Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep beating a decent Palace team with complete ease.

Surprised at people thinking we have a hope of getting anything at Anfield. We'll probably pack the team on 18 yard box and still concede 4.

The only chance we have is if they have won the league by then and play a very weakened team. 

And Milner scores a deliberate own goal. 

Edited by sidcow

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

4 - 0 now. How the hell did they contrive to lose to Watford? 

They hadnt been playing well around that time, lost 2 cups and struggled vs relegation teams like West Ham and Bournemouth

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

They hadnt been playing well around that time, lost 2 cups and struggled vs relegation teams like West Ham and Bournemouth

tbf looking back it's probably fair to say they struggled vs ourselves too since we were unlucky not to beat them if I remember correctly. Just too mediocre to capitalise like today and vs Sheff U :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yep beating a decent Palace team with complete ease.

Surprised at people thinking we have a hope of getting anything at Anfield. We'll probably pack the team on 18 yard box and still concede 14.

Fixed for you mate, it will be as many as they want it to be. Complete schlacking of the highest order.

Yesterday result wasn't the best, but coming back from a losing position could give us some confidence. A huge game coming next Saturday. I think we'll 5 defender to stop Adama. A draw with our opponents losing would be huge. It's important to grind results and not fall apart. If we didn't lose 4-0 from Leicester we'd almost be out of relegation places. If we kept a draw against Spurs would've been the same.

A lot will depend in what our rivals do in the next 3 games. As we'll have a very hard run. If we managed a surprising win then things would look different. Otherwise we'll have to wish that our opponents have some bad results.

Hopefully tonight Burnley can stop Watford from winning. I know it's hard one, but if that happened there will be another tricky two games for them against Norwich and Newcastle.

We'll have to depend on Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich and Southampton for couple of games.

I'd take a draw between Burnley and Watford. A Burnley win would be fantastic. Especially that's it's going to get harder for them after Southampton. If we can somehow come out after our next three with an ok GD (such as -2) and not more than 2-3 points adrift I think we might have a good chance.

Hopefully we get something out of Wolves.

Norwich plays Brighton, West Ham, Watford and Burnley. I think it will be great if they can get a results against Arsenal. They'd fancy their chances in these games. If they win them (which is unlikely anyway) they'll be on 33, I don't think that we would stay up only on that amount. But it will help in getting the points needed much lesser. So I don't think them winning will be a big threat, It's important that the other three keep losing points.

14 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Norwich plays Brighton, West Ham, Watford and Burnley. I think it will be great if they can get a results against Arsenal. They'd fancy their chances in these games. If they win them (which is unlikely anyway) they'll be on 33, I don't think that we would stay up only on that amount. But it will help in getting the points needed much lesser. So I don't think them winning will be a big threat, It's important that the other three keep losing points.

Shows how desperate we are, that we are talking about Norwich going on massive winning streak to help us.

7 hours ago, supermon said:

Wolves up next.. Adama Traore will rip us a new one. He always speaks of his shit time at Villa too... Added incentive

Targett was so bad against him in the reverse fixture, it’s a massive gamble but I think I’d genuinely have Taylor mark him. Anyway I did a prediction table thing I had is staying up by 2 points. That was with us and West Ham 1-1 last game and Watford losing to Arsenal away 1-0 to send them down. 

So rumor is that England are going to ban Sweden and Portugal among others when they open up for more air travel so that people from these countries will still have to spend a 14 day quarantine when entering.

I have no plans on going but what does this mean for the English clubs who are jetting down to Lisbon to play in the final mini tournament of the Champions League?

Lisbon by the way are having a bit of a spike atm moment. Lots of new infected.

Edited by sne

5 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Targett was so bad against him in the reverse fixture, it’s a massive gamble but I think I’d genuinely have Taylor mark him. Anyway I did a prediction table thing I had is staying up by 2 points. That was with us and West Ham 1-1 last game and Watford losing to Arsenal away 1-0 to send them down. 

Didn't he fake an injury to get himself taken off and end his misery  ?

Taylor does have a bit more bottle about him and might kick him a few times  , but we might be better playing both of them down that left hand side ...  one to man mark him and the one to stand 15 yards off to pick up the pieces when  Traore  kicks it down the line and rushes after it

Nakamba is probably the only midfielder we have that might get stuck in on him , nice crunching but fair tackle like the one he made in the Cup final v Aguero