Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Guilbert or Elmo as RB? I feel like Guilbert, for all the gusto he has bombing forward has no real end product, and has been targeted a lot by the opposition. I'm leaning more towards Elmo as he may be a better option to whip balls into the box, dare I say it may be more effective defensively? 

I may be wrong, just wondered what others think

Very difficult, neither is either good enough or clearly better than the other, just very different. Elmo is a leader, so I go with him.

42 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Grauniad thinks that we will stay up which I was quite surprised t to read tbh.  I think outsiders might not realise just how poor our defending has been this season!

Our defensive record looks bad because 2 of the top 3 trashed us twice. We conceded 19 vs the top 3 which is a third of our goals

Our defensive side is our weak spot but we aren't taking weekly batterings. Except them 4 games, Watford and maybe Southampton we were in most games 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Our defensive record looks bad because 2 of the top 3 trashed us twice. We conceded 19 vs the top 3 which is a third of our goals

Our defensive side is our weak spot but we aren't taking weekly batterings. Except them 4 games, Watford and maybe Southampton we were in most games 

We haven't had a clean sheet since November versus Newcastle who tried to play for a 0-0.

Provisional dates, could change as soon as Plop wins the title I imagine.

PROVISIONAL FIXTURES:

Saturday, July 4

Liverpool vs Villa 3pm

Wednesday, July 8

Villa vs Manchester United 8pm

Saturday, July 11

Villa vs Crystal Palace 3pm

Wednesday, July 15

Everton vs Villa 8pm

Saturday, July 18

Villa vs Arsenal 3pm

Sunday, July 26

West Ham United vs Villa 3pm

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-release-provisional-fixtures-18379147

36 minutes ago, sne said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-release-provisional-fixtures-18379147

Jeez so I guess next season will be delayed which is hard given the euros next season or are we just playing straight into next season.

29 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Oh yeah forgot about that one. Wasn't the most convincing clean sheet though. Our forward play is about mid table, our defending relegation zone.

So we end up safe on average, that’ll do me 😉

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Grauniad thinks that we will stay up which I was quite surprised t to read tbh.  I think outsiders might not realise just how poor our defending has been this season!

yeah i was surprised to see that too. they made valid points regarding mcginn and jack, but as that southampton away game proved, nullify jack = villa dont win. teams know that's all they need to do.

that worked for us last season as when teams put 2 men on jack, it freed mcginn up. a lot rests on SJM's shoulders

interesting that most of my bournemouth supporting chums reckon they're staying up. brooks returning from injury is massive for them

58 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Jeez so I guess next season will be delayed which is hard given the euros next season or are we just playing straight into next season.

They will need at least a month in order for players to move, new shirts and sponsors named etc, etc. League cup will be scrapped and maybe games over the international breaks.

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think Brighton will go with Norwich but taking my Villa hat off we have to be one of the favourites to go down.

Losing the home advantage could well tip the balance.

Norwich was hitting some really good form before the break. Will be interesting to see how they are affected.

2 hours ago, sne said:

6 games in 22 days, mid-summer. Without all the chemtrails in the sky to protect us from the sun's rays the players are going to get burnt out prior to the start of next season. Better hope for plenty of English summer rain! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Norwich was hitting some really good form before the break. Will be interesting to see how they are affected.

1 win, 1 draw, 4 defeats.

2 goals scored. 7 conceded.

In the last 6 league games.

FLYING

Aston Villas last 6 league games.

Scored 6. Conceded 13.

If you take away goal difference (we are 2 goals worse off) we are identical.

Both are in poor form and there's no other way to look at it

Edited by Mjvilla

2 hours ago, sne said:

Those will change because TV games haven’t been decided yet - all teams listed as playing 3pm Saturday 8pm Wednesday at the moment for the 4th set of matches onwards

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

FLYING

Scored 6. Conceded 13.

Don't bring logic in with him, he thinks Pearson is phenomenal despite the last six games proving otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

FLYING

Scored 6. Conceded 13.

Yeah. That's why i said they were starting to hit some good form.

2 wins in last 3 games. We were on 4 defeats on the bounce.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah. That's why i said they were starting to hit some good form.

2 wins in last 3 games. We were on 4 defeats on the bounce.

3 defeats in their last 4. Scoring 1 goal and conceding 5.

Don't try and skew the facts to suit your agenda.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

3 defeats in their last 4. Scoring 1 goal and conceding 5.

Don't try and skew the facts to suit your agenda.

Not skewing anything.

Just saying they won 2 out of their last 3 games.

Never said they were on good form, said they were starting to hit some good form.