Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's easy to say that when you are already a multi millionaire. If he's scared to play football then he must be scared to go to the shops as there's more chance of catching the virus there than there is in a place where people are actually being tested for it. The virus isn't going anywhere and there won't be a vaccine for 12 months at least. We are going to have to accept that we can only manage the virus, not eliminate it. 

I believe you are correct.

Teams will either have to turn up or forfeit the match. 

Also, black and other minorities are dying at a far more alarming rate. Kudos to Troy Deeney. I'm sure many other footballers from minority backgrounds feel the same.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Thing is though, a lot of players (thanks to the exorbitant wages already earned) can afford to not play again and I’ll bet there’s a fair few who will be valuing their family above football.

I wait with bated breath on this one because I think it will be really, really interesting.

I can see someone, for example, of Aguero’s ilk just saying ‘you know what guys, thanks but no thanks, I’m just gonna stay in my 8 bedroom mansion cheers’.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

8 hours ago, Silent_Bob said:

Probably true, but there won't be a vaccine ready for quite some time. Which means we need to learn to live with this virus wether we like it or not.

That’s very true but at the same time living with the virus means we need to adapt our living somewhat plus we also need to open slowly so as not allow the virus to spread like wild fire.  This means slowly easing the restrictions and assess after every step to see the impacts and isolate the flare ups.  Where a risk doesn’t need to be taken in the early stages then don’t, football is one of those things at the moment and if it wasn’t for money the season would’ve been ended before now.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Yes thanks to deregulation and competition caused within a free market economy watching TV has gone from being the cheapest household bill to the most expensive by a country mile.

Basic Virgin Media full house bundle. I want Sports, Mrs wants movies, daughter wants Netflix, Son wants prime.  Then they have the cheek to ask me to pay a subscription so they can listen to bloody music for a Christ sake!!!! 

What's wrong with the radio and holding a tape recorder up to Top of The Pops??? 

what's wrong with the radio? shit, where do I even begin...

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Deeney's quotes in full. Hard to disagree.

No one is forcing them to turn up to the games, but that doesn't mean the games will stop.

We've been sitting at home for months now. We have to return to normality.

Everyone in this closed and restricted environment will be Covid-19 tested. It will be safer than going to the convenient store.

If Deeney refuse to turn up i'm sure there are players either in the first squad or U-23 willing to take his place.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Deeney's quotes in full. Hard to disagree.

He is right about the cash aspect 

Thats what it comes down to in the desperation to finish , its not just us Italy ,Spain Germany the same.No games means broadcast money returned and clubs going bust or Goverments step in to bail them out.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cue Deeney getting abuse now from morons who think its a plan to stop relegation 

Cue morons who say, we’ll that’s his choice, others will take his place.  

They won’t be saying the same thing if Grealish, McGinn and Mings say the same thing.

Edited by nick76

18 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

So if it’s not safe enough for fans to be inside a stadium why should it be safe for players to be in there?

“At corners, Watford have 11 men back so you’re talking about having 18 or 19 men in a penalty area. That’s not social distancing.

As usual he is full of non sense.

There's a big difference on 40 000 people, packed in the attendance vs 22 Covid tested footballers on a corner.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Cue morons who say, we’ll that’s his choice, others will take his place.  

They won’t be saying the same thing if Grealish, McGinn and Mings say the same thing.

I think Zatman was alluding to other fans not us saying its about avoiding relegation 

Anyone fired up for the Revier-derby tomorrow between Dortmund and Schalke?

One of the highlights of the season usually, bet it won't be the same in front of a empty Südtribüne and with players who do not want to be there.

• Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8320927/MARTIN-SAMUEL-points-game-argument-totally-flawed.html

In football, if you want to make a bad situation worse, it's always worth getting the Football Association involved.

So it was this week when Greg Clarke, the FA chairman, told Premier League clubs the governing body would not sanction a season without promotion or relegation. Despite the fact it already has.

There was no objection from the FA to the decision which cancelled affairs in the Combined Counties League Division One for instance, and with it the promotion of Jersey Bulls

Some good analysis here from Martin Samual on PPG .

• Like 1