanted to say that most of you on this forum have made it far more bearable. Say what you will about Villa fans, but our sense of humour is superb.  

The team is fundamentally missing that twelfth man. 

Not watching it but sounds like Burnley are having most of the play against Watford, sixty-one percent possesion, six shots at goal, three of those on target, versus Watord's one shot at goal. Need Burnley to make it count though.

Edited by useless

I’m watching it. Burnley have allayed my fears and are putting a shift in.

They’ve had 1 disallowed, 1 off the line and 1 off the post.

if you want to feel a little better about ourselves...watch our rivals. Watford look terrible, as do Bournemouth and West Ham. It’s a glimmer. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Not watching it but sounds like Burnley are having most of the play against Watford, sixty-one percent possesion, six shots at goal, three of those on target, versus Watord's one shot at goal. Need Burnley to make it count though.

Strange match, lacking much intensity. You’d think this was a meaningless end of season match between two mid-table teams with nothing to play for. 

Except of course that only applies to Burnley. Watford should be playing for their lives but they’re not.

Burnley clearly on top but lack focus in front of goal.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Strange match, lacking much intensity. You’d think this was a meaningless end of season match between two mid-table teams with nothing to play for. 

Except of course that only applies to Burnley. Watford should be playing for their lives but they’re not.

Burnley clearly on top but lack focus in front of goal.

That's odd, I thought Pearson sides were famed for their hard work, graft and pashun.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's odd, I thought Pearson sides were famed for their hard work, graft and pashun.

A half time team talk seems to have refreshed all those qualities in the Watford side.

Interesting idea that a half-time talk can produce such a change in intensity. Wonder if anyone has ever thought of trying that with our lot?

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Just remembered we tried signing him didnt we in January. We were so desperate to even try; they were never selling to us

Rodriguez would have been a very unpopular signing at Villa Park. I doubt we bothered