Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

They definitely have. A good chunk more in fact. Which isn’t to say we shouldn’t compete or to make excuses but let’s not think we have an expensive squad by PL standards. 

Brighton can afford loaning a 15million striker to the MLS

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Brighton can afford loaning a 15million striker to the MLS

We loaned ours to the Aussie league and another one to our local rivals :D :(

And sold the 3rd one for peanuts to a oil league.

Edited by sne

8 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I see very little to suggest that if we stay up we will be better able to cope next season, so these are worrying times.

We wouldn't have to use all the same players. I believe there is a transfer window!

23 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We wouldn't have to use all the same players. I believe there is a transfer window!

Well I guess we will lose one or two key players in the transfer window so our squad issues may become a little harder.

I was thinking more of the whole coaching set up however. The question of drive, focus and resilience of our teams is majorly down to them.

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We ain't too good with those, are we?

It depends if we have to buy an entire team or not, but we've all talked about that before and don't need to do it again. Anyway, the January transfer window in the Championship went pretty well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Well I guess we will lose one or two key players in the transfer window so our squad issues may become a little harder.

I was thinking more of the whole coaching set up however. The question of drive, focus and resilience of our teams is majorly down to them.

I think we'd lose Jack but signing say 4 good players would make a big difference to us. 

I think the lack of quality has a knock on effect on everything else. 

I wonder would Premier League release the viewing figures. Standard is shit and cant see people watching other games unless a fan or it effects your team. Also seems buzz on social media is a lot less than was for Bundesliga starting 

Burnley worry me.

They're the team that seem least interested in project restart - seven subs, two of which were goalkeepers, a half hearted performance, manager and chairman at odds, fans being utterly moronic - they're a busted club.

They play Watford, West Ham, Brighton and Norwich.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Burnley worry me.

They're the team that seem least interested in project restart - seven subs, two of which were goalkeepers, a half hearted performance, manager and chairman at odds, fans being utterly moronic - they're a busted club.

that is just absolutely typical isn’t it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Burnley worry me.

4 players who are left out for not extending contracts as well.

Jeff Hendrick, Phil Bardsley and Aaron Lennon.

And Joe Hart, but that might be a positive for us

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Burnley worry me.

I agree they have zero to play for and a small squad  at the least I can see Brighton and Watford taking points off them.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think we'd lose Jack but signing say 4 good players would make a big difference to us. 

I think the lack of quality has a knock on effect on everything else. 

Sounds so easy when you put it like that. Makes you wonder why we couldn’t have tried that last summer.

52 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Sounds so easy when you put it like that. Makes you wonder why we couldn’t have tried that last summer.

Well we needed to sign multiple players last summer. This summer we won't need to add as many. 

I don't think it will be easy but our needs in the summer will be different and I think that's how we can improve. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think last summer people don't talk enough about the deficiencies in the squad we came up with - numbers-wise we had half a squad, we needed a dozen players and when you need a dozen it's hard to invest in the quality you might like. We still have a fairly small squad and if we stay up, I think we'll need maybe half that number - if we stay up, I think we're in for a very interesting summer.

Not sure how people are not getting this part. Hutton, Whelan, Jedinak, Elphick, Adomah, Chester regularly involved we would probably be still looking for our 1st win

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Our next three are tough so if we fail to win today i think we will soon be miles adrift 

At least we will know then whatever happens happens after that.

From the last 2 games I don´t think we have it in us to win against anyone currently,  we don't see to be able to hold the ball at all in the oppositions half.

We are miles off what is required to achieve a `Great Escape´,  I just can´t see it at the moment.

I would love to be proved totally wrong though.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Burnley worry me.

And yet they could qualify for Europe if they win these games. They need to get their act together!

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

And yet they could qualify for Europe if they win these games. They need to get their act together!

The Burnley fans wouldn't like that, sure that's where the foreigners are from 😜

• Haha 3