Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 hours ago, jim said:

Yep, it’s been incredible how lucky we have been with other results for the last 8 games.

Not really.  All the other teams down there are every bit as shit as we are.  I don't see anyone who is unlucky to be down the bottom. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Having a player like ings makes all the difference. Benteke was the same for us. 

We badly needed a goal scorer. 

If we had a goalscorer I have no doubt we would have got 6 points from Sheffield and Newcastle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If we had a goalscorer I have no doubt we would have got 6 points from Sheffield and Newcastle. 

I said before the season started that Danny Inga would have been the perfect signing if he could stay fit. Unfortunately he wouldn't have had an amazing resale value and so was never even on our radar..........

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I said before the season started that Danny Inga would have been the perfect signing if he could stay fit. Unfortunately he wouldn't have had an amazing resale value and so was never even on our radar..........

Why wouldn't he? He's only 27. Mad how many seem to have got brainwashed by recent club policy that signing anyone over 25 on long term deals is seemingly a no go area for us now.

I never really saw him as an option anyway as he was on loan at Southampton last season, generally did well and they had an option to buy which they took up. 18m so pretty much what we were paying for Darren Bent a decade ago, bargain in these times.

He's from down there aswell so a good move for him all round.

• Like 1

Well signing young with resale potential has worked a treat. Great plan by the club in principle, but if you cant execute it then whats the point. Everyone we baught has lost value if anything. Shocking really considering it was the day after the playoffs when Smith and Purslow did that media interview in the VP tunnel outlining our strategy. Id like to see us go down that crazy route known as “sign good footballers with a bloody bit of fight in their make-up”.

20 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I'd have gone for Danny Ings myself...

22 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I keep shaking my head in disbelief that we started the year with wesley, kodjia and davis and thought that would be enough.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not really.  All the other teams down there are every bit as shit as we are.  I don't see anyone who is unlucky to be down the bottom. 

yep. 

I keep reading about luck that other teams aren't getting points. 

Its nothing to do with it. Its the same every year 5/6 poor teams who continue to struggle getting points. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I keep shaking my head in disbelief that we started the year with wesley, kodjia and davis and thought that would be enough.

That’s not as bad as starting with El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Jota as wingers. 

Christ, we got this wrong. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You are so right. Just before the start of the season it looked like we were going to sign Benrahma. Quite a few of the journalists were saying it was done. Goodness knows what happened but it was costly not getting it over the line. It is even more mind numbing that we didn’t rectify it in January. Criminal

2-0. Ings finishes the game.

Watford really don't want to be out there considering all their comments from player and manager in lockdown. Criminal we probably won't take advantage.

Of their six left they've got Man. City at home and Chelsea and Arsenal away so hopefully more games they won't get anything from and their GD gets considerably worse.

Last hope for us is Norwich show as much spirit as they did v Man. United and take points off West Ham and Watford as make no mistake both will be expecting to beat Norwich.

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

You are so right. Just before the start of the season it looked like we were going to sign Benrahma. Quite a few of the journalists were saying it was done. Goodness knows what happened but it was costly not getting it over the line. It is even more mind numbing that we didn’t rectify it in January. Criminal

Benrahma was injured for most of the summer

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yep. 

**** up all over the place. Really blew the chance to cement ourselves this year. 

Still in the fight though.