Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

If there was ever a reason to null and void a season, this is it. Its a once in a lifetime occurrence, something that is killing thousands. Its not safe, no point keep looking for a return date until its contained. Even if 95% of games go ahead with no-one contracting the virus but then one or two players do and pass it back to someone who then dies then its gross negligence all decided upon by chancers trying to make up for the threat of lost money. If i was a Prem player, i wouldnt chance it. You have the money to ride it out, whats the point in risking yours or your families health to appease some highranked CEO or Corporation? 

Its not fair on Liverpool, Leeds, West Brom but that just shouldnt matter or come into the thinking. The bigger picture is trying to prevent more people suffering and dieing for something that is entertainment, it isnt essential. 

If 9 games had been played instead of 29 would it have been scrapped? Probably. The money in football has been ridiculous and its now all that matters. Sad its come to this really but not surprising in the slightest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Talk today of non-contact training, how does that prepare the players for the High-level intensity of an actual match.

This is a farce!

Silly_nannie_dance GIF | Gfycat

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If there was ever a reason to null and void a season, this is it. Its a once in a lifetime occurrence, something that is killing thousands. Its not safe, no point keep looking for a return date until its contained. Even if 95% of games go ahead with no-one contracting the virus but then one or two players do and pass it back to someone who then dies then its gross negligence all decided upon by chancers trying to make up for the threat of lost money. If i was a Prem player, i wouldnt chance it. You have the money to ride it out, whats the point in risking yours or your families health to appease some highranked CEO or Corporation? 

Its not fair on Liverpool, Leeds, West Brom but that just shouldnt matter or come into the thinking. The bigger picture is trying to prevent more people suffering and dieing for something that is entertainment, it isnt essential. 

If 9 games had been played instead of 29 would it have been scrapped? Probably. The money in football has been ridiculous and its now all that matters. Sad its come to this really but not surprising in the slightest.

But they won't null out the season if they decide to void it.

They'll do PPG. Relegation is happening regardless of the outcome. Don't you realize that?

Edited by villalad21

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It would be unfair to relegate and promote if there are still points and games to play for, the PL cannot do this and expect to stay in business.

Don't YOU understand that?

Regardless what happens will be unfair for someone.

Nulling the season would be unfair to Leeds and West Brom.

No matter the outcome there will be an element of unfairness.

Season is looking to finish in a restricted and slightly tweaked format so our fate is still in our own hands.

Finishing the season is the aim and it's the most fair decision for everyone.

Edited by villalad21

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Regardless what happens will be unfair for someone.

Nulling the season would be unfair to Leeds and West Brom.

No matter the outcome there will be an element of unfairness.

Season is looking to finish in a restricted and slightly tweaked format so our fate is still in our own hands.

Finishing the season is the aim and it's the most fair decision for everyone.

PL aren't concerned with the Championship clubs, they are focused on its members.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Yes that's the point.

Self interest in your club will always cloud your opinion to a certain extent.

That's why i want the season finished. If they void it they'll do PPG and that would be just awful for us.

Relegation would be a total disaster after all the money we spent. Not to mention all the vital players we are likely to lose.

No, it really wouldn't. The amount of people losing their lives is a disaster. The strain put on the NHS and it's workers is a disaster. 

Villa going down would mean nothing, we will still keep going. Get some perspective.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Premier League are reporting to be pushing back to 19th June as proposed start date. 

Is that to extend training before coming back or training also pushed back 

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Premier League are reporting to be pushing back to 19th June as proposed start date. 

I wonder are they just pushing the date back and back until everyone can just accept the season won't be finished. I don't see how the season could restart on the 19th, play the games remaining and then a new season start in September. It's not feasible. 

Just now, villa89 said:

I wonder are they just pushing the date back and back until everyone can just accept the season won't be finished. I don't see how the season could restart on the 19th, play the games remaining and then a new season start in September. It's not feasible. 

But, but Sheffield United fans want the season to finish so it must do. 😂😂

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And you can guarantee it'll get pushed back again.....

26 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

No, it really wouldn't. The amount of people losing their lives is a disaster. The strain put on the NHS and it's workers is a disaster. 

Villa going down would mean nothing, we will still keep going. Get some perspective.

Give over, poster was clearly referring just to football. Obviously we all know the pandemic is bigger than everything else. Stop being pedantic

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There’s going to come a point where they have to decide between this season being affected or this season and the next 1-2 at least also being affected.

Surely common sense has to prevail, trying to force completion of this season is literally cutting off your nose to spite your face in terms of the future impact.

• Like 1