Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

On 15/06/2020 at 22:13, Follyfoot said:

It is all getting rather exciting again. Cannot wait for it, my lads singing all day with a rendition of Allez Allez split between three bedrooms this morning with my eldest yippee I aing in the shower at the top of his voice about an hour ago. God knows what it will be like on Wednesday morning. COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS !!

A week later and a totally different mindset, its the hope that kills you 

• Like 3

Just now, Follyfoot said:

A week later and a totally different mindset, its the hope that kills you 

For me it's the football I've been watching for the last week from many of the teams......this football is boring.  It's not like normal at all.  Maybe once a bit of fitness comes back it'll get better but it's not exactly great to watch at the moment.  I thought it would be bad and obviously the integrity of football is out of the window with this compared to pre lockdown but jeez it's like chalk and cheese.  I'm still all in on watching the Villa but I think my viewing of other games might dwindle a little.....

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For me it's the football I've been watching for the last week from many of the teams......this football is boring.  It's not like normal at all.  Maybe once a bit of fitness comes back it'll get better but it's not exactly great to watch at the moment.  I thought it would be bad and obviously the integrity of football is out of the window with this compared to pre lockdown but jeez it's like chalk and cheese.  I'm still all in on watching the Villa but I think my viewing of other games might dwindle a little.....

The Spurs game I thought was ok 

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

has been crap as predicted. Should have ended and hand Liverpool league and go again

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I agree with the last couple of posts and I haven't missed it a bit.

The pace of the game is awful, like a training game and I've tried to watch most of them so far. Manure v Spuds had the most intensity.

I have missed it but agree that the pace of the game is slow. Leicester have looked awful so far !!

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

The Spurs game I thought was ok 

I was struggling during that game, I started not watching the tv fully and playing on my ipad second half and glancing up at the tv about half of the time......that is so not like me.  I only normally do that watching normal tv but not football

19 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I have missed it but agree that the pace of the game is slow. Leicester have looked awful so far !!

Yeah I agree, would've fancied us more if than before lockdown when they smashed us 4-0.  If only they had been our first game back, we may have got something.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I was struggling during that game, I started not watching the tv fully and playing on my ipad second half and glancing up at the tv about half of the time......that is so not like me.  I only normally do that watching normal tv but not football

Yes you have to multitask with these games 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We have to find a way of fitting Jota in on the pitch I think.

Hes the only midfielder who wants to get on the ball and play football (aside from Jack).

Has had less opportunities than el ghazi and trez. I dont know why its taken so long to give him a run out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We have to find a way of fitting Jota in on the pitch I think.

Hes the only midfielder who wants to get on the ball and play football (aside from Jack).

The Ancelotti A.C Milan Christmas tree formation? 4-3-2-1. Him and Grealish behind the striker.

Or 4-3-1-2 with him as the link up player at ACM and Grealish as playmaker in CM?

Both leaves us week on the flanks, but then again we are weak on the flanks anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

The Ancelotti A.C Milan Christmas tree formation? 4-3-2-1. Him and Grealish behind the striker.

Or 4-3-1-2 with him as the link up player at ACM and Grealish as playmaker in CM?

Both leaves us week on the flanks, but then again we are weak on the flanks anyway.

We’re weak all over the pitch.

All I hope for is something different, no doubt we’ll get the same starting XI in the same formation.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We’re weak all over the pitch.

All I hope for is something different, no doubt we’ll get the same starting XI in the same formation.

From the look of it it's Grealish in the middle today with El Ghazi and Trez on the flanks.

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has had less opportunities than el ghazi and trez. I dont know why its taken so long to give him a run out.

He was carrying an injury since he got here then he went for surgery to fix it