Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Fair play to Norwich. They'll still go down though.

West Ham losing is the small crumb of comfort today.

Problem is West Ham-Bournemouth is on NYD so one of those will probably win, we'll probably lose at Burnley and the gap to 17th will increase signficantly.

Today has probably relegated us unless we roll the dice very quickly. Our GD was pretty good at start of December but since then we've lost all the games by aggregate of about -10 so that's a small advantage we've lost to our relegation rivals.

It's just so hard to see us getting points.  Everyone else looks capable but when you play the only 3 clubs below you and lose one at home, win another but are totally outplayed and don't anywhere near deserve it, then lose the other away very badly against 10 men, where do you go? 

It's hard to see us beating anyone else and the big teams are on the horizon again, what happens after we get punished 8 - 0 by an angry Man Citeh? Things could get seriously depressing then. 

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

It's just so hard to see us getting points.  Everyone else looks capable but when you play the only 3 clubs below you and lose one at home, win another but are totally outplayed and don't anywhere near deserve it, then lose the other away very badly against 10 men, where do you go? 

It's hard to see us beating anyone else and the big teams are on the horizon again, what happens after we get punished 8 - 0 by an angry Man Citeh? Things could get seriously depressing then. 

I think if we keep DS for rest of the season we'll struggle to win more than 3 games. We will be relegated by quite a distance.

New manager, possibly bounce and 5 wins with a few draws and we wouldn't be far off. Six wins would keep us up.

It's still far from impossible if we change things. Just doing little but signing more lower level projects and crossing our fingers isn't going to work this team given the state we're in.

• Like 1

West Ham lose, probably Manuel Pellegrini's final game.

Moyes seems to think he's getting it again.

West Ham still have loads of tough away games to play so don't think it's a lock at all they'll just breeze up to 40 points. Think they'll be in the mix until the end.

Forgetting performances and results we're not in the worst of positions, still only a point from safety, West Ham have a game in hand but that's against Liverpool, and they play Bournemouth next, so if we beat Burnley then we will come out of the relegation zone whatever happens, Bournemouth win then a draw against Burnley will be enough to take us above West Ham.

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

But we beat Norwich at home 1-0 

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

But we beat Norwich at home 1-0 

Re-read my post.  How many more times will we play a team like Norwich who are below us in the league, get comprehensively outplayed by them yet come away with an undeserved win. I would suggest we are far more likely to end up with a result like today's. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Re-read my post.  How many more times will we play a team like Norwich who are below us in the league, get comprehensively outplayed by them yet come away with an undeserved win. I would suggest we are far more likely to end up with a result like today's. 

I suspect he was being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

My reply was tongue in cheek,  i agree with everything you said

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

My reply was tongue in cheek,  i agree with everything you said

Apologies, missed that one.  I am usually the first one to say I didn't realise I have to put a smiley after every tongue in cheek post as well.  Doh.. 😳

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Southampton's next three games are against Spurs, Leicester and Wolves, I know they've been getting some surprise results but surely they can't keep it up.

Nice easy points from Spurs for them then.