Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

9 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I heard that Liverpool are training in an empty Anfield to get used to it (if that’s a thing), are we training at an empty VP or has anyone mentioned that we will do before starting? 

They are just watching videos of games we played there from 2012-2017.

• Haha 1

On 05/06/2020 at 17:52, OxfordVillan said:

ElGhazi has 4 goals and 4 assists in the Premier League this season,  2 of those assists coming in a 5-1 away win at Norwich, and one of the goals being the late consolation in a 6-1 home defeat against Man City. Context is important. So when you take the Norwich game out of the equation ElGhazi has two assists all season. That’s clearly nowhere near good enough for the position and role he has played. I thought he’d be much better than he has proven to be thus far. Also worth noting that the consolation goal against ManCity in mid January is his only goal or assist in the league since the ManUtd game on December 1st. Maybe he’s a fair weather player? If so then we might see much improved stats during these forthcoming summer games? 

Remember el ghazi got injured against united it is plausible he hasn't been 100% until last few games. He got an assist in the final against City as well due to a stones error. 

For me the only interesting thing about the practice game against WB was how we set up, what formation we used and what we tried to do using that formation.

• Like 2

Guilbert or Elmo as RB? I feel like Guilbert, for all the gusto he has bombing forward has no real end product, and has been targeted a lot by the opposition. I'm leaning more towards Elmo as he may be a better option to whip balls into the box, dare I say it may be more effective defensively? 

I may be wrong, just wondered what others think

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, supermon said:

Guilbert or Elmo as RB? I feel like Guilbert, for all the gusto he has bombing forward has no real end product, and has been targeted a lot by the opposition. I'm leaning more towards Elmo as he may be a better option to whip balls into the box, dare I say it may be more effective defensively? 

Elmo in front of Guilbert might work, offers more protection. Elmo is not good enough defensively to play right back in Premier League but has a good cross

51 minutes ago, supermon said:

Whichever one wasn't defending here: https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/06/08/kamil-grosicki-shares-footage-of-first-goal-for-west-brom-in-2-2-v-aston-villa/

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Elmo in front of Guilbert might work, offers more protection. Elmo is not good enough defensively to play right back in Premier League but has a good cross

Because that worked out so well against Leicester?

lec.jpg

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Yup which is the reason why I posed the question, our right back position is very weak. I think both Elmo and Guilbert are way out of their depth for prem league football, need upgrading regardless of which league we are in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Yup which is the reason why I posed the question, our right back position is very weak. I think both Elmo and Guilbert are way out of their depth for prem league football, need upgrading regardless of which league we are in.

Konsa has played right back in the past.  It maybe worth sacrificing the attacking ability for making our defence more solid and playing Konsa there.

11 minutes ago, supermon said:

Elmo has played 177 Premier League games. To say he is out of his depth is nonsense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Elmo has played 177 Premier League games. To say he is out of his depth is nonsense.

That's great playing 177 premier league games but he's 32 now, is he up to the standard of playing against current premier league opposition in 2020? I wouldnt say that he is, so does that make "out of his depth" nonsense?  Premier league experience doesn't mean he is upto the job today does it?

Edited by supermon
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Gary Neville has played about 400 games, would be nonsense to say he be out of his depth now? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

That's great playing 177 premier league games but he's 32 now, is he up to the standard of playing against current premier league opposition in 2020? I would say that he is, so does that make "out of his depth" nonsense?  Premier league experience doesn't mean he is upto the job today does it?

He has barely played this season yet you have come to the conclusion he isn't good enough.

At least Elmo is making things happen. Guilbert is woeful at crossing.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He has barely played this season yet you have come to the conclusion he isn't good enough.

At least Elmo is making things happen. Guilbert is woeful at crossing.

Conceded 10 in his last 2 starts. You will appreciate that fact since you like to throw negative random facts about

AEM playing in midfield always feels a waste of an attacking position to me.

I think it will be as it's been all season, those two swopping every few games. Gulibert had some awful games before the lockdown. I still hold out hope though he'll turn out to be a decent FB in time, was decent at start of season.