Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Potter has set his team on in his identity and as the seasons progressed they improved as they get used to it. We have no style Of play and have got worse month on month. 

This is something I've banged on about myself and as much as I feel for Smith in some respects it's definitely an area in which he warrants criticism. A lot of the time the margins are so fine at this end of the table that sides that have a discernible identity are often the ones that come out of it safe. The likes of Southampton, Newcastle etc have had their difficult moments but ultimately they've seen it out because they have always had a manner of playing that the squad is familiar with and can fall back on, I watch us (applies to West Ham also) and we look so haphazard in comparison. I couldn't tell you what type of team we are outside of hoping Grealish can work something and that's a major issue 30 games into the season.

• Like 2

Our only chance of surviving is if a couple of teams go on disastrous runs so a low total is required to stay up and we can sneak a couple of wins and some draws here and there. Not looking good on that score so far, Brighton beating Arsenal and drawing with Leicester, Watford getting a draw against Leicester, and now West Ham getting a point against Spurs, our rivals doing well.

36 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Every team has spent money on getting promotion, it's not unusual. We also spent a lot more money on our players in the Championship than Brighton, 17/18 and 18/19 were quieter and mainly loans, but in 16/17 we spent £60 odd million (mainly on dross).

When you look at what we signed in 16/17  it makes me want to weep

Cormack 13 million

Kodja  12 million

Hogan 9.5 million

Chester 8 million 

Tsibola 5.3 million

gollini 4.5 million

Bree 3 million

Elphick 3million

R delat 3 million

Its quite depressing

8 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Cormack 13 million

Kodja  12 million

Hogan 9.5 million

Chester 8 million 

Tsibola 5.3 million

gollini 4.5 million

Bree 3 million

Elphick 3million

R delat 3 million

Its quite depressing

That’s one of our highest overall spending in a season apart from this one actually! It was also our lowest season since god knows how long!

• Like 1

There's a chance but it will be difficult, I'm hoping the players are aware of the reaction that there's been since the Chelsea game and want to prove people wrong and put in a really strong performance.

11 minutes ago, Only2McInallys said:

Cormack 13 million

Kodja  12 million

Hogan 9.5 million

Chester 8 million 

Tsibola 5.3 million

gollini 4.5 million

Bree 3 million

Elphick 3million

R delat 3 million

Its quite depressing

Some terrible business done there. The only player from that lot who is now worth more than we paid is Gollini - and we flogged him back to Italy after 6 months!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How are you all enjoying the "Festival of Football" ?

As a league title to win,  tainted with all things that are bad with football.  Hope it was all worth it.

I ain’t I think it’s bloody awful 

• Like 1

West Ham and Brighton are according to Villa fans offer more of an attacking threat than us. Between them have 2 shots in target today and no goals.

We have had 10 shots on target in our last 2 games against teams that were in the top 6

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

West Ham and Brighton are according to Villa fans offer more of an attacking threat than us. Between them have 2 shots in target today and no goals.

We have had 10 shots on target in our last 2 games against teams that were in the top 6

The Chelsea game was the most one sided match I have seen all season. It was humiliating 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It’s easy to forget that every team around is us as shit as us.  It will come down to who’s the least shittest over the next 8 games and right now it’s back in our hands.  Coming on VT after match day makes me feel like relegations already been confirmed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I completely agree.  Reading these boards, it’s as if the teams around us like West Ham are great teams.  West Ham are all bark no bite and are awful.