Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

16 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Which begs the question, how many players are going to pick up these little niggly muscle strains because they haven't been playing football properly?

And rushing the games through will only put more strain on these players to get injuries. Absolutely moronic to try and get playing again at the moment. These money grabbing bastards need to be hung, drawn and quartered.

Exactly 

This is what people complaining the bottom 6 are thinking of can't seem to grasp , the season now is going to be down to things you can't control and when the consuqeunces are a loss of 100 mils then why should we fight our cause.

There is no way with 3 months off , 1 full week of contact training that the first round of games is going to see injuries and unless its changed the protocols include minimal physio after games ( massages /icebaths) its going to be a mess.

The the PL will be taken to court on the basis of integrity and likely lose and things would never be the same again....

I'm all for it, sick of football after all this money-grabbing....

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

They'll probably be doing PPG in the Championship.

Nulling i can't see happening no matter what. Relegations will happen regardless of the outcome.

For me, this really doesn't matter in the slightest. Who cares?? I haven't missed football in the slightest. It barely even takes thought in my head. FOOTBALL DOESNT MATTER right now. 

I barely come in on topic, I haven't been on the sky sports app in a couple of months. It's **** brilliant. You should try it. I love football, I love avfc. But right now, it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Watch the injuries pile up if The Championship intends to fit in that many fixtures in a small window. It will disadvantage teams that rely upon high press tactics and intense fitness levels, levels that will be harder to achieve with a reduced training window and a prolonged break. So much for sporting integrity.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Watch the injuries pile up if The Championship intends to fit in that many fixtures in a small window. It will disadvantage teams that rely upon high press tactics and intense fitness levels, levels that will be harder to achieve with a reduced training window and a prolonged break. So much for sporting integrity.

So your saying a Leeds meltdown is possible 🤔😁😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

For me, this really doesn't matter in the slightest. Who cares?? I haven't missed football in the slightest. It barely even takes thought in my head. FOOTBALL DOESNT MATTER right now. 

I barely come in on topic, I haven't been on the sky sports app in a couple of months. It's **** brilliant. You should try it. I love football, I love avfc. But right now, it doesn't matter.

Im definitely the same. Premier League was a major turn off anyway but now have shown there greed. I will only watch Vills games amd maybe some different leagues when this starts up again 

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I'm sure you'd have a different opinion if we were in Sheff Utd's position.

I've checked out their forum and to no surprise they want the season to finish.

45 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They would have a different opinion if they were in our position ..we could go round in circles all day with this 

• Like 1

Just now, Nabby said:

They would have a different opinion if they were in our position ..we could go round in circles all day with this 

Yes that's the point.

Self interest in your club will always cloud your opinion to a certain extent.

That's why i want the season finished. If they void it they'll do PPG and that would be just awful for us.

Relegation would be a total disaster after all the money we spent. Not to mention all the vital players we are likely to lose.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

People keep suggesting this but the League cup money goes to the EFL (* i think), The FA cup money to the FA, and the European money to UEFA. They aren't going to accept cancelling their competitions and the resulting loss. With the passing of time I think the only logical solution would be to cancel the leagues this season and just start again with pre-season in mid July. However the financial impact would be enormous and would show just how unprepared football was for any changes to the norm. 

This is a bit symptomatic of the entire "project restart" problem.  The conversation always seems to go

"In these unprecedented times we have some really difficult decisions to make and everyone will be expected to make sacrifices......

Except me obviously. I mean I really want my money."

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Im the same.  I used to be really in to my football, watching it all the time but then the money came in a slowly the interest went.  It was when my lad got in to it I got back to watching it but then it still the same as when i kind of gave up on it.

Bored of hearing about City...if not them...Utd...if not Utd...Liverpool....etc etc..the so called big 6...what is the big 6...what makes you qualify.....I cancelled Sky due to the w&%k fest over these teams.....Sky ports Retro...great..lets see some old games...no....Utd....arsenal...Liverpool....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..breaking news.....OGS seen buying a pint of milk....really. 

All this as shown is that money rules, like most of the governing  bodies they all had a chance to store some faith back in to football...yes i get its all about money but there are more than 6 teams in this country and each association should try to remember that but they haven't....no care about safety of others...players....staff....potential lives at risk...the fact even 7 weeks after this started they still don't know their arse from their elbow.

They should either null and void it or wait till it is safe to return to where it left i.e...fans...players...same grounds, as that's what every team signed up to...if it take months....fine...its the only fair way and then we will have to deal with next season.....maybe cancel meaning less international fixtures to squeeze in games...cup replays till later rounds.

I've been a fan for over 30 years, my dad is, my grandad is and my lad is.....we all love Villa...love football...but hate the game it is today.  UTV

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I have thought this the whole time but it will never happen because the 💰 rules everything.

The 20/21 season should be scrapped now. Everyone should calm the f#$k down and spend the rest of this year getting the important stuff, like people's health!!!!, sorted. 

Then when it is actually safe to do so, say early next year, finish the current season and European competitions.

Before anyone starts replying, I'm not dumb this will never ever happen for a myriad of reasons. Contracts expiring in June 30th etc.

This is however the most sensible and sensitive approach and all this talk if anything else makes me sick.

There is going to be at least one death associated with the return of the Premier league. 

Also any increase in cases from a return will put massive dent in the hopes of 20/21 season finishing on time.

I feel like the PL is full of demented people who can't actually think straight unless their wallets are getting fatter by the second....

Yes that makes a lot of sense. The idea of voiding the current season then having a 44 game following season makes no sense to me. 

29 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Its frankly bizarre that they want to end the seasons for leagues one and two but then also carry on with the playoffs. That makes no sense. Can you imagine last season Villa gaining promotion in a empty Wembley stadium?

Villa wouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Ok, well if sheff utd want it to finish then sod the virus, let's finish.

This virus doesn't care who qualifies for Europe. I wouldn't change my mind if villa were in Liverpool's position. I couldn't give a ****. It's deadly. My main interests now are keeping my family and kids safe. Not who's where in the league FFS, so out of touch with reality some people.

• Like 4

Talk today of non-contact training, how does that prepare the players for the High-level intensity of an actual match.

Players are moaning, no physiotherapists, no masseuse, no food after the game....this leads to more injuries which means those teams with a small squad are going to struggle!

This is a farce!

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang